FINDING FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FINDING FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:59 am

Happy to see that Kathryn was given the 'found' earring. What are you finding today? I'm finding I can't sleep much past 5am, if that. I finally got up a little after 6. Dh has taken a load of laundry down to put in the washer twin for me. In fact it's just about time to go put it in the dryer twin. By then it'll be time for me to be able to take my meds and have breakfast. Since the Dr. put me on a 1/2 pill (glipizide) at dinner, I'm finding that my BS is much better in the morning (of course I only have 2 days to figure so far), but it was 78 yesterday a.m. and 76 this morning. I'm much happier with that and feel good. Hoping that the swelling will start dissipating with time. Imagine the Blood pressure med I was on will take some time to get out of my system. But I'm hopeful.

Have to go switch that laundry in case anyone comes soon to start theirs.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: FINDING FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:24 am

Got down there and there was 6 minutes left on the washer so just paced the laundry room -managed to get a little over 500 steps in -it's a start.

The guys have already started the process of removing the solid roof next door. Felt bad for friend as they removed the caulking yesterday. She came in to find her cupboards and counters on that side loaded with water. It poured here earlier and then again toward evening. Have no idea what she'll find today when she comes out. This RV has already been sold and she took the new owner in last night to show him what's happening. Hoping the deal doesn't fall through for them. They have a new RV coming and the new people have already sold their present one as well.

Expect dd to be back by 4ish today. Sounds like they've had a really good time up around Whiteface Mountain. Wish I felt up to doing those things with her. Didn't even make it to Disney this year. Maybe this fall. Have an annual pass that I have yet to activate since the end of last year.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am

Stepped outsude found the smell of a skunk in the air gag so the dog peed fast! Back in sipped coffee. BS is awesome. Rain today here it is cool.90* on Mon.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 am

Glad your BS is awesome, Nancy. Know how hard it gets to control sometimes. If mine stays in the 70's-80's in the a.m. I'll be happy. Think the Dr. will too. 50's & 60's are just too low. Couple of times in the night it went into the 40's. Uh-uh! Not good.

The laundry is done -well I do have to put just a few things away. Put the 'winter' sheets/cases together to go under our bed for summer storage. They'll come back out toward the end of September probably.

Am sort of looking forward to dd being back this afternoon. DBailey is an excellent dog but in an RV there's just not a lot of room for a large dog -especially when she doesn't want to move. I'll be able to clean and not worry about tripping. Have no idea how some people do it with 2 and 3 large dogs in an RV. We do have some here. Can't imagine how they move at all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:58 am

Gotta get movin' this morning.

-breakfast/meds
-straighten for dcleaning lady
-get dressed, brush teeth etc, will s2s before we go to temple tonight
-gather forms for assisted living for 1 a.m. appt, figure out what I haven't finished :roll:
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:18 am

It is failure Friday for me.

I'm a wreck.

Had an awful night's sleep. The major thing I did different was decide not to use Vicks so put that on at 3:30. Got to sleep just after 4 and was woken at 6:10 by the telephone. A fraud scam saying our credit card was compromised. Dh took the call in the bedroom and didn't miss a beat. He asked what the last 4 digits of the card were. Mumbled reply. Then he asked to hear it clearly and the guy gave 4 numbers and hung up when dh said it didn't match any of our card numbers.

That's the second call on that line (our emergency backup phone line plus for the front door) about credit card problems in the past 12 hours. Sigh.... Oh, and that number is on the do not call list. One of these day I swear I'm going to book a duct cleaning just to get my number off their list. I feel like if I waste their time they'll get the message.

I also pulled a muscle in my side from coughing last night so I hurt all the time now.

Weird thing, my coughing was way less all evening and I was on the couch just out of an abundance of caution.

Then, when I went to get up, I reached for the leaver for the footrest and knocked the side table. My water bottle fell. The lid popped off and 24 oz of water went all over. Dh couldn't hear me so I was struggling to get up with the footrest up, and rush for towels. There are 3 power bars there and it includes the electrical for all our internet and phone systems. Thankfully the main power block is elevated but we had to move everything including the couch into the middle of the room. So deep cleaning that part of the living room and moving furniture back is on my to-do list suddenly.

Oh, an my desk is also out of commission because the furniture is moved in front of that.

I just canceled my church service on Sunday. Even if I'm better by then, I'm not in any shape to write a service (I'm just sitting here crying) and dh is getting sicker as each day goes by. I felt bad exposing them last week. This week will be worse with both of us sick.

I had to refill the vitamins which meant opening a new bottle of multivitamins. Dropped it.

Finally finished the vitamin refill and sat down to have my tea. The mug was on the place mat. I started to fall as I sat down so grabbed the table for security, the mat slipped and the sloshed all over the table and me.

I'd go back to bed but there's no point. I cough hardly at all if I'm up. So I have to just keep moving.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 am

((Kathryn)) ((Ken in Canada)) Bad old no-account cold! stomping feet with you two. :x

Dee, as I read your title I was thinking of finding the day of Friday. ( lol ) I was thinking, I'm so sure I was ready with Friday... now where did I put Friday... .. It's bound to be here, somewhere.

Actually cooking around here this a.m. so not much time to post.

I wanted to thank Nancy for a smile this a.m. - wise dog for hurrying this morning. Sometimes, with outdoor activities, you just see how efficient you can be and get back in the house.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:46 am

good morning dear ones!

d harriet happy cooking!!! sounds like you are having the same moment as myself...finding friday is more what am here after.
d kathryn and mr. kathryn I know you two are wonderful people but I think that virus has to stop liking your so much.
d twins could you tell my body to moving as well 8-)
d nancy glad your bs is great today
d dee - totally understand about big dogs being in the way... Our dogs seem to be wherever we are lol - oh no about your d friends home. praying that you will be able to go to disney this fall.

Happy finding friday everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:58 am

out of comfort zone yesterday workout.

french was really hard yesterday - I didn't know many of the words as she moved on to verbs and used some french high school french IV work sheets - I grasped most of it but without having the time to look up the words it was really hard and above my range. My brain hurt 8-) I am sure she is trying to figure out where I am in the learning process. she doesn't want to teach me passe compose as she says that it is more advance but I keep coming across it. I think I will have to do a little research on my own. I am missing some steps in learning adjectives and I want to stay in that area until I get a good grasp of it. I will say it was a good challenge.

big job today: putting away all the laundry
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:18 am

Alrighty! Evidently dneighbor did 'find' someone to pull their RV out. A truck is backing up to it as I type. Neighbor on other side and another friend removed the hard roof from over the deck this morning. This means their new RV will be in there before too long. Know they're putting down new boards for the RV wheels to go up on. Think the truck belongs to the guy who bought this RV -and he'll have to move his to put this one in and then will move the new one here. Know dneighbor is going to be oh so glad to have this done -especially after all the rain last night. This has not been a very easy process for them.

Oh, dear Kathryn, was so hoping you'd be better by today. And now dh too? And all the conundrum on top of not feeling well. Know I have to be real careful now of picking anything up (virus/infection etc I mean). Well, physically picking up too I guess.

Return to “Post When You Can”