we are all learners and teachers wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: we are all learners and teachers wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Our doctor reports and tests, etc were getting so confusing that I just did about a dozen manila folders with each Dr's name on it. Put our papers in each file according to the Dr. For some reason I can't find any papers from dh's appointment with his cardiologist yesterday. I'm sure there were some on the counter along with 2 appointment cards (those I have thankfully). Found 3 more appointments for dh as I was going through these papers -for his orthopedist -2 are for post op visits. Then of course they'll all be mixed up again once they schedule his shoulder replacement. Have to go back to cardiologist tomorrow for an echo cardiogram for dh.

Just got a text from dd -she climbed to the summit of White Face Mountain today -sent pictures. Beautiful.

Have to find a birthday card for our neighbor, but dBailey isn't about to move away from the cabinet. I'll wait.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:11 pm

I am tired. I don't know whether I'll go up to the neighborhood pool for the "adult swim" night at 6 p.m. I had said I would but I'm dragging now. It's hot and humid and I don't know if I want to put on a swim suit in front of the neighbors. Dfriend M tried to tell me and I insisted it would be fun. :shock:

-finish putting away groceries
-turn on grill to do burgers
-make the bed (never did this morning)
-start a list for tomorrow
-what else?

At Target I got bed linens for dmom, a blanket, mattress protector (they require bed bug protection) mattress pad, towels, et al. At Lowes I found some zinnias for transplanting, since I didn't get much germination on my pack of seeds from last year. I enjoyed walking around Tar-jay, altho I managed to forget to get the makeup that dd asked me to pick up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:29 pm

I understand "dragging" in heat and humidity, Twins even if the payoff is a swim!

Balconies are done. I feel so much better. They are far, far, from perfect but look so much better to me when I glance out the window. I was sitting in the rocking chair for a spell but it got too hot in the sun so I finally came inside. I haven't wanted to sit out there just because there was so much to do to get things cleaned up.

Now to get into the routine of maintaining it. This is the first chance I've had to clean this year. Everything is about 6 weeks late this year due to the miserable April and May. Because we were away last week of May and first of June, there was no point getting plants until we were home. Then there was no point cleaning until the planting was done. Then we had 3 days of heavy rain, then 3 days of high heat. So it is just now that the weather is conducive to beating back the spider webs and washing off the dirt. I did the windows for the first balcony but dh did them for me on the second balcony. I'm covered in webs and feel like I have crawlies on me. I hope I don't.

Now to think about dinner. I never had lunch, just a small serving of airpopped popcorn and half a small piece of carrot cake. I'm starving. Dh is on the phone now. I'm not sure I have the strength to walk to dinner even if we were going out. We may have to use the car. There's a sale on at the chicken coop so maybe we'll drive there and then do the groceries on the way home. I'm already short steps for my weekly average and at this point I only have 3800 so a walk to a non-chain chicken place and then the grocery store would help me at least not fall further behind. Maybe I'll eat up the last of the salad while I wait for dh.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:40 pm

And ix-nay on the burgers. I forgot the buns that I bought at Tar-jay along with the printer paper. I paid for dmom's stuff separetly, and after paying for mine I didn't pick the bags up. And this morning at P ublix, I had hot dog buns in my cart instead of hamburger buns so I asked the cashier to put them back. It's not to meant to be. I'll make myself a sandwich. Dh has a dinner meeting and is out anyway, and kids can fend for themselves.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:43 pm

I helped hubby get the seats swapped out and the other one in the truck. Kid N us here now. I learned a lot just watching h work on that I had never seen the way they slide up and back.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:45 pm

hello hello

worked with cranky-ish mom on the photos and marking who the photos are - it takes a long long time. but at least I started with my photo hoard - many belong to d mom so I want to get them back to her and also print them larger for her. We worked at it for 3 hours. We will do it again next week.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:53 pm

hi d nancy great you and your dh got the seats swapped out.

hi d twins sorry - I honestly think the hamburger buns jumped out on their own. Those hamburger buns tend to be a little cheeky - sorry you couldn't have burgers tonight.

hi d kathryn glad you were able to sit in the rocker a bit (on that nice clean balcony) but sorry that it was so hot!

hi d dee wonderful for your dd!

hi d harriet - french expletives is right lol! :lol:
I found that! I love looking up different theories about play and learning and this came across.
yay for your dd getting a no fee checking account until she is 25!

waving hi to d sunny too

I am exhausted even though I have been working on photos and french all afternoon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:45 pm

For some reason I can't find any papers from dh's appointment with his cardiologist yesterday.
FOUND the REASON, but no papers. Reason is, they never gave him any. Good reason I couldn't find them. They did give him 2 appointment cards and a permission paper for his surgery.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:43 pm

I got my steps in for today and caught up for the weekly average.

Didn't get out for supper. Was just about to walk out the door (had decided on a diner and was looking forward to a hot turkey sandwich) when I realized I had Walking Club. So I had hamburg chowder from the freezer and sent dh to get himself Chinese. He ate his while I was walking. Then, after resting from that, we headed off to get the groceries. Last day of sale, so I brought home a banana and a rain check for the meat. Sigh...

Will try and think of something nice for dinner tomorrow. I haven't cooked properly since last Friday night.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:03 pm

Did hand print painted on rocks for kidN's parents. Baked cookues had puzza for dinner. Pay roll over. None tomorrow. Abc rocks w chalk was a hit.

Return to “Post When You Can”