we are all learners and teachers wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

we are all learners and teachers wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:10 am

It's wednesday: Happy Wednesday June 14, 2017

I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we're all teachers - if we're willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door.

How are you trusting yourself and your instincts to stay open to learning and taking risks today?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: we are all learners and teachers wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:22 am

good morning!

I lost yesterday to a headache but that's okay!

dd younger is off to work an hour ago. She only put on one application of sunscreen and she become burnt. :shock: a tough lesson to learn. she was outside from 7:30 to 5 pm in 95 degrees full sun.

I have been up since 5:00 am and I am trying to something outdoors before the heat builds.

wishing you all a wonderful day! :D

time for me to get started before the heat sets in.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:36 am

I will be off for a haircut in a few moments, afterwards have several errands plus getting groceries today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:36 am

I can't wait until I see your new spiffy hair cut d twins. have a wonderful day!!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:39 am

I'm being a good girl and updating my computer, both OS and my anti-virus. Although this is taking forever so I'm getting late.

We have to leave in less than an hour and I still haven't s2s or had breakfast. Instead, I've been sorting papers on my desk while watching my computer update so I can authorize the reboot the moment it asks. This is not an efficient use of my time.

I messed up on a money transfer yesterday so the money was not in our account this morning. Since we needed money fast, we ended up taking it from the business's US$ account, with dh doing a currency conversion and then we'll transfer the money into our personal account. From there it goes to Australian dollars so there will be two currency conversions with the additional fees. Sigh...

Off to s2s now. Or cook up breakfast. Not sure which.

I slept better yesterday although I still have my cough and am blowing my nose. At least my sense of optimism has returned.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:48 am

Optimism is definitely a result of 'learning', Kathryn.

I've been up since 7. Have a Dr's appointment at 10 with my Primary. Hope to have some answers or at least suggestions on: the swelling I'm having, my blood pressure and the new med I'm on for that, my diabetic meds since I have had consistent lows almost every morning since early March, my thyroid med if that should be increased, and also have to ask her about my cardiologist (trusting that the one I have is ok with their office). I've made a list to take with me to make sure I cover everything. Then I want to make an appointment to see my friend/diabetes educator regarding an alert device. We pretty well decided that since I'm alone so much at dd's and walking here, etc that I should probably be wearing one. Want one that will be good anywhere I go -they're not all that way. Know we covered that in balance class but I don't have the info. Wish me well at this visit.

Think I'll try to get the dishes done before I leave. Off I go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:48 am

Blessed - Great theme! Thank you!

I am processing the cause and effects of DS8 surge in Tourette's tics this week. We have learned the tics don't stay the same but comes in waves so I am hesitant on pointing a finger at the "blame" for this massive increase in tics. This week the tics have been so bad that DS8 is wearing a neck collar to support his neck because he neck is sore from the repetitive violent head jerking tic. We have started DS8 back on the Tourette's meds because the explosion in tics is worse than the side effect of the meds. He is also having to take Tylenol to ease the pain. Soooooo that leaves me wondering. He has been in school building (Art Camp) this week. Did that cause the explosion in tics or would it happened if he wasn't in a classroom? 

I have it burned into my memory bank what the Pediatric Neurologist told us "If he returns to a classroom environment, then you will most likely have to medicate him." But Art Camp isn't a typical sit-in-your-chair-and-be-quiet-all-the time classroom environment so I thought DS8 would be okay. But now I am wondering.....

Alarm just went off. Time to get going...
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 am

Optimism is definitely a result of 'learning', Kathryn.
love that!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:16 am

(((ds 8 ))) d lady. Hope the the ticks become less frequent. are ticks and anxiety related?

hi d dee good luck at dr. today.

hi d kathryn sorry you had problems with transferring money - glad your sense of optimism has returned.

HI d nancy glad you are your path!

hi d elizabeth!

ran to go walk in the woods but found I had to come back. I walked on the treadmill - so I am happy about that. :D

next laundry and french.

d mom is supposed to stop by and help me on my hoarding of photos to an organized adventure instead. A little at a time.

starting to loose focus
asked dh not to exaggerate when he told me stories - I needed to say it... he accepted it but lets see if he stops adding to stories to make them look bigger than they are. I dislike fibbing, for one (it makes my stomach hurt when I know someone is lying) , but dh begins to believe his stories as he gets older. He needed a gentle reminder! :(
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:17 am

I am learning a lot on this journey that I am currently on. Got another sign hung up at the rock trading area yea!

Return to “Post When You Can”