The Thrill is On Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: The Thrill is On Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:50 am

Dee, Kathryn went back and gave an explanation in your first post.

Happy Birthday, LadyM's dd

lucylee, I hope your dmother feels better soon.

helia, this female Sugar Glider is a very successful pet, according to the family and certainly our gathering last evening. Dd had been raving about it, but one of the other girls and I were seeing one for the first time. HRH's grandfather used to have one so HRH had played with one before. My impression was of a miniature, fluffy-tailed opossum who actually enjoys petting. The body is like a newborn puppy - super soft and as if there's more skin than critter. In and out of various pouch concepts - a sock, a soft purse, etc. - is the main "play", along with treating a bulky sweater the girl wore as a playground, riding around upside down hanging from the sleeves, or ducking inside here and there. She truly does seem to enjoy the girl. She didn't glide in my house, but they tell me she has a regular gliding route in the girl's home and will glide to family members when called. (They don't "call" unless wearing bulky clothing!)

helia, I remember the chat about giving turtle shots! That was a big responsibility to take.

One TaDa - I did get some coursework done while trying to stay out of the girl's way.

Errands today:
pharmacy 1
bank

I also want to repot my African Violet.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:58 am

d lucy ... I am praying for your d mom - you really have had lots on your plate - sending you my love.
hi d dee hope your d family have a wonderful time at the parade. so fun that your ds will be marching
Hi d twins wishing you the best during your senior loved ones care day.

hi d kathryn (((kathryn I am so sorry you are sick)))

D lady is it your birthday? If it is HAPPY BIRTHDAY? if it isn't: treat yourself to a birthday like day

hi d Helia! Your fine re: the list... we all know it is for everyone!!! lots of love to you.

d nancy... I don't like bull snakes either - they can get a nice size and even though you don't have to worry still Ackkk is right! I haven't seen them here but when we lived in wisconsin - they would get caught up in my brothers hay bails - yuck.

wishing you all a wonderful day. :D :D :D lots of love to you all.

d Harriet - HELLO!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:01 am

I changed my day up - I had planned on taking d mom with me to do an errand but decided I needed to stay home as the dogs are shedding like crazy and I need a day to myself as I have to take her tomorrow to a far away dr. appointment tomorrow.
I left her a message

I am going with dd younger to her dentist appointment bc she asked me 10:30
3 pm french (glad to get back to it)

do one thing out of my comfort zone.

home: laundry
clutter hotspots
bills
make dinner for d family - thinking vegetarian as I feel better when I eat vegetarian
make brown rice for the freezer

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:09 am

Phoned dd about grocery shopping and plants and am heading there in a moment. The good news is that dgs' cold is over so mine should be a few days after his. Of course, we don't know when he got sick, the sore throat wasn't visible and he can't say, "I feel sick!" He's also teething so any crankiness at first was put down to that.

I've had breakfast and am finding I'm getting more energy as the day progresses. Possibly due to sucking energy from others (I brightened during the phone call with dd.)

I've picked up the mail and a part I had ordered before leaving arrived. A $3 solution to charging things (assuming it works.) I have a permanent USB to micro USB at my bed but don't need it to charge my tablet any more since I'm using wireless charging for that. I often want to charge my fitbit or mp3 player but they need regular USB. So this part is a micro USB to USB so I can then plug in the specific ends for my fitbit and mp3 without having to move to the other side of the room and leaned down to the floor where the outlet is.

OK, off now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:14 pm

So I am working 12 to 6 ish to much better shift. :mrgreen:
Got a txt Joann's has a sale later so no need to hurry it can wait for a diff day.
Cooler & nice here today. Got labels punched tagged new batch of bags. Put one out at the grange. They had plenty of tracing rocks I put out 2 one said pray for our troops. I will make more of those up in the coming days.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Good morning everyone! I obtained groceries last night, but forgot the stamps dangit! However, I have another opportunity tonight. I tried to bake brownies for the VBS dessert Friday. What a fiasco! Edges were like concrete, centers were gooey, and despite liberal application of Pam, they will NOT come off the baking dishes. I will get a second cake tonight. Expensive, but edible. After getting the usual stuff done, there was not time to do the minutes and notes, so that will be tonight's WTF. I have been arranging the fundraiser, so I am not a complete animal org slacker. What I did get done: a few more color swatches for the sweater and day 3 of real dinners. Tomorrow won't be a problem in the real dinner category, the friend I emailed is joining me.

Today is shaping up to be not typical at all. On the homefront, DD15 is a team leader at VBS so no Girls' Night Out. I will pick her up at 830 and deliver the food. Hmmm ... maybe I won't get to the WTF. Making the salad is a higher priority, it has to be delivered tonight. On the payroll front, there is not enough of me to go around. Boss M needs me to take over some of the things he has been doing, because he is having to cover two positions for a while. B, of the team I have been working with since I started with the state, wants me on a new project. (Actually several projects, but those are in the future). It is good job security to be wanted.

Sending get well NOW prayers up for lucylee's dmom.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks, Kathryn, I see now it was you! :D

Had lunch with dh and dd is here. Going to go take a walk shortly. I've been sitting up with my legs up as I can feel the swelling in my ankles (especially the left one). Not sure what's going to happen with all that -the swelling has been bothering me. It's something I never had before this heart attack and subsequent stents. So obviously something is going on. I'm also having a very difficult time losing weight. Though my BS are staying consistently at good numbers. Have a feeling a lot may well be water weight. My meds are so changed around and I'm no longer on a diuretic like I was up till mid-January. But I also had no problem with swelling until the Dr. in FL added another blood pressure med. Sure my GP and my cardiologist are going to have lots to say about all that.

OOps sat here and I finally noticed that Elizabeth had posted.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:52 pm

I slept 7 hours last night without having to guilt myself into it. I am copying how Kathryn tracks her steps weekly and applying it to my healthy habits. Instead of looking at just one day I am keeping track of how I'm doing over the span of a week.

Homeschool day #179 went well. DS8 continues to use a timer with each lesson. Before he starts, he decides how long he thinks it will take him to complete the worksheet/chapter or lesson. Then he tries to finish before the timer goes off. Today he thought he could finish a Growing with Grammar lesson in 13 minutes. He set the timer and got started. A couple minutes later, he got distracted by petting/playing with his puppy. I didn't say anything but kept working on my project. It made me happy to observe him self-correct when he realized the timer was still going and he wasn't focusing on his lesson. WWHOOOOHOOO!! Baby stepping our way to him working independent & self-directed.

DS8 decided to get a crew cut at this trip to the barber. Last time he got a mohawk haircut and it had grown out. I don't care what kind of hair cut he selects as long as the hair stays clean and cared for.

I was surprised when DGD6 had a moment of anxiety at lunch today. This morning was drama free with no problems. Before leaving the house we put matching hair bows in DGD6 hair and her baby doll hair. DGD6 was happy and skipping as we went into the school building. She had her American Girl doll in her arms and we discussed that I would hold the doll while DGD6 got her food. DGD6 was happy about that and followed DS8 to the check-in table and then started to go for her food. There were no other kids near her so I know no one said anything. Without any reason, DGD6 burst into tears and took off running to me. It wasn't a fake cry. It was a hiccup type of sincere crying. DGD6 told me that she was scared. She didn't know why she was scared. I gave her a moment to get herself under control and then walked the 20' with her to get her food. The same 2 lunch ladies that have always prepared the school lunches talked DGD6 through the steps (get your milk, get your silverware & napkin, etc.) DGD6 was fine after that. ......until DS8 interrupted DGD6 when she was talking and she had a meltdown over it. Strange. DGD6 has been doing so well with controlling her emotional outburst. She hasn't been here for 4 days so I don't know what has got her upset.....but clearly, something has got her off center. DD asked if DGD6 could stay a "few days" so I don't know how long she will be here. Hopefully long enough for DGD6 to get her emotions settled down.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:24 pm

d harriet - the glider sounds so sweet

oops dogs are barking

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:30 pm

hello again - back from dd youngers dentist - such a nice man. At least that part is done! She still has to have her wisdom teeth done when she has a couple days off of work.

I have to leave for french in an hour so better get to it.
having dinner with d mom and dd younger at 6 pm (hoping dd younger's teeth will be okay)

hi d kathryn so happy your dgs' cold is done.

hi d nancy glad its cooler and nicer by you today.

ok pulling french again

My floors - oh my gosh; they are terrible with all the animals shedding - so i need to vacuum
I still have dailies and laundry and put away but first french before heading out

struggling with focus :o

Return to “Post When You Can”