Magnificent Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Magnificent Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi, guys. Energy and optimism, hmmm....?

I have some energy. Trying to channel it well, and believe me, if any were left over I'd want it ~~~ sent to our dear villagers ~~~ either helping their families with medical struggles or under the weather themselves.

The sleepover was happy. Back to workaday now for dd and friend, but they had fun. Brownies they made yesterday were awful. :lol: We're still trying to figure out what on earth happened.

Optimism? Well, that has taken a bit of a blow. Dd happened to run into d(?)stepgd at store. All news was negative for family hopes and requests on the responsibility front. She's been avoiding opportunities offered (education or pt work). Unbelievably, she has been to the beach twice this summer. That's new, but unfortunately not what's required.

Twins' I am on a peaches and blueberries kick right now, plus a tsp of flaxseed meal, which honestly disappears into it. I admitted to myself I personally didn't care for the walnuts with it. Have added hempseed when without flaxseed meal and that was nice.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:33 pm

I should get some peaches Harriet, they are great this time of year. Ds will want a cobbler. :lol: I'm looking up the flaxseed. I like the crunch of nuts in my oatmeal - gives it additional texture. Some times I use slivered almonds, or pecans. Right now I'm getting the large package of walnuts from Costco and freezing in packages.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Thank you for any energy sent my way.

I had a rest, listening to a podcast and dozing in the recliner. Then I had a salad with the leftover fajita meat from Saturday. Also made up the dressing for tonight's spinach/mandarine salad.

Then dh and I walked over to the closest store which is also the best for high-end stuff and bought some high end steak for dinner. Plus mashed sweet potato for me (dh will have garlic bread). That makes a special but easy dinner.

I needed honey too but decided to walk a 1/4 block farther to the health food store. They sold in bulk so I bought just enough for this cold. They knew about the pastilles for singers I asked about but they are not available to sell right now, a production problem. I'll take honey, lemon and hot water with me for tomorrow and mix some up just before singing.

Walked back and visited with a neighbour for a bit before coming upstairs.

My fitbit went off while outside. Not sure why, it shouldn't be too low in battery but I've plugged it in to recharge. It is walking club tonight and I will try and go. If I do, I'll make the 10K steps for today.

Dh says I'm sounding stronger although I still sound sick but my voice is stronger.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Falling asleep in my chair again, but dmom is doing well. Off the ventilator and had no problems with that.
I went home and s2s... had several phone calls... back to hospital. Daunt and uncle came over while I was gone, but now they're gone and I am sooo sleepy!

Made calls to cancel dmom's dentist appt AGAIN and her orthopedist appt (for shoulder) AGAIN and contacted rehab place in town.

I'll go home tonight. I don't think she minds, since she is in ICU.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:49 pm

(((LucyLee))) - I didn't realize your DMom was in ICU and on a ventilator. Is this from UTI and maybe a colon blockage? Will your DBro becoming to help with your DMom?

Dinner was Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. I set the smoke alarm off twice while cooking this. :D OOPS!

I divided a bag of marshmallows into individual serving bags. DS8 and DGD5 get to pick something sweet most everyday. I like to keep their options to around 100 calories when possible.

DS8 learned to make 3 types of clay pots today at Art Class. Pinch pot, Coil pot and a Flat base pot. They used their newly learned skills to create a coffee cup to give on Father's day. I have forgotten the process of making pottery/drying/painting/firing in kiln. Hopefully the coffee cup will be finished before Sunday. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Thanks y'all for the well wishes

Lucylee seems like we're in the same boat so all I can say is ... keep rowing :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Haven't made any progress.

Have got sicker through the evening.

Giving up and getting ready to try and sleep.

Cough is as bad or worse than it was despite the honey and lemon (which is like medicine to me, I really hate it.)

Tried to order a new fitness tracker but it is out of stock on A-river and I can't get a coupon to work at Staples and I'm pretty stubborn that I don't want to order it without the coupon because that's like throwing $10 off the balcony.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:33 pm

You too, Rose... keep rowing...

Is dbro coming, LadyM asks. Hmmm... it would appear not, although ddil, dh, duncle, daunt all agree that perhaps it is time I tell him to get his ... u-know-what.. up here. Sigh. I just don't seem to be able to do that. At least not right now.
LadyM -- it was a hernia in her diaphragm. Colon was pushing through and putting pressure on her lung -- and also "strangulating" (is that a word?) the colon.

Dmom seems to be doing amazingly well. Lung doctor said she might not even need rehab/PT afterwards... which kinda puts me in a panic!!!
I do NOT need her at home unable to drive, etc, for 6-8 weeks... and I figure that's what we are looking at.
SIGH.

And I am also concerned about how dh is going to manage his meals with me out of pocket so much. I person can reach his limit of scrambled eggs pretty quickly, you know...

Left hospital at 6:00 pm. It is now 10:30. I thought I'd come home and collapse... but I got a burst of energy and now I have several at-ds's:
Went to post office
Visited w/dneighbor a bit
Several phone calls
Wrote checks to pay 3 bills
Washed 2 loads of clothes
Put away clothes that had been left hanging to dry
Took allergy shots
Wiped out water that collects in bottom of refrigerator
Washed pan that was left in sink yesterday
-- and now -- trying to figure out why we have no wi-fi...
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:37 am

it's a lot dearest lucy. I am praying they will have your d mom and for you. much love to you always!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”