SENSIBLE SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: SENSIBLE SUNDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:06 pm

((((LucyLee))))) I have checked several times over the past couple of days to see if you had posted. Bless your heart. You & DMom continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((Lynlee & DGD14)))) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

I finished planning and organizing the two Reading curriculum. I have a 3rd Reading curriculum planned & organized but I am going to wait until DS8 finishes one of these before starting the 3rd one. I tried to talk myself into not doing it but it has several good books that I want DS8 to read. It seems a shame not to be able to get to read Swiss Family Robinson. It is a classic made for a young boy with good imagination. So many books....so little time. :)

I've started organizing & planning the English curriculum. The whole Language Arts category seems so big that I have a hard time with it. Last year I did the LA in separate cirrculums (reading, vocabulary, writing, grammar, etc). This year I am trying 3 English curriculum that cover it all. One of the curriculum is considered the "Gold Standard" and the other 2 English curriculum have received good reviews.

However before I decided to use a complete English curriculum, I had already purchased some individual LA curriculum . Oh well. I planned to put most of time & focus on the Math & LA. And what curriculum we don't get finished this year will be used for review next year. Is there any end to this? I keep telling myself to just keep going. Surely, there HAS to be an end to it as long as I don't quit.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Harriet... don't bother to email cause I won't have time to read it.

I am beyond exhausted with round the clock care with my mom and too tired for details. I am cooking, bathing, cleaning up my mom, taking her to the restroom putting her on and off the pot ... changing pads and diapers and doing laundry. More that that will give you the picture

MRI tomorrow and then we'll know more after that. There is no way she can live on her own any more and I am dealing with what to do with her. More but I just am too tired to write about it now.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:39 pm

((((((RR)))))) WOW! Keeping ya in my thoughts and prayers.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:44 pm

I traded rocks at the trading post and met a gal that enjoys doing that also.

Found a paimted rock as well.

Got the last of the laundry in the dryer, dumped the trash, and. Changed a light bulb, and mowed the back yard today.

Next time I see the boys the 1 yo will have his implants in.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:45 pm

ahhh Lucylee - thank you. It seems like I don't do much here.
I did have helper here today.
together we changed the bed.
putting towels on the line has me at exhaustion again.
helper did floors and bathroom.
I caught up on dishes, and , just now, with a pesky mosquito that has been nipping at me.
a call from breast clinic. I opted for a later in the day timeslot as my ability to catch a 7am train seem remote atm. Its next Monday. I need a referral still, so need to do the sit and wait thing for an appointment with a doctor who I've been avoiding for over a year. :roll: have patience.

Prayers for whatever is most needed there Ramblingrose. prayers for your DM. that is a huge job you are doing.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Hi everyone! I guess I have been sensible today. I updated Quicken and paid bills. On realizing what little was left, I made myself a good dinner and tomorrow's lunch. I did make church, even though DD15 is off at music camp. I've obtained prescription cat food, washed and dried (but not put away) LOL, finished the animal org minutes and notes for May, and checked home email. I worked on the dog beds and have added some serger knowledge to my head. I probably won't have time to finish the MBR. I woke up this morning with an idea of how to rearrange the furniture for more room. Won't do it for a while, still on crutches. As soon as I am off, I MUST weed the front yard.

I have some dailies and a shower remaining. The fiasco brownies did come off the baking dishes, without the aid of ants. I don't have to throw them away. Never again.

I have an appointment for my foot on Tuesday. I really really really want to be off crutches and have an all clear, because the fair is in town and (1) Tuesday is $10 ride pass day (2) Tuesday is the only day I will be able to go, because next two weekends are cat clinic + DD15 performances and (3) Tuesday is birthday and I want to treat myself to the fair rides dangit. (There is no reason to go to a fair except for rides). I will be going alone because I obviously can't commit to a group trip when I don't even know if I CAN go.

Gotta go. There is a catbox and cat food dishes awaiting my attention.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:10 pm

Getting ready to sleep in the recliner. I feel bad about my coughing and long for a better sleep. No need to worry about disturbing dh as well.

Am having honey and lemon although it is the wrong sort of honey. I'm trying multiple things at once in the hopes I will feel right as rain tomorrow. The cough is a bit productive so I have moved into the next stage of the cold. But that is slim encouragement.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:26 am

(((Rose)))
I am sooo afraid of what's ahead with dmom's recovery. But... can't think about that now.

Doctor said surgery went well... but it WAS a MAJOR surgery. She had a hernia in her diaphragm and intestines were putting pressure on her right lung. She is going to be in ICU for a day or two... and she has a chest tube... AND she is on a ventilator-- just as a precaution, doctor said.

I'm already exhausted... and they allow one person overnight in ICU... so I guess I'm here for awhile.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:23 am

She's sedated... I'm in the chairs in the waiting room... not a recliner but better than what they have in ICU. The only open recliner is right between two other people.
This is going to be sooo hard. I don't know HOW she's going to take that ventilator when she wakes up...
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:04 am

d lucie praying for you and your d mom!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”