Thinking Cap Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thinking Cap Thursday

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:18 am

Laundry is going. Sheets are in washer twins.
Some good news not using cane today. Knee is better but still somewhat sore.

I spiffed up the couch.
Sheets are back on the beds.
I pruned roses back by the deck. And arbor walk way.
Eggs have been collected.
Cool cloudy & 73* outside here.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:20 am

yay d nancy. spiffy laundry cleaning itself!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:34 am

Good morning all! I had some plans for this evening involving chores but I have thrown them out the window. The xBFF called me at 8 am. She never calls early, never. A mutual friend is in the hospital with a heart attack. I have tracked down her cell phone which got lost at a swimming pool in the confusion. New plans are to find visiting hours and take a load of books. I don't have many, because I get rid of them as soon as soon as they accumulate, but there are a few. Her son is taken care of already. In theory, a 17 yo takes care of himself and even helps his mom in these circumstances. I reality, he is hearing impaired, has Down syndrome, and probably will never drive.

The life insurance company still seems to have my money. I keep checking back, because they apparently had it a while back, then it vanished from their pages. Because it did not vanish from my bank account, it was not a huge problem. Of course, it is mid-June and the next set of premiums are due 1 July. Can I get money to them? Which of the three addresses I have been given is the right one? Paperwork is such a joy.

I suggest that Kathryn take a Sharpie marker to distinguish those unmarked cards. Not with names, but some key that only In-Canadas will understand.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:56 am

I am still lollygagging about with my headache, altho I have accomplished all on the last list except for s2s.

Movers set for Monday a.m. at dmom's. I have a load of laundry going with my whites, a set of her sheets and her new towels. Annnnnd, in other news, the "forgotten" items from Target yesterday were in my car after all. I must have been completely brain dead yesterday. :roll:

I talked to dh last night about adopting dmom's lab mix, Muffin, and he is not in favor of it to say the least. He did say something along the lines of "You're going to do what you want to anyway...." and I left it that I wanted him to think on it and we would talk again.

This time:
-s2s
-make bed
-reboot laundry to dryer
-desk clearing -10 items of pieces of paper gone
-and out the door I hope
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:26 pm

It's overcast out but at least a lot brighter. We have had just shy of an inch of rain this morning.

Dr's office called with my test results from yesterday. I'd already seen them on my phone at the cardiologist's office. Dr., as I suspected, was very pleased with my numbers (just kidney and thyroid right now). She also thanked me for giving her the copy of my labs done last month. She had requested them from Lakeland Regional and they gave her the results from January. It's like pulling teeth to get anything faxed to my doctors up here. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:47 pm

No rain yet Dee. Some clouds bit also sun. We just got out the sunscreen. We're off to the falls now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Have fun, Helia. I have a new passport (which I need to get into Canada) floating out there somewhere. My 'old' passport showed up about a week ago with a sticker marked "unable to forward" -of course not we're in NY now. But the one I need to go out of the country or on a cruise is among the missing.

Just finished putting up dh's meds for the next 16 days. I had to put my thinking cap on to complete that job. Now I'll put all his meds in a plastic bag to take to the hospital on Monday for his pre-op visit. (They insist on the bottles and not just a list -I rather understand that as probably many misquote what they're taking). Doctor's offices are normally glad for the list.

Neighbors are in the process of getting their old camper pulled out. They had a solid roof over the deck put on last year and that has to come off first. Quite a process! She has new boards to put under the new camper's wheels and several other things they've brought from home. Some are bins they'll just store in the new one (which is setting in the storage lot here). People down the road bought hers and have already sold their's. It's quite a game of musical chairs around here with people changing lots and or campers.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:45 pm

hi I prepared for my french class today - mostly organized, made an adjective cheat sheet and added more words to my cards

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:57 pm

hi d dee great job completing the job!

hi d helia!

hi d twins - that darn headache - I am telling it to go away.
I think if you felt brain dead yesterday it was probably bc a migraine was coming. (hope your dh comes back and you two can chat)

hi d elizabeth. praying for your d friend in hospital. I am glad your x friend called you to let you know. praying re: insurance company.

dishes are washing themselves, french homework done, lunch done, more laundry washing itself.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:13 pm

taking a break.

This morning accomplishments =
** AM personal
** Daily Swim pool maintenance plus brushing sides, adding phos-free.
** Breakfast for DS8 and DGD6
** Homeschool with DS8 for 2 hours
** DS8 delivered to Art Camp
** Smoothies made for DH & me
** Swept & mopped 8 rooms
** Picked up DS8 from camp
** DS8 and DGD6 to school to eat lunch with friends
** Home and I have both kids laying down. They don't have to sleep but they do have to rest. Then I'll take them swimming.

RE: DS8 Tourette tics. They do get worst when he is anxious. I've noticed the tics are constant when we are walking to a building, especially one that he isn't familiar with. Last night DS8 told me he has a new tic. This new tic jerks his head forward until his chin is on his chest and then turns his head to the right side. He is signed up for another camp next week. I'll leave the decision up to him whether he want to attend or pass. Although, once he makes his decision I will require him to follow through.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”