WANNABEE WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: WANNABEE WEDNESDAY

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:22 pm

excellent. LadyM

The girls are outside firing up sparklers - no clue how that became a fun notion. HRH was insistent about the bug spray. They are delightful girls, really pleasant.

Kathryn how strange about the wipers

Sunny, good to see you and glad you are feeling better. Ugh - 3 hours thunderstorms on top of an already wet world? You must feel waterlogged.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:49 pm

last of dishes in the dw washing themselves. counters cleaned sink cleanish, stove cleanish ;) vacuuming in the am.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:55 pm

they sound like lovely girls d harriet!

I hope you are not coming down with a cold d kathryn - please feel better. weird about wipers breaking already

d lady I hope tomorrow is a lovely day with your dd . you are a smart woman d lady
love the gift - so funny

no longer feeling cranky - always good. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 pm

I know I'm going to miss posting replies to a lot of you -- I should keep a list like Harriet said! Life has just been so crazy around here...
And I MISS YOU GIRLS!!!!

Today I went with ds to get his car out of the shop, where it had been for repairs after the wreck. It looks great. DS had to pay the $1000 deductible he has on it, but he still hopes he will get that back, and insurance agent is encouraging. (They paid over $3000 and they hope to get that back too, I'm sure. Remember, ds was hit from behind in a 3-car pile-up, so it certainly doesn't appear that he would be liable, but who knows?)

Also, while w/ds, went to post office, one drive-thru restaurant for dgs a milkshake, and local steak house to get a gift card for dmom to give her neighbors. We also ate at a local bar--b-que restaurant, b/c ds loves it and he thought I'd probably enjoy a chance to eat off-limits from dh's diet!

After that, dh & I went to Next Town, and got stuff at P ublix for dh to take on our weekend trip. He gets their very-low sodium meats and makes sandwiches while we are at festivals, etc. We also went to the mall and I got dgs 3 shirts, a pair of jeans, and a pair of khaki shorts, at a total of 60% off -- today only, b/c I had my B elk Premier card, Harriet! (B elk is based in your state, right?)
Of course, after we got home, had to do supper and clean up the kitchen.
Talked to ddil re: dgs's bday presents... then talked to ds (twice) re: call to ac repairman unit at bedroom end of his house is out again... and talked to dmom re: the fact that she MIGHT have to return to ER tonight. * sigh * (So far so good; she has not called back.)

Last night -- neighbor had to take dmom to ER b/c her shoulder was hurting so badly! (We were out of town w/ds.) She is STILL in extreme pain with this, saw family doctor today, and has appt at ortho-doctor next week to get a shot in that shoulder. She said she told him she had always wanted an older brother, but if she had one, he could not possibly have been any nicer to her than neighbor was. So she wanted to get him and his wife a gift card to say thank you. He is also the one who mows her yard and the yard at her other house, for a very low price.

Tomorrow morning, she has appt to get remaining teeth pulled and dentures put in. :shock: I am really, REALLY nervous about how this is going to work out, b/c once those teeth are gone, they're gone, you know? He can't exactly just put them back in. (I guess implants remain an option but an EXTREMELY time-consuming and EXTREMELY expensive option.) So... I think I dread tomorrow more than she does. I asked if she could wait until next week to see the shoulder doctor, and she said yes, b/c the dentist would give her pain meds that would probably last through next week. But they gave her D emerol in the ER last night and she said that had not made a bit of difference.
This reminds me to send more (((BIG HUGS))) to Harmony and Mr. Dee... and anyone else with arthritis-type or other type pain.
And sending lots of good wishes for blessed's dd tomorrow!
I'll be taking her, and we have to be in Next Town at 9:30 in the morning.

Also had to call some drug agency and fill out paperwork for dh to get some drug that apparently nurse practitioner at the heart clinic wants to prescribe at his appt there next week... filled out paperwork for that and put it in the mail...
Went to local farm for strawberries -- they're all gone now... :( got blackberries instead... dh says blackberries are not agreeing with him lately, will give them to ds...
Renewed library books via phone...

Of course, Monday I was with dmom all afternoon at the lung doctor... and yesterday had the grands all afternoon.

I did see your post about dd keeping your dgrands, Harriet. She may be underpaid! ;) DS/DDIL pay $10 an hour, I think, for their babysitter -- young lady who keeps our church nursery. But she also runs a beauty shop from her home and is not always available. They just don't know any older teens that they really trust. So it's difficult for them if we are not available.

(((Kathryn))) Hope you feel better soon! BTW -- had to change our smoke alarm battery this morning. It chirped all night, but dh was * finally * sleeping, and I didn't want to get up and change it, for fear of waking him.

LadyM -- happy birthday to your dd, and a HUGE POTB to you! I love your gift ideas, and I love even more the wonderful way you are so accepting and loving. You are like a living picture of the father in the parable of the prodigal son, you know? You are such an inspiration to me. (Not that I have ever faced such a situation as you have had to deal with -- but when I want to criticize or "help" a little more than I should, I try so hard to remember how you are so wise in dealing with situations/decisions you don't agree with.

So glad you're feeling better now, blessed!

And I'm smiling at all the fun at Harriet's house tonight!

And there is so much more I want to say... but the washing machine just beeped, so I have to take care of that. Did my laundry yesterday, dh's tonight.
I miss so much having time to check in properly with y'all! I can read on the phone -- and I'll probably be looking for y'all to keep me company while I wait tomorrow at the dentist... (oral surgeon)... but it IS hard to respond much on the phone. Hope y'all have a Thrilling Thursday -- hope dmom is thrilled with her new teeth! ;) -- and hope to be somewhat more back to normal by tomorrow night.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Blessed no but I have 2 friends in that group. Same concept. I caved and put a hand written note in the next 2 bags I put out. I was being a rebel did not want to do that. I had to think on the wording and remembered I have a punch that make gift tags. :roll: lol.

Saw 2 snakes on the road I was walking next to getting rocks this evening. 99% sure the were bull snakes but still. Ack!

Neighbors yard is getting out of control again wild grass half way up to the knee. Even if they have a new mower it has to be used to be effective.

Return to “Post When You Can”