WANNABEE WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

WANNABEE WEDNESDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:22 am

I wannabee......hmmm, let's see. I wannabee definitely organized right out of the gate. I'm getting there but there's always room for improvement. I for sure wannabee able to get as much done in a day as LadyM. But for every person we might wannabee -there's always something I might not want to add to my life. "The grass is always greener" -probably not.

Got up shortly after dh came into the bedroom to get his pager off the charger. He tried sleeping in the bed the first night I was home but ended up in the recliner. It's just too painful for him, even yet, to lie flat. (Think both his shoulder that had surgery in December and his left knee). He'll have a knee replacement on that knee July 11th. Then after that's all healed and well he'll have a complete shoulder replacement (the same shoulder that they did the intensive rotator cuff repair on in December). But he's never held down very long. So I doubt he'll ever make it to the bed this camping season at least. He's looking so tired and I'm sure, besides all the hours of work he puts in, pain is a lot of that.

Went to dgs4's pre-school graduation last night. Would never expect it of him as he always seems so outgoing, but he was extremely shy and walked up for his 'diploma' with his eyes squeezed shut.

Still quite cool here but at least the rain seems to have stopped and wait for it......here comes the sun. After needing rain so badly in FL (though they are now getting their share I think), we've had quite enough rain. Know so many who have lost their homes along the lake (Ontario) because of all the windy/rainy weather and all the flooding. Know one couple from church said their house had a foot of water everywhere. They put all the furnishings as high as they could to try to save some.

Time to get busy and at my tasks.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: WANNABEE WEDNESDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:45 am

great beginning d dee! (((for your dh))) hoping he is not affected pain today. I will also pray for those who have been affected by floods.

wishing you a great day d dee and to everyone as well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:48 am

yesterday I became weak. I slept heavy all afternoon and rested all night - I normally don't get pain in my body except for headaches but everything hit me yesterday - bummer - It was so beautiful - it just means I just have to keep swimming.

wannabee - I want to be an athlete and nature enthusiast (lol but without the work - lol I found out it doesn't work like that) but I can on a healthy lifestyle

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:56 am

I wannabee......hmmm, let's see. I wannabee definitely organized right out of the gate.

Me too!

I had three big things on my li&t for today: manicure (for wedding weekend), getting groceries, and seeing therapist at 4 p.m. Dfriend M asked if I wanted to walk this morning, however, so I'll try to "Time slot tetris" it into another slot hopefully tomorrow. I guess if I don't get the manicure at all it won't be the end of the world, tho. It's a beautiful morning here, low humidity and temp in low 60s tho, after several days of clouds and rain, so it will be good to be outside.

Tomorrow I only have mother. We are to visit the assisted living community at 11:30 a.m. - I'll get her meals while I have her out too.

I must get caught up on laundry before we leave again on Friday a.m.

bw2, I'm with you on wanting the healthy lifestyle. And the weight from the trip last week is still with me. Glad to get getting in a walk today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 am

I'm up and dressed. Bedroom tidied. Dish drainer emptied. Tea and chocolate consumed.

I wannabee caught up.

To achieve that (and not in order, this is a brain dump):

1. Start work on sermon/service for Sunday (I've enjoyed the last 2 weeks off!)
2. Tidy and vacuum apartment
3. Buy soil and pots. I think I have a note somewhere as to which sizes to get
4. update bullet journal (the pot sizes should have been written there but weren't)
5. Repot plants
6. Take excess plants to dd's to get them off my balcony - planting is optional
7. Open mail from the trip
8. Deal with all emergencies
9. put new GPS in the car. Doesn't have to be running but I need to get it off my desk.
10. wash car
11. take car in for maintenance appointment

Hmmmm, that's a very long list. I think I'll start with breakfast and perhaps the bullet journal. I also need to think about buying more bullet journals, I have about 3 -4 months left in this one assuming. If my refugees arrive, I'm guessing less than 3. So I'll plan to start the next one for September but be prepared for earlier.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:11 am

I agree. I definitely wannabee more organized. I also wannabee more self-disciplined. I kind of went off the tracks yesterday, which ended up being not very productive. I also gave in and ate some ice cream last night, which resulted in more evening snacking. Not good.

A bit of a rant: Dd21 is puppy sitting - at our house. It was a last minute thing she was asked to do, like the day before. I'm not too thrilled about it all. Dd21 knows the owner from the campus religious org. This girl has the puppy as a "therapy dog." The long story: this girl has agreed to room with dd21 and others in the apartment next year. Though, unfortunately, her name is not on the lease. Though, how does that work?? The building changed ownership this spring and also changed their policy regarding pets. They are no longer allowed. This girl thinks they'll allow her dog since it's a "therapy dog." Different from a service dog. Dd21 isn't sure they will. If she can't keep the dog in the apartment, she will not live in the apartment -- which makes the rent too high for some of the girls who have signed the lease. However, this girl is a huge procrastinator and has still not checked with the apartment to see if they will allow her therapy dog to stay there. I am not impressed. I see this as inconsiderate behavior since she very well may leave the other girls in the apt. in the lurch. The more time they have to find a replacement roommate if she can't keep the dog there, the better off they will be. Dd21 says she is young -- the same age as dd19 who would not do this, I believe -- and has some deeper issues going on.

Anyhow, they said they'd drop off the puppy around 9:30 last night. They arrived around 10:40. They're picking her up sometime today, hopefully earlier than they dropped her off yesterday. The puppy doesn't seem to be housetrained at all. She's had 5 accidents in the house so far. Fortunately, dd21 is taking care of everything. The puppy sleeps in a crate at night just like our dogs do, so that is helpful.

More positive news: dd21 successfully sold the granite and mahogany island on Craigslist. She changed the ad to cash only. A nice young couple bought it and picked it up with the help of some other young men last night.

Some of my goals today are a repeat from yesterday. Beyond the dailies:
1. Jog
2. Weeding
3. Payroll meeting at 1
4. Pepper to the vet at 3:45
5. Post office: hold mail for vacation

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:19 am

I've 'spiffed' up through, got the dishes done and cleaned up the kitchen. Oh my! It's only 9:15 now how did that happen? Of course it goes a long way that pretty much everything is now settled. Think I'm going to try just using large plastic bags this winter when I start putting things up -rather than the bins. At least I wouldn't come home in the spring feeling like "I HAVE to get this end of the RV put back together. And it also is so nice to look at different spots and not feel like I really need to get this or that cleaned. Cleaner even did the windows I'm discovering (and as with all the wood, there is also a LOT of windows in here. There's at least 12 -some big, some smaller, plus the patio door. So lots of light coming in and I love it! DD's house is so dark. When whomever built that house -they didn't plan very well for light.)

Have suitcases, etc and the plastic bins from inside ready to go to the storage shed. Just hate to ask dh to do one more thing to than he already has going.

Think I'll try to get out and do some of my walk shortly. It's going to be cool walking -something I'm not used to. Dh said he could 'sneak' me into our rec hall to walk some laps in inclement weather. But I hate to abuse that privilege.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:26 am

frustrating d helia... unfortunately if the girl is a huge procrastinator and sounds like she is likely to be kicked out. (very frustrating) She also needs to be on lease. All the girls in the apartment have to insist she takes care of it right away. Hope the girl gets on the ball! have a great day~~~

d twins waving at you~~~~

hi d Kathryn ~~~

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 am

dd younger has training today at work until 8 pm

okay time to start! :D

on my, get at least one thing done, l*st

my current goal during the summer: do one thing out of my comfort zone daily

- plant flowers and first exchange dirt :arrow:
-grocery store - the little things for dinner - I slept yesterday so I couldn't make dinner :shock: :D
- make an early dinner - :D made at usual time
-continued work: pool :arrow: , clutter, french,
- get library room
-dailies some ;)
-brush dogs

walk
play with dogs

called landscapers for a project for dh :D
need to call electrician for dd youngers room (need to find one first) :D
call a/c people :arrow:
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:19 am

3 day CUOP Catching up through last evening ... ..

blessed said (about knowing old songs) :

gosh I am old 8-) but still so cool

:D

I get the sentiment. People who are unaware of how vastly cool I am must get such a surprise, bless their hearts.

Ramblin' is your email here correct? I suppose I can find out by emailing! When will I get time? lol but thinking of you away.

Twins' said "disarray" Monday and I flashed on my house and world - that is my experience at this moment, disarray. But I'll come up for air in a few weeks.

Kathryn and someone else have Magic cards - for someone who doesn't know how to play, I sure have lots. HRH and dd18 knowledgeable about this from two different time periods, one prehistoric, lol.

Elizabeth -
....fruit and salad for get together - smart
....sewing class for dd - smart and fun
....food diary for migraine tracking, maybe?
....inappropriate comments by xBFF at party - my late dh used to tell group in that situation that you had to listen to those people talking about sex, since, after all, they invented sex and had the right to discuss it. There wasn't any sex before them, and none of the rest of us were aware of it. :| Ouch for her dd.

LadyM I felt such relief for your dh and you when you realized the other deposit was made. You must really have a large church, with CPA and all. The specter of embezzlement is why all churches in our denomination will have to have audits. Nothing's happened with us but the headlines are ominous out there.

lucylee, I have written here in notes to respond - "lucylee, wow are you okay?" I have no idea which situation it was, but rest assured those were my feelings at some moment, okay? Also have a note to tell you Dd gets $20 to sit with ds' house and Gunner-puppy (children asleep upstairs with baby monitor for babyC) on a date night for them to see a movie.

Mr. DeeClutter, yay for finding missing item.

Twins' happy dance for the understanding in family about this step for your Mom.

Nancy, you will be joining dd as you work in cafe. She is back to part time with the restaurant again. I hope you continue to enjoy it and have the hours you want.

Dove and Norma have not posted much lately.

Return to “Post When You Can”