The Thrill is On Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: The Thrill is On Thursday

Postby helia » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Happy Birthing day, Sunny and LadyM!

Harriet, it was a similar situation here with RB in that she asked specifically about ds' room since she knows he's moving permanently away next month. We do have several empty rooms much of the year, it's true!

Thank you all for your concern!! Yes, a phone call would be so revolutionary, Kathryn! Why don't I just pick up the phone more often?? It didn't even cross my mind. I did email RB about having coffee tomorrow and expressed concern for her. She emailed back that she has been traveling to and from her new job locale, the other large state university about 1.5 hours away, and is tired and has things to get ready for her retreat next week. She is an introvert and says she needs some introvert/homebody time. That all sounds like her. I suspect our worry was all for naught, and funny thing, dh is more worried that this is a relational issue than I am -- and that is typical of him. An interesting fact about our friend RB is that she takes an annual silent retreat at a monastery each year for a week or more. I don't know how she does it. I'm an introvert, but I don't think I could not speak to someone for a full week. . . .

Harriet, our friend RB is doing something similar to what your older DD is aiming to do, I believe. RB has her PhD in chemistry but does research in and focuses exclusively on chemistry education at the university level. Her passion is really chemistry teaching and curriculum development.

Kathryn, do you happen to know if we can bring fresh fruits and vegetables into Canada? I'm thinking we can b/c we've done that before on camping trips. I'll confirm that before we leave, however. Since we're staying in airbnbs, we'll always have a kitchen. I'm packing low-cal snacks for me, and I eat a lot of fruit each day.

OK, I need to cook now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:40 pm

Aaagh. I was trying to do a little research and parts of Ancestry are down. So I guess I should get busy now?

-make the bed (not done this a.m.)
-start lol
-fold two lols that are dry
-copy the forms for the doc for dmom, address envelope to put into the mail. At least they should receive on Sat or Monday and I won't have to deliver them next week
-start packing?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:01 pm

it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:34 pm

happy birthday d sunny son and d lady!!!

both my girls loved New Zealand... hope he can have bit of day for himself.

hi d nancy

I know you feel bad but they will be okay - she is an adult who has a family and is very capable I am sure. I guess I am a little gun shy - I was like you and always wanting to help family and make things work for them but I have found it isn't good thing outside your own children. I am hoping they aren't asking you to come up with something.. I know.. I worry.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:39 pm

I love how you said congrats on the "birthing days" d twins!!! :D

d harriet... they spread her teeth with some sort of a long twisting thing to get in-between - interesting actually -she had one cavity on that side and what else they did - I have no idea. I went with her this time. She is definitely sore.

hi d sunny

hi d lady!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:40 pm

I loved my french lesson today... we spent a lot of time talking as well :D

dd younger is not coming to dinner..I was a bit optimistic as she did better a couple days ago with the same thing. I have lots to do but I am leaving soon to go with d mom.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:05 pm

I think I'm home for the night. Dmom is not feeling much better... but not MUCH worse, I don't think, and she assured me she would be fine.
* sigh *
I am just sooo tired. Been up since 5:30 this morning, except for some dosing in straight chair in the hospital room.

I'm only 5 minutes away if they need me up there.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:09 pm

T storming out now will make this quick. I got in half a walk with the ddog before the clouds opened up. Got the hens put in h fed. Dinner is done. Kids dad came just after 5 so that was good we had a few minutes outside between storms. ... walked more later.

Neighbors that got a new mower yard looks like carp again, a mower only helps if U actually use it!

I was saying vowel sounds to the baby while I was holding him he said his 1st word today "ma". I am sure the parents are thrilled bc they were not sure he would talk bc of the hearing challenge. I just stomp my foot on the floor to get his attn. If he does not respond and shake my head no if he into something he is not supposed to be. I remembered the sign for food, and some stuff dgson had in speach therapy. I wonder if I need to log some of this stuff down. I do not think I mentioned to the parents about dgson's delayed speach.

Return to “Post When You Can”