Maneuvers Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Maneuvers Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:08 pm

hi d lucy... I didn't mean to miss saying hi to you. Hi!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 pm

I need to clean up dinner now. I headed off right after eating for walking club. Then went to the RA locker and got out the napkins and cups for Wednesday night. I will need to buy forks and plates. At least I know that now.

After I get the kitchen cleaned up, I'm going downstairs to put up more signs. The curmudgeon in the building has taken down the signs we put up aside from in the glass front bulletin board. But people don't check that daily. I'm so frustrated that the only place I can put up signs in this (the biggest) building is there because one tenant takes down every sign anyone else puts up. People can't put for-sale signs up when moving, or anything, he takes it all down. We have yet to figure out who it is but think he must have a dog because he's quick to pull down signs so he comes and go frequently. If he was doing that without a dog, we'd notice him. Sometimes I've put signs up 3 times in a hour only to have him remove them.

Maybe tomorrow I'll put one up near the lobby and keep an eye out for him to take it down and confront him. I can't imagine hating one's neighbours so much that you want them to not have anything nice.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 pm

LadyM, if your insurance pays for 1 person flight, what happens to the parent who wants to accompany the patient? Do they drive and get to the hospital hours after the patient gets there? Doesn't sound like a good plan to me. You are very pro-active thinking about this.

TwinsMom, wondering how your DMother made the change to her living place today.

(blessedw2) Don't worry, be happy! Yeah, always hated that song. Feelings are difficult sometimes.

Eliz, glad to read DD is feeling better. I hate the space bottled water takes up. And the fact that it expires, and I know it is the plastic degrading, not the water going bad. We are stocked up for hurricane season.

Which, speaking of hurricane season, we've had a couple grey days and a lot of rain, thanks to all that slop out in the lower Gulf. We are supposed to have a couple days of windy weather as this storm travels up the Gulf. At least it isn't a hurricane.

Computer is back fixed, and just like I thought it was the program DH put in it. Computer lady was :shock: about how big that program was. I had asked her if she thought that was the problem and she said NO or I'd have done it myself and saved us the whole 3 days without a computer.

I had a sticky shift key for a couple years and had to mash it down to get it to work, very annoying, so we switched to a new one when we had everything apart. It has a new feel but seems to be working nicely.

Best thing about all this is when I thought the computer was dying, I went and talked with some people and actually made a plan (in my head) and picked out a whole new set. DH and I have decided sometime we'll get another set and each have our own, as long as this one works, that is.

Got a lot of stuff done in the house and in the office and outside. I did a big clean back here while all the equipment was gone. Do you believe we actually wore out the finish on our keyboard platform? Lotta work been done back here. Today I pulled up and tied up the big overgrown passion fruit vine on our entry arbor because it was hanging so we couldn't even walk underneath it any more. And we've decided we don't like the passion fruit so we give it all to our neighbor!

Ok, it's nice to be back, hello to everybody.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:36 am

Off at nine. Got to see dgd for a bit this evening.

Return to “Post When You Can”