Father's Day PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Father's Day PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:05 pm

DD cookout for DH was canceled due to rain. I think she would have cooked in the rain, but I suggested that we do it on a day it wasn't raining and she agreed. DH was looking for a reason to get out of it so he was relieved. *sigh*

I worked on the menu plan for the week. It took me hours to do it. Planning the menu was easy. But then I did detailed calculations of matching Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack smart points, calories, protein, vegetable, and fruits to total up to my daily goals. I am hopeful the next time it won't take so long. The good news is, if I stick with the menu plan then I don't have to log my food in MFP or the WW app.

DS8 fell and put a gash in his chest. It wasn't deep and doesn't need stitches but I'm sure it was painful. He was so pleased with himself that he didn't cry. He declared that crying is what babies do. I want him to cry when he needs to so it was a weird conversation telling him it was okay to cry. He declared himself tough and he could handle the pain and blood. Who is this child? Hum.........he must be growing up.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:20 pm

LadyM I do not like the sight of blood it scares me.
Dinner is done. Hens are in for the nite. we stayed home and rested up a quiet day.
Watchinv a new show on now.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:24 pm

:D I loved the story about dgs, Kathryn! It would be interesting to see if he acts the same way with you or if it's a guy-thing.

Oh -- speaking of funny stories -- this made us LOL.
Yesterday at the festival, as dgs walked over to ds, who was talking to a man he knew, the man said, "I see you brought the boss with you, didn't you?"
DGS piped up, "No, she stayed at home."
* sigh * Guess dgs knows who gets the final say in that house, right?

Dmom is still doing well -- MAYBE the chest tube will come out tomorrow. MAYBE back to our hometown hospital for rehab Tuesday.
I hope so b/c Wed & Fri are all day long Nana duty for me... and dh isn't feeling well, so he won't be much help.

Waving to all!
Dh wants computer...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”