TACKLING TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: TACKLING TUESDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:35 pm

I've been working on my homework for the ongoing professional genealogy program I'm doing. Needs to be turned in on Sunday, and we have a wedding to go to in the daytime on Saturday, so I probably need it completed on Friday. OTOH, I don't have appts or other commitments outside the house on Thursday - Friday, except for checking in with dmom and going to the rehearsal dinner on Friday evening.

I am watching a genealogy webinar at 8 p.m.

Might take meds and do a couple of things toward p.m. routine in search of an early bedtime.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:01 pm

I just realized there are several SHE's increasing their knowledge by doing a focused study and/or enrolled in a class.

Blessed - French
Twins - Genealogy
Harriet - Nutrition plus
Who did I miss?

All that dread for a .2 lb gain at WW. I held my nose when I stepped on the scale. I knew it was going to be a stinky weigh-in. They were laughing at my silliness. Although it turned out to not be a huge gain, it did break my 6-week weight loss streak. OHssss well. Now I start my streak again.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:10 pm

It's good to see everyone here today, especially glad that Harmony and Lucy have posted and Lynlee yesterday! I haven't posted much lately myself, but try to keep cuop. And I've been missing the others who haven't been here recently.

((LadyM)), evenings are the worst times for me with eating also. Oh, and I'm glad your ins. co. covers the air lift. What a big relief for you!
Twins', I'm glad the move with your dmom went well.
Blessed, I enjoyed all the links you posted, thank you!
Nancy, I'm glad you are better and not needing your cane now.
Hello to everyone!

We've been watching the progress of the storms in the Gulf. It has been humid and mostly gray skies for a few days now and we've had rain with thunder every day. I did replant a few impatiens that were growing in the lawn to the mailbox planter and I used the shovel to dig up some overgrown weeds in the back yard. Ds came on Saturday and mowed and trimmed the front yard; it looks really nice now with the grass green again. The back yard needs cut now, the grass is getting pretty high in some places.

Speaking of computers and phones ---- my cell phone has been having a hissy fit lately; phone calls aren't always clear and text messages can't be sent and /or received. I'm also having trouble with the charger cord being loose enough not the make the connection to charge. Dh's phone quick working about a month ago!

Thank you again for the anniversary wishes; (dh says thank you, also!). He and I went out yesterday to pick up an rx refill for him and we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. That covered Mother's Day, Father's Day and our anniversary! After we ate we had a walk around the gift shop; it was a very nice time out for the two of us.

Well, it's dark out now and sounds like dh is getting ready to retire for the evening, locking the door, lights out and letting dMinnie out. I'm going to log our food for the day and follow him. Have a good evening everyone!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Election results are clear enough that I'll go to sleep. Will listen to analysis in the morning.

We did groceries and went to buy the stool for dgs but the stools were sold out. It is a second hand store but there were a stack of them just yesterday afternoon.

Had leftover pizza for dinner because that's what dh suggested. He still has no taste-buds or appetite so he only ate half of his.

I made up rice krispie squares with maple flavoured marshmallows (a Canada 150 new food at our grocery store) so have one dessert in hand for tomorrow. I think I'll do a cheesecake as well. Looking for an easy recipe to do. I don't have any chocolate chips so my fancy one is out unless I walk over early in the morning and buy some. Not impossible. That will use up two ingredients that need using up so will probably do that. It will also be halal which means I can send some home with any muslims that show up (its Ramadan so they can't eat during the event.)

Sigh... my fitbit won't sync without being in the charger. I put it in the charger to sync and then walked over to the all the buildings and put up signs plus worked in the kitchen. Missed counting all those steps. Grrrrr.

I got a $10 off coupon for Staples and have the items I want still in the cart so will use that later this week so I'm home when they arrive next week. If I order them tomorrow, there's a chance they'll come while I'm away.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:42 pm

My food binges are usually in the evenings too. I get especially bad the day after I've lost some weight, and I really think it's my body saying no to starvation and yes to calories. Well, that's my excuse anyway. Tonight I had a banana.

Speaking of food, spent 2 1/2 hours cooking in the kitchen this afternoon. I had a 13 lb. turkey in the freezer and got tired of the space it took up so I baked that. It was one of those in-the-bag ones and was a royal pain to get OUT of the bag when hot and juicy.... you know where all that juice went... so after I mopped floors and wiped counters and stove top and cut up all that turkey and put some in the freezer; and then made the gravy; and wrapped up the bones for soup someday....wheeeee I was done!

DH came home at 8 and ate and we took off again to go pick up our SUV. Long ride out in the country in a heavy downpour which was really really bad. Car is awesome. Our friend owed us a tiny bit from the finish of his house and said we'd just call the mechanical work and that even. :o I was just flabbergasted and about in tears all the way home from his kindness. Speaking with DH about it, though, he pointed out that our friend knows he got a really good deal on his new house, even in the end adding on a pump house building. So I shouldn't feel bad, but I'm really just blown away.

The new plugs and wires has taken care of the hesitation and uneven shifting it has been doing for so many years. It drives like a brand new vehicle. Course, he did point out the bad tire and the brakes :roll: which we'll be fixing soon.

Sunny, so sorry about your phone problems. Now I know why you didn't answer my text the other day! :lol:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:57 pm

LadyM, add helia - Hebrew

sent the Buttercup singalong video to all children and in-law children today, along with HRH.

"the bane of my existence report" - Elizabeth
Elizabeth, sorry it drives you quite so crazy. I, too, worked on my own bane of existence monthly report today and wanted so much to get it sent before 11:00 p.m. but it was a couple minutes late. HRH wanted to know if I was scared I was going to wake people up ... ha, ha. :| No, just would rather not have any discussion about the difficulties of it, and a late hour
might give that away.

LadyM, happy to hear you had good insurance news.

Harmony it really does sound like some one appreciated you two - good for them.

Phone trouble chat - we still have only the temporary line lying across our lawn from so long ago I don't even know. We know it is completely inexcusable, but a few months ago when all this started, we were without reliable phone and internet for a week, so we are planning a time to call and remind them when we can stand an outage, assuming they'll make as big a mess of it all again. Until a few days ago, we thought our neighbor continued to have the same trouble, but now learn that his has been done and their installers just drove away right past us, even though our twin complaints were made together, in person, to the supposed supervisor when he was out here making mistakes the last time. Sigh. This is A T and T in case anyone doesn't know yet who has been so shoddy - the company whose representative told me they'd been trying to call me to set up an appt for the line OUTDOORS for my DISCONNECTED phone, and it wasn't their fault I didn't answer (and use telepathy to make their appt to visit the great out of doors, I guess). :|

Return to “Post When You Can”