Set Forth Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Set Forth Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:18 pm

I have finished cooking for the weekend. There are several choices to pick from and they are all ready to eat.

DMom and DLillly are taken care of.

I'm going to take DS8 to see Capt Underpants movie this afternoon. He requested to see this movie in April. It was released this weekend. I'm not a fan of that much potty humor but I'm "holding my nose" and going to take him. I checked the reviews and it is rated okay for 6 years old and up.

I want to see the Wonder Woman movie but can't take DS8 with me (rated PG-13). I'll look for a free slot to open up this week. If not, then I'll wait until it is released online.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Parade was pathetic but fun. I love community parades because normally half the community is in it so they need my cheering them on.

We went back to the house for a visit and feed then headed back with me wearing dgs. He fell asleep on the way over but woke up when we got to the fair because of the noise. I would have said I carried him for 2+ hours but it was just 70 minutes. We'll see if I can walk on Monday.

I still have to get another 8k steps in so we will walk to the store when we get home.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:25 pm

hi dear ones...

d kathryn I have gone to a couple parades like that lol but glad it was fun.

I am struggling with lack of action.
dishes are washing themselves and washed the few that were left
I have a bit of a headache but I think it's staying at bay

dh and dd younger are still out (very happy for dd younger but still concerned- hope her brain stays nice and safe)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:52 pm

I got the last load of laundry finished. Jeans are dry and hanging in my closet. I'll struggle with the too-small jeans for the rest of the day. Standing is fine, sitting is dodgy but they help me eat less.

Haven't had much to eat today. A yogurt cup and 2 meat balls, a roasted veg skewer, a packet of goldfish and a glass of milk. We rushed out of here without breakfast and then ate a little bit at the fair in the VIP tent (dd got us in since she's been handling all the social media and publicity.)

I'm pretty tired now so am thinking about a nap. But first I have to vacuum the apartment a bit. I've put the plants back where they belong.

I was going to go buy plants to transplant but am not sure it might be too early yet in the season. I'm also considering getting some veggies. I had herbs last year and liked the idea of a bit (very little bit) of food growing on the balcony. Maybe some grape tomatoes this year.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Setting forth to a bluegrass festival with ds
Ddil and dgrands stayed home. Dgs skin has been sorta inflamed from all the outdoor activity lately and she wanted to keep him home.
PLUS-- he got a little nip on his cheek yesterday from their dog. First time dog has ever shown any sign of aggression at all, but it was understandable-- dgs was trying to take food out of her mouth. He said he thought she was eating trash (she was -- a chili dog wrapper -- and he "was afraid it would kill her and I was trying to save her life." So he learned a valuable lesson and fortunately there wasn't too much damage done.

DS didn't even know when it happened! He was in his office -- across the hallway -- and dgs didn't want to bother him. -- sigh --
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:08 pm

I love most blue grass. have fun d lucy. so sorry their d dog took a nip at him.

you are a very sweet mom d lady!

congratulations d nancy on your dgds graduating how wonderful

I think I am having to accept the slight headache is slowing me down a lot. I haven't any focus. So I will take tylenol and then dejunk the dvd's (I spoke to both dd's and they gave a huge green light)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:40 pm

Dgd is one of the salutatorians. She got a nice sized scolarship from the community for collage bc of her grades and school involvement activities etc. I have one more load of laundry.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:54 pm

((LadyM)) I hope the scrapes heal quickly.

Congratulations to Nancy and dh on dgd's success.

Hope Dee set forth safely today.

I have a load of laundry tumbling in the dryer.

I am out of "scotch" tape. Seems like a small thing, but I can't study without it, lol. I take notes constantly, going along with my ddad's method of learning. (To remember, write it down.) I've developed a manner of note taking for this online course that's so visual, in which I print (small) any charts and graphs that are particularly meaningful and tape them down among my hand-written notes as memory anchors and white-space. Even if there's not a chart, sometimes I print out an image. Once a professor held up 6 fingers to make a point and I printed a miniature of his fingers' image to "hold that thought"!

It helps me to have these "landmarks" in my notes even if I've also written the info. Not sure I could find my place without them, lol, and I'm sure the notes wouldn't be as easy to access.

Need to hit the shower.

If dd doesn't remember to bring back some tape while out on her date this evening (yes, I asked), I may have to set forth for it later, wet head or not.

Late nights are becoming a norm for me - why does that happen when I study or read? Is it not just as easy to study something in the morning light? I look up and see the clock or watch and am so surprised.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:57 pm

We're still at the beach, and I'm dreading going back tomorrow to the stuff with dmom. Dbro still thinks he can take care of her and I just have to wade in and get her moved, I think. We're only in town until Friday a.m., then out of town for a wedding next weekend.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Back in for the night. Made my 13.5K steps so just have to do that tomorrow and I'll make up for the low step days during the driving home.

Need to get my travelog out. Also need to see if dh remembered to share his photos he took today. Dd posted her pictures of dgs at 8 months tonight. They are really cute, he's on a blanket in the front yard.

Return to “Post When You Can”