summertime - the best of what might be Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: summertime - the best of what might be Wednesday

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:38 am

I did the morning stuff. Walked ddog to corner. Walking stick day today, a bit sore. This is my Fri. :mrgreen: took rocks to the trading post & a couple of other things... spiffed up the bathroom it is my focus room.
Have a great summer!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:55 am

I just checked on v-8 for dh as we're going to Spencerport a while after lunchtime. Need to go to the credit union, get gas the $ Store, and grocery store. Found a coupon for $.75 off two v-8 and they're on sale at this store. Will probably pick up 6. Have to repay neighbor one and the other 5 for dh. He's drinking quite a bit now.

DD and dgs4 are here. She ended up with him again today after she went to learn the new piece of equipment. DDIL was helping plant for DS-A and had taken dgs with her. That would be a little tough out in the great outdoors and trying to keep him by her.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Ran into someone from the RA on my way to the store so she gave me money to buy fruit for tonight and also gave me a ride to the store.

Did the shopping and got home and started the cheesecake. Also had a long phone talk with my childhood best friend while getting all the ingredients ready.

Cheesecake is in the oven baking.

I still want to make up peanut butter squares and then I'll be done baking. I need to use up the peanut butter but if I run out time/energy, I'll skip that. I'll have dessert for 20 confirmed so even if no-one else brings anythings we'll be fine.

The kitchen is a disaster so that is next on my to-do list. I was just having a bit of a break while the cheesecake was in the oven.

Sad thing - I put the bowl and beater in the sink because of lack of counter space. I had meant to scrape it and eat it, but then I had to wash my hands! That will be 200 calories less today so I should be happy!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Home from rounds. Took about an hour with the VA guy and he has filled out the assistance form online. I need to get the doc's form and the facility's form back to him now. I picked up the doc's form after the meeting - they called 50 minutes before the meeting to say it was ready. Also got a call from "Vet to go" that they had faxed dMuffin's records to my vet's office. I got groceries and fielded three more calls while doing so - dh calling to say he would be out for dinner, dd calling about doing the sleepover at the church with homeless families in the program, and assisted living facility calling because dMom couldn't find her purse and was anxious that it had been stolen. I reassured them that I have it - she gets fixed on something like this and just can't give it up.

I need to put groceries away next - I am feeling worn out and headachy. The guy who was coming at one to pressure wash also texted that he would be here closer to 2 p.m.

I go days without my cell phone ringing....

-put away groceries
-lunch
-reboot laundry (I had started a load earlier)
-water orchids
-maybe read the paper, I need downtime!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Ha! Take that! Bane of my existence report problems have been determined and are now getting solved. Duplicate rows were being inserted into an order item table. Guess what? If you sum on quantities and you have extra rows, your quantities will be too large. Adios duplicate rows! Now I will return to rolling back warehouses.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:41 pm

I had a wonderful night sleep last night without waking up a single time. That almost never happens.

Homeschool Day #8 was going well until we had 3 sets of people drop by. One group after another. DS8 completed 11 lessons today so I'm calling it good nuf.

I took DS8 to school to eat lunch with his friends. Yesterday the school lunch program had 157 kids show up to eat! They ran out of food that was on the menu and had to substitute. The entire school (14 grades) only has about 300 kids so it is surprising that half of them came to eat lunch.

I have been focusing on daily maintenance in all areas of my life. It is so easy to stay up with things if a little is done every day.

DH is preaching tonight so I'll go to church to support him.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Thanks for the seasonal wishes!

Hi, Cathy

Waving to Norma and Lilac, checking on us.

Today was trash and recycling day. Although I did a great job of the recycling chores, I missed the ultra-early trash guys with any extra beyond what had been out there yesterday. Sigh. Thunderstorm kept me from getting anything done last evening.

Deep Desk Day report -
Stamps ordered from USPS site - (btw interesting new stamps are there or planned for July)
The Bane of Existence Report was sent last evening. No response so far, but it was ahead of the meeting it needed to precede (not that I'd be invited, but I don't want to hear complaints) and quite a relief.
Another push this a.m. so a lot's off my mind or even traveling with mail carrier.
Plan in place for remainder of month for personally delivered items and payroll.
Nagging phone call still unreturned. Sigh. I think I'll try a nagging email.

Okay, long time passed since then - I did get a call back after email and talked forever. yipes.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:28 pm

I am still tired and headachy - the guy is here now pressure front porch, back porch and driveway. He is a talker. :shock:

I am lying down for 30 minutes, after taking an Advil. Still need to see dmom later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Happy Summertime, Blessed! When I think of the word 'summertime', I picture the house where my dsister and I grew up and all the things we used to do with the neighborhood children!

It is still overcast here today and very humid to go along with it. We may have a thunderstorm later this afternoon.

Our plans for this summer include working toward selling our house and moving to be with our ds#3 and family. We shall see how that goes!

For now I have done daily routine and mid-week cleaning. A load of laundry should be ready for the dryer, so that's next. I think ds#2 will be here today after work. Waving hello to everyone.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm

I laid down for about 30 minutes but didn't sleep, then piddled a bit and then went to see dmom. Very weird, confusing for her, I guess. She had told the ladies at lunch that her son died last night - perhaps because he doesn't live with her anymore?

The pressure washer guy did a good job - did porches, driveway, sidewalks, gutters that were discolored and some other areas.

I'm procrastinating on working on genealogy assignments. "I work better under pressure," said the tax accountant.

Return to “Post When You Can”