Magical Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Magical Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Zooming here been to the store for groc. Walked dog fed hens.
Payroll is happening now.
Abc pratice is done we just had recess.
Made miffin cake.
Dump trash. X
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:01 pm

hi d nancy - you ARE zooming around!

hi d kathryn - you are doing magnificent work

hi d elizabeth - I am so sorry you have a migraine ((())) Rather immature of the boyfriend to talk like that. you are working on that room... good for you --- you are getting there and soon it will feel so much better in the mbr

hi d twins stay dry! Also don't be so hard on yourself... care taking is a major emotional and physical job.

hi d rose - stay in a/c!!! have a good day and breath! lots of love to you as you take care of your d mom

wishing everyone a good day.

I am hitting a tired spot - maybe bc I have been driving and sitting and driving and sitting.
time to pick up d mom for tar jay and plant store. dd younger went to the dentist - big amount of work done for sure.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:10 pm

AAaack. I feel like things are piling up on me. I got home from lunch out w dfriend and suggested to dd that we take her car to the local Good year store and see if they can put tires on before she leaves late this afternoon - so that's underway. I will sleep better knowing her tires are new. She's going to split the cost with us.

For some reason my credit card was declined when I had stopped to buy milk - called card company and it must have been a problem with the store's machine as the charge went through, then was reversed. I had given them another card so all is well.

I had a wonderful lunch out w dfriend catching up on things.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:45 pm

I'm stepping away from the computer and going off in search of soil and fertilizer. I'm hoping the closest hardware store has it. I'm really not in the mood to drive anywhere.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:48 pm

I've jotted some notes about the discussion later - that's all we have to do this time.

Going to read the paper now, also finish kitchen.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pm

"Honey, I'm home!" or so to speak. Got in about 4:30/5:00 yesterday. I was whipped by last evening. I haven't even cuop -just a brief glance at today's. What are "Magic cards"?, Kathryn. I can think of a few explanations off the top of my head. Just now finally hooked up my computer and am just trying it out. Although it tells me I'm on a 'metered site'. Shouldn't be -better NOT be! Going to have to check that out real soon.

Been plodding along taking care of things -but a lot is stuff I put in bins last fall so no miceies could get at them if they appeared on scene. Going to pot luck tonight, though my body says I need to rest. But there's too many people who figure on me being there tonight. Figure I'll stop putting away for now and peck away at it after dinner. Dh has fire department meeting tonight so I'll be here alone for a while.

Guess I better check that internet connection as dd plans on bringing her IPod over later to watch the Stanley cup finals. BBL

Editing: Hopefully I have the 'metered' thing 'fixed'. When I went to the properties of our internet it was set to metered which I'm sure it is not.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm back. The MER cube is crunching away, I'm deploying it now. My migraine is gone. I've transcribed a few meetings while I wait for the cube, but need to move to other things now. My plans for the evening have been made. Not real exciting: one DPC, animal org fundraiser work, animal org minutes and notes for May, continue MBR. I should also plan on watching a video so I can return them. On to some reports!

ETA: Just finished MER cube work.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Watching the SHE's come and go. Collectively the travel miles are racking up!

Homeschool Day #176 went well. DS8 finished the main 3rd grade Math curriculum today. There are 4 more school days to meet our state requirements, but all the main curriculums are finished. BIG SIGH OF RELIEF. I have learned sooooo much this year in how to select, plan and organize school things. I look back on all the variations that I tried it makes me smile to see how clueless I was, what I learned from each variation and how it helped me improve. I am thankful for experienced teachers sharing their methods, choices, thoughts, successes and failures online. They have given me ideas of things to do that I would never have thought of by myself.

Next week DS8 will attend Art Camp Monday - Thursday. I'm counting those as his first 4 days of the Fourth grade. Then the following week DS8 will attend a two-day Basketball camp. I'm counting those as school days too. So six of the first 10 days of 4th grade will not require any teaching by me. I don't have to do anything! (other than pay for the camps, take him and pick him up).

This morning DH asked me to look over the church books. He was hoping he was looking at it wrong. He thought there was money missing. Lots of money. Thousands. It took awhile to figure out but it turned out to be okay. All the money is counted after church by 2 of the elders and put into a sealed envelope. DH takes the envelope to CPA to be processed and deposited into the bank. DH only had a deposit slip showing multiple checks being deposited but there was no cash deposit. There is ALWAYS cash and checks. Where did the cash go????? As we looked through the papers provided by the CPA, we became sick to our stomach over this. We knew we were not guilty and with a limited # of people with access to the cash, it was easy to narrow it down to one person. UGH. We went a couple hours heartsick while repeatedly checking every figure..... doubling, tripling, quadrupling going through everything and trying to decide how to proceed. We knew the missing cash would be a criminal matter. Double UGH. THANKFULLY after going to the bank and getting printouts of everything, another deposit slip was found that contained the cash. BIG RELIEF!!! The good part of this experience is learning where to put another failsafe in the church money process.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Dee: Magic is a game, possibly qualifies as a roll-playing game (I'm not really sure, games have changed since I was a kid!) and you play the cards you have (own) to strengthen your chances of winning. Cards are bought in packs of 10, I think, and 8 of those will be regular strength but 2 will have special powers. Certain cards are much rarer than others so some sell for $30 or more each. Therefore, if there are 30,000 cards there should be value in the collection or it cold be all regular cards. Dsil went through and ID'd the special ones which are obviously worth more than the regular ones.

I haven't stepped away from the computer but I have got the subscription to the National Arts Centre Orchestra worked out. We selected mostly pops items, although there were a half dozen other items I'd want. The website for subscriptions is poorly designed but I found a calendar so I could space the things over the season and it made choosing events to give up a bit easier. There were 3 in nine days that I wanted to see, for instance. Using the calendar, I saw that a concert we wanted in September is also being played in July (and was part of last year's season as well.) So I bought the July tickets separately. They are way cheaper than during the main season and I got us good box seats for that. I moved us further back for most things to reduce the cost but we'll be in the front row for Itzhak Perlmen.

Next up is to look into the local Little Theatre's season. I saw a pamphlet and there was not one item I didn't want to go to. We have two little theatres, one more popular stuff but a long walk from the bus. The other one is more edgy and a long walk from home. So I may just choose some from both.

LadyM: I can imagine how heartsick you were over the possibility of missing money.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:02 pm

KidN is gone. Will return tomorrow aftetnoon. I painted on a few rocks. Now I need to think on dinner. Bbq weather here not to hot. Could be too cold this weekend.

Got a new book bag pink zibra striped for a summer go bag rock hunting etc.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”