Stimulating Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Stimulating Saturday

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Had to leave grad party early bc idot people dp not know how to aproach a dog or leave one sleeping alone. To much stimulation anyway. Enjoying the peace and quiet here at home #d2 Dgd is going to live with her dad and go to school here next 2 yrs yea. She has a job here Her mom does not have room any way. Lovely 82* here outside. I need a plan for dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:30 pm

I closed the windows and then we noticed how hot and humid it is so put the a/c on in the bedroom to cool it down so we can sleep.

Dh is heading to bed now. I think I'll join him.

My refugee friend is now off to bed. We were messenging each other. It is 3:30 a.m. in Riyhad but they work in the cooler evening/night during Ramadan in order to make it easier to avoid needing water. I can't even imagine. He is a mechanic specializing in German cars so I will contact one of ds's friends who works at a BMW dealership to find out what Canadian education he'll need to get a job here. I sent him the link to the college course that is part of the apprenticeship program but to take that he needs to have a job in a garage. So it is a catch 22, he can't work in Canada as a mechanic until he has Canadian credentials but he can't get Canadian credentials until he has a job in a garage. (This is where sponsored refugees do better since they have a Canadian support group and someone will know someone who'll know someone who can help get him a job.

NFD got his first job through a friend of one of our committee.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:36 pm

the play was really fun. we came home right after as dh was a bit exhausted.

good night d kathryn
good night d nancy
good night d lady

good night dear everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Pretty stimulating day here. We enjoyed the festival and dgs was well-behaved for the most part all day long.

Talked to dmom and she sounded like she was doing well too. Doctor is talking about taking the chest tube out soon. That's good news... but if I have to be there when she is transferred to rehab, I certainly hope it is not Wed or Fri bc we're going to have the dgrands all day those days.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:11 am

so happy they are going to remove the drain tube on your d mom d lucy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”