Always look at the bright side of Life - Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Always look at the bright side of Life - Saturday

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Still hanging around the hospital here...
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:25 pm

(lucylee), it will be in the rear-view mirror! Yes, it will! What a joy it will be to see it there. Thinking of you.

Smiling after CUOP - Kathryn, I just searched my thick stack of music for Holy Holy Holy - HRH said, you know, you should have a notebook with dividers. :| I showed him, underneath the stack, my notebook with dividers. He said, You know, you should have a bigger notebook. Anyway, in Google "images" found in upper right of suggestions the #246 that was actually reprinted from freehymnal. Triple checked with our hymnal and it was correct. For my eyes ;) I copied to a doc and enlarged slightly. 3 copies, so ready for song leaders to avoid switching from our notebooks (especially since in our hymnal it's spread over two pages). Even if it hadn't been from freehymnal I'd have copied - the church spends $300 annually on license agreement and I consider my printer under that umbrella!

Last week, dear bass singer was so proud to have already copied a hymn for us. I sang from it so as not to offend, but he hadn't enlarged at all. Lemetellya, that music was printed awfully close to the page. :D

Nancy, my, you are having ups and downs with the children! (Whoosh! duck!) :shock: Happy for the little one and language potential.

♪ ♫ Schools out for summer! ♪ ♫ LadyM

((Lilac)) no, you mustn't feel badly that you still have your walking time but can't include your daughter. She's just down right now. Think of the lovely walks she can enjoy around her home. Walks aren't gone, just different. Actually, it's a compliment to ya'll (although backhanded!) that she's so negative about missing your walks.

We're having a houseguest overnight and for church. This is the same girl who couldn't help it, but got me right into the middle of upset with a woman at church over giving surprise religion tests to visiting teens. (I'm agin' it! Step AWAY from my friends' child!) That woman is gone now, having gotten into various contention with so many members she finally huffed off. In hindsight, seeing others' pain, I got off easy with my sleepless nights. My plan is to have "forgotten" that ever happened and not bring it up this weekend at all. Dd tells me it upset me, as the adult, much more than it upset the two teens.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Walks aren't gone, just different. Actually, it's a compliment to ya'll (although backhanded!) that she's so negative about missing your walks.
d harriet well said for our dearest Lilac.

d harriet you have a spirit and a big heart that helps all of us. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and caring heart.
Glad that woman is gone. Some people do not the zealous behaviour/expectations can be very painful or unreasonable. Kids sometimes can ignore things but because you are a good person and you love the kids are are looking for the best for them, I am sure it upset you.

praying for you d lucy

d kathryn your hair is lovely

d dee yay on mail. hope your passport comes in soon. I still have to renew mine.

I decided to have a half soup and sandwich out today - by myself - I asked dh but he is having a hard time with the sale of his sweet loving d mom's house on Monday. Stopped at Tal*bots (too much fru fru clothing this time) I did buy white shorts and a royal blue top. Stopped at bank for cash. Picked up lunch for d mom and dropped it off. dh went to store.

I need to: do french adjective cards
vacuum
and think.

heading out at 4:15
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:11 pm

bright spot: knock on wood - dd younger is driving consistently now!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:52 pm

Blessed, it sounds like DD is doing a little better? I hope so.

Stopping by the hospital to sit with Lucylee a bit, bringing a snack and drink for her. (You're in my thoughts).

I look forward to Sat. all week, usually not much to do because either places are closed or DH out working. But the house for friend is done... and now that we have working computer, we're playing catch-up still. All day. Contracts, proposals, plans. Last plan we put together (I was copying and pasting) turned out so professional looking I'm not sure they'll recognize it as ours!

Gotta go look into dinner now.

Has been cloudy and rainy all day today. Not much sun. Must be some lingering stuff from that storm.

Hopefully everybody will have a nice peaceful uplifting time at their churches tomorrow.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:44 pm

This morning dd1 and I walked. When I got home, I seen that dd2 had called 20 minutes before. I called her back and she said that she had wanted to know what the weather was like in town. Since it was sunny and windy, I really don't know why she called to ask that. She didn't need to know now, because she was already in town to buy groceries before going home and getting ready to go to dgs11s ball tournament 45 miles from her. More attitude from her. Personally I think she needs to be back on an antidepressant and I also wonder if she is starting to go through menopause due to the hysterectomy a year ago. BUT I wouldn't dare mention either to her because I know she would hit the roof. She is not an easy person to live with, especially when she decides to feel sorry for herself. I had texted her yesterday before I took the nap to see what time the ballgame was. She didn't answer so I called her, 3 hours later. She told me the time but also said we didn't need to come, it was no big deal. After the silent treatment we got at the game, I really wish I would not bothered calling. I know she is not happy living 22 miles from town but she knew how far it was when she agreed to move out there and it's not like she moved out to a dump. It is a large beautiful, well built home that was totally updated to her taste. I keep thinking that she has 5 kids that are healthy and no money issues, so be thankful instead of ungrateful. When she gets like this I back off, because I don't need her taking her frustrations out on me.

This afternoon dd1 and I went downtown to sign a petition to keep a convicted murderer in prison. The guy is up for parole again. The victim's sister is carrying on after their mother died by getting signatures on a petition. I remember when this happened over 30 years ago and it was awhile before he was caught. This man has spent most of his time in prison in solitary confinement because he can't even get along with other criminals. It doesn't seem right that if you are sentenced to life in prison, how you could ever be paroled, when you committed a horrific murder.

Afterwards we went to an old fashioned ice cream parlor that serves lunch and also wonderful homemade pie. We both had their chocolate peanut butter pie which is so delicious.

By this time tomorrow, dh should be safe at home after a 5 day motorcycle trip.

I need to clean house but I am thinking I might need a nap first. Time will tell...............

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:38 pm

So far things are better today. H grilled burgers for lunch, 3 yo liked that, & outside, a m walk around the block, recess out side 2x it is a better day so we can be out that that helps. And 10- 4 ish splift the 5 - 10 ish ? On the my bright side half done first part of this day is over. They napped h got the rugs shook out and swept kit & dining area. Ran a liad of dishes & laundry mixed upma vatch of cookies. Took a ten min walk w ddog on my break. Fed hens and gathered eggs.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Well, I managed to do two things, my hair and my sermon/service.

I just finished the sermon now and have printed it off. Will tidy up (papers everywhere) and get my preaching bag ready to go, including a bottle of water.

We don't have to leave here until 10 tomorrow so that is nice. But we'll head to bed now.

I had a rest before dinner because I was too tired to keep working.

I managed to walk, slowly, over to the pub for dinner. Was much stronger on the way home. Would have suspected that I didn't have enough food today except I'm pretty sure I did when I list it all in my head. Lots of water.

Dh went and walked with NFD tonight. He said the weather was perfect for a walk, cool breeze and lots of people were out walking or sitting on porches enjoying the weather.

NF11 has been put in a special class with 2 other girls, her two friends. So she is happy at school at last. I'm glad she's out of the chaos of the classroom. It was too much for any child to have to put up with. I'm very sad that was her first experience of school here in Canada.

Return to “Post When You Can”