Thinking Cap Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Thinking Cap Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:49 am

Hmmm.... .. what are we thinking today...

Something quite remarkable, certainly.

Be sure to share - some may have trouble finding their caps today, and knowing you are out there pondering may be very reassuring.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Thinking Cap Thursday

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:14 am

I'm thinking I don't know where I took off my cross last night. I'm lost without it.

Just finished breakfast and am sipping my coffee. Need to find that cross though. Dh and I are leaving for the cardiologist in a few. (He's no longer dh's cardiologist but both of ours so guess I need to quit calling him "dh's cardiologist"). Sad but true but it is what it is and I'll deal with it. Really looking forward to this swelling going away, assuming that it is the meds that are causing it.

BBL. I need to do some serious straightening in here when I get back. Spent what time I was home yesterday organizing all the medical sheets into separate Dr. files. Now at least (she says hopefully) we can find a particular paper when we want/need it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:31 am

I feel like winnie the pooh, actually i look like Winnie the Pooh :D ... tapping my head "think, think, think" :D I have had many sidetracked thoughts (lack of focus-itis) so pondering and thinking this morning before I start my day is a good thing!!! thank you for my thinking cap today d harriet! I have it on! :D :D :D
thank you for starting us in such a great way!

hi d dee I hope you find your cross today and that swelling starts going down. My d mom has the same thing re swelling and they said it was her medicine too. I wonder why it does that. wishing the best day too.

going saturday with d sisters/brothers (dh's) on Saturday again... so much fun. We are seeing late night catechism and being catholic it should be funny. dh is going too (another miracle) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:53 am

I love winnie the pooh, and I can just see and hear him doing that, blessed.
(((Dee))) I hope the Dr. visit is helpful. Organizing medical papers sounds like a smart thinking thing to do!
Thanks for starting the thread, Harriet! What are you thinking today?

I'm up and sipping tea. The C family is up, of course. S is feeling significantly better, which is nice to see.

We're in Niagara Falls right now. I've never visited the Falls this side of the border. I think it is more built up this side!
It is also extremely touristy. There's some sort of monster/haunted house theme going on here which we can't really figure out in relation to giant waterfalls. Unless the falls are viewed as scary?

We're having a grand time vacationing in Canada! Our daily pattern is to sleep in, leave the airbnb around 11 a.m., go to a restaurant and eat brunch, do some sort of sightseeing activities, arrive back at the bnb in the late afternoon, chill for a while, and then go out to a restaurant for dinner. We're walking a lot, and Dh and I ran 2 mornings in Toronto. We're taking a break this morning. Still, with all the eating out, I can tell I'm gaining a little weight. That's OK; this is vacation. :) And I have to say, we have been extremely impressed by how knowledgeable the restaurants have been about celiac, especially in Toronto. Dd21 is able to eat well, and she doesn't think she's been "glutened" yet!

Yesterday, we walked along the path and saw both falls from a distance. It's very pretty. And VERY busy. Our airbnb is SO convenient to everything, and it's nice to have an entire house. After dinner last night, we rode the giant ferris wheel. The fireworks were starting just as our ride was ending. We saw a few while up in the air. Once off the wheel, we hurried down to the waterfront and saw more. Then, we ended our evening with ice cream. Tot J was beside herself with excitement much of the day!!

Today, we'll check out around 11, find brunch (S has already found a gluten free friendly restaurant), and then see the falls more up close and personal. We have passes that include 4 activities, but we probably won't do all of them. We'll definitely do the ferry and some activity/ies that will involve walking around the base of the falls and/or behind the falls. After we're done here, we're driving to Stratford. We have dinner reservations at 6. Then, S and Tot J will leave so they can catch a flight tomorrow afternoon for S' work.

I think I'm going to get myself through the shower before others wake up and need it. There are 2 bathrooms in this house, which is helpful.

I'm sure there will be a lot of great thinking happening here! Have a wonderful day!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:47 am

Rain in the forecast, hurts to get in the jeep w a twisted knee h was happy to take the jeep 2day. :mrgreen: put out. New rocks woke up at like at 4 ish song birds woke me. Paintec a few new rocks had to watch the troll movie for ideas lol!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:03 am

... tapping my head "think, think, think"

I'm with bw2. I woke up with an awful headache this morning and slept a little later hoping for it to go away. I have a long list going for today, perhaps it's all that's OMM congregating and flying about?

I realized last night that my Fitbit was dead - I see now that it had been since last Friday and I've worn it thinking it was tracking. I probably had a lot of steps yesterday!

I have decided I will need to miss the archives meeting today. I can't function with this headache at that level of activity. That leaves only picking up meals and seeing my dmom today, and all the other things on my list, including going back to Target to get the two bags I left there yesterday.

Just made appt to bring in forms to assisted living place tomorrow a.m. so that is in place. I need to call and see if I can line up moving assistance on Monday. Maybe move dmom on Monday also.

-s2s
-finish breakfast and take meds, + excedrin extra strength
-call about moving....hoping it all works out
-send email re: missing today's meeting, send scans of list of items I boxed when we last met
-clear kitchen counters
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:14 am

hi d helia and hi d nancy and d twins!!!

d helia have a wonderful time at the falls! how did you decide on that air bnb? I am planning a trip and I would love your insight.

hi d nancy oh sorry your knee is hurting today! hope you feel better!

hi d twins! I hope your headache goes away fast - nothing worse than headache dreams and waking up with one. no real rest happens. feel better! Wishing you the best with your d mom... I know how physically and emotionally difficult it is.

my plan (hopeful lol - I never know with headaches but the rain has come through so that should make today a non headache day) it is 90% humidity already - wow - I am not a humidity girl!
we had rain and thunderstorms last night and this morning but now their is sunshine!

hoping:
french teacher 3 pm
memorize some new adjectives

photo hoard: scan 1 hour, xerox stuff for d mom to write on for 1/2 hour ask dd younger if I can take the pictures I scan on put them on ancestry (as it's her account)

me: walk, heavyset yoga, shower, my laundry put away

dogs: brush make vet appointment

store: chemicals for pool, grocery store fruit, gym find out why they haven't called me in a nice way.

family: dinner

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:50 am

Twins: try a reset for your fitbit. I had the same issue on Monday. It just stopped working and wouldn't reset either even though it did accept a charge (but the screen wouldn't come on at all.) Tuesday morning, I tried to reset again and it was fine. And it has been fine ever since.

MF has been after me this morning. His two churches formally split yesterday and today the larger of the two is having a planning meeting. He'll work for them full-time for the next year while they work on a needs assessment. He wanted my bottom line price to preach up there. Now that it is one service, getting up and back in one day is easier but they've shifted the service ahead an hour so I will have to leave here really early (to build in emergency time along the road.)

The radiator filters get replaced today. Dh is on conference calls all morning. I have a sink of dirty dishes to do. I was reading an email when a call came in. Actually 2 calls. We are have two more singing gigs as well.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:06 am

Back from cardiologist. Asked why dh had no paper from there on Tuesday. Evidently they don't do a print out any more. Dh always got a summary of the visit so I'm confused. He won't know the result of his echo for a couple of days -after the Dr. reads it. Sure I'll be in for one when I go in 3 weeks.

Just as we got home the sky opened up. Wonder if Helia is getting these showers. That would really put a 'damper' on Niagara Falls visit. Poor dBailey has been like glue since it's thundering.

I really need to tidy this place up. I've been doing various paper work and things are all over. Doesn't take much to create a mess here.

D (cooking) friend just brought me a cream puff. He knows I like them but rarely eat one. Dh will eat it and I'll take just a small bite so I can say it was good! Took my 1/2 glipizide tablet last night and morning BS was 78 so much better. Got notice while in the Dr's office that my test results were in from yesterday. Looked at the creatinine level and it was down to 1.16. Dr. should be very happy with that (kidneys). It was 1.36 last fall and at 1.50 after kidneys failed -at last lab work. Then my TSH (thyroid) was only 3.6, also lowest it's been in years. Dr in FL had me taking an extra 50mcg on Saturdays but this Dr. told me she thought the 50 by itself should be fine. Sure she'll say that now. Those were the only things she had tested right now. She'll do everything in August.

Think I'll warm up my coffee left from this morning and start pulling things together here.

Edit: Aargghhh.....that coffee I warmed up? Well it was on the table near the edge and I tipped it over -adequately covering a stack of the new index cards I bought Tuesday. Just simply threw them in the trash -thankfully the whole pile wasn't there. Got all the appointment dates and with whom written on separate cards and are now on the front of the fridge (where we SHOULD see them). I only have the next 4 lined up and the rest of the cards clipped together hanging on the fridge. Will replace them one at a time, trying to stay at least a week ahead.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:16 am

we have the same thing here - my mother has specifically asked to have her info printed for her and mailed to her. everything is now on the computer which I understand but there has to be some allowances. Glad your blood sugar was better d dee.

so far dishes from dw emptied and refilled with what I have - I will turn it on this morning (it is 3/4 full) but then I have clean dishes for tonight.
kitchen counters put away done and clean
put away in family room done
a couple loads of laundry folded but not put away
(dh put the laundry on the dining room table without folding last night or put away - he was really tired - he slept until 9:15 which is unusually late for him)
washing a load of darks
dining room paper straighten up from picture hoard work.

I am trying to figure out what my out of my comfort zone activity will be today. I have no idea but I think I know internally somewhere what it will be.

I have to get working before I get sucked into the internet black hole and loose whatever concentration I have. ;) 8-)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”