Magnificent Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Magnificent Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:36 am

That's the only way I get things done too, Blessed/Kathryn. I have a daily "timed" tasks and allow way more time than most any task actually takes. But every room is broken down into things like: clean off dining room table, coffee table, dishes, dish drainer, etc, etc, etc. It's amazing how quickly some tasks are marked off and how much is done by the end of the day.

Went over to see one of dneighbors. (the one with ovarian cancer). She was in remission but discovered about a month ago that it's back. Really short-lived remission. But she seems to be doing better this round for the most part.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:40 am

I am trying to get my mind pointing in the right direction this morning. I was awake around 7 a.m., then slept a little longer until dh called at 8:40 looking for his phone, which he had left at home this morning. At least he came home for it instead of asking me to bring it to him.

I've done some clean up here, cooked up oatmeal for the week, and caught up online around the internet but need to get busy soon. I'm still in pajamas. :oops:

We had a lovely weekend near Jax FL at the wedding. This was a long time friend of ours who has been a widower for several years - he was marrying the wife of one of his late golf partners, she is a widow - both in their 60s. Huge family, for which dh has been the financial adviser for many years - for groom, for sister of groom and her dh, elderly parents of groom, aunt of groom, adult children of groom, niece of groom and her dh, and some cousins. He was quite busy catching up with everyone and I had to remind him at least that he came with me. :lol: Oy, coming home yesterday was a long day. For some reason we weren't flying out until 4 p.m. - I don't know why dh made it so late - perhaps he thought he would visit some more - so we were 9 p.m. getting home. Flights were crowded, I felt over peopled, with too many people and noises. Wore earplugs while waiting for the first flight, a speaker was right over me blaring announcements and "news."

So I am getting a slow start today. We watched the hockey game last night also. so were up later than usual.

So:
-s2s
-call dmom's doc and see if they have received the forms, and ask what their time table is for completion once they receive
-unpack and sort laundry, and start a lol
-read material from assisted living place last week
-start a list for the week, list for the day, list for rest of the month?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 am

Good morning! The life insurance company STILL won't take my money. I called with my bank info and talked to a real person. I have a confirmation number. Why am I still listed as delinquent? Canadian Pharmacy called, I sent them to voice mail. I'll bet they would take my money. I'll bet they wouldn't STOP taking my money. I have a long list of stuff to do tonight, some of which won't take long. I STILL have to finish the MBR. I have been looking into Wet N Wild near El Paso for a weekend trip for DD15 and me. I can't really afford it, but it may not matter. There may not be a weekend available for me to take her there. The x has pretty much filled her summer up. If mom asks me what I want for my birthday, I will tell her about the trip. The hotel and water park may not be so bad, but we have to eat also. The nearby campsites are full up. It is a 3h 45m trip from my house, not a day trip.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 am

in trying to figure a plan of attack to do things I want to do this summer: I wrote a power boat instructor (a woman - very happy about that) to see if she would like to give me some lessons. I did pass my test a couple years ago but I know I can not rent a boat - even though they would rent to me. hoping she will take me.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:14 pm

I've finished making the bed.

Also showered and dressed. Hair is wet but twisted up so I can have a cool head today.

Dh is back from the movie.

I thought about taking a second vitamin C and realized I hadn't taken my first! I took a decongestant and allergy pill but not my vitamins. I usually take them with milk during my breakfast but wasn't hungry enough to have the milk so that subtle reminder, a milk glass in hand, didn't get triggered.

Maybe I'll feel stronger in a little bit.

At this point I'm pretty wiped out and the thought of folding the sheets from the dryer is overwhelming.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:31 pm

I am back from doing errands. Fed hens. Let dog out. Put away food. Had lunch.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:33 pm

i heard back from the motor boat teacher and we start at the end of june. Very excited. dd younger will join me which is even better. A little nervous bc it will be on lake michigan but I might as well learn in the hardest situation first before going on smaller lakes. dd younger wrote me and is just as thrilled.

waiting for d mom at dentist.

welcome back d nancy

d kathryn I am sure the shower felt good with being sick. I am so sorry you feel so wiped out. Those colds are nasty now.

hi d elizabeth - so frustrating. Is there a physical building you can go to?

hi d twins "get my mind pointing in the right direction this morning" can you do that for me?
I didn't know you can cook oatmeal for a week - I have to try that! So happy you had a lovely time at the wedding!

smart of you d dee... I loose track - I have sectioned timed written - I think I need to use a timer to keep me on task. Praying for your d neighbour!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Blessed, many years ago I was in your area and remember walking along the lake front. Very very pretty, and all those boats anchored out in the water. It sounds like fun.

Going to go visit Lucylee in her waiting room for a minute (thinking of you today). Then go by RRose's and offer some help.

Sure would be nice if we could actually do those things.

Lynlee, sometimes I don't get anything done in the house, but I try to come by anyway to see how everybody is doing.

I got my papers together and went down to tax collector/dmv office. Got a license tag for the truck and tried to renew my drivers license. Had tried the online system (state) but it wouldn't work for some reason. I took my identifying papers just in case. Good thing I did. When I last did that (2009) it was a state/county thing and then in 2010 Home land Sec urity passed their laws and I had to do it all over again. Had to go to another floor to get certified copy of my marriage certificate since my name is different from birth certificate.

After an hour wait, some time with the clerk, upstairs with another dept., back down to clerk again; whole thing took 2 1/2 hours. I'm glad I don't have to deal with all that for another 8 years.

I should do something here next.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:57 pm

I finally got my shower and got out of pajamas. I have my Bullet journal, such as it is, at least set up with activities, appts for the week. It sounds like the doc won't deal with dmom's medical forms until Thursday - haven't even received yet - so that would put her move off until the end of the week or maybe next week? I've started through forms and written down questions.

-refill meds containers
-water outside plants, can't tell whether he had rain or no
-lunch!
-sweep up kitchen floor - had a feta cheese spill earlier
-check the mail

I didn't know you can cook oatmeal for a week - I have to try that!
bw2, I use the steel cut oatmeal that is less processed and takes about 20 min to cook up, so I do six servings at a time, and store the rest in refrigerator. Reheating and adding a little water brings it right back to the right consistency - I am adding blueberries, walnuts and cinnamon right now.

Going to go visit Lucylee in her waiting room for a minute (thinking of you today). Then go by RRose's and offer some help.
Great idea, Harmony, I will drop in also!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:21 pm

"I can; I will"

Blessed - I like that!

Joining other SHE's in support of ((((Twins, LucyLee & RR)))) as they seek the best care for their DMom's

This morning went smoothly. Today is Day #1 of 4th grade homeschool with DS8. All that organizing and planning I have been doing made it super easy to do several lessons in multiple curriculums with minimum of effort on my part. YES!! After the 2 hours of homeschool lessons then I took DS8 to Art Camp. He was hesitant about it at first and wanted me to stay. It took him about 15 minutes to feel comfortable and tell me that he didn't need me to stay. YES! DS8 ate lunch at school with his friends and then they all spent 30 minutes on the playground.

My lunch today was a mix-match of items. Premier Protein Chocolate drink that I added to coffee and made into a ice coffee type slush. Humus & chips. Chicken & vegetable soup. All together they were only 6 points (I get 30 points a day). I am stuffed and totally satisfied.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”