TABLETOP THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TABLETOP THURSDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:23 am

There is a kids' book called Jonathan Cleaned Up and Then He Heard a Sound by Robert Munsch

https://www.amazon.ca/Jonathan-Cleaned- ... 0920236219

I'm not at the clean up part but my apartment resembled the mess the crowd bring in this morning. Before I could s2s there was a knock on the door. It was the repair men for the dryer duct. Dh was in the office on a conference call with the doors shut (thankfully) so I brought them through the living room/dining room and kitchen to the laundry room. Only the kitchen was presentable - the laundry room had piles of recycle to go out piled on the freezer.

Then, while they were there, in comes ds.

They leave (the vent is quiet now, they found the broken part) and dh was off his call so we were looking up what colour dsil's suit would be (ds is trying to coordinate us all so our family shots will look wonderful) and another knock on the door. In comes a neighbour.

I'm beyond caring at this point. Still in my dressing gown (quite nice 1940's style - something Kate Hepburn would wear) and fur trimmed moccasins (not something Kate would have worn with that dressing gown!)

Anyway, neighbour came and went (he's used to me being in my gown!) and dh went back for another call. Ds started his laundry while I had my breakfast and has headed off to do errands. I flipped it for him after my shower and have started my own laundry.

I'm doing a pedicure and quicky manicure for the weekend. I just use matte clear polish on my fingers so they have a bit of shine and look healthy. Toe nails will be red since this should last to mid July and I'll need red for Canada Day.

I'm in a proper business dress now but of course my feet are bare with toe dividers on them so not much better than the slippers! And hair is wet but pulled back in a chignon-style for the time being until my nails are try enough to dry and style it properly.

Tried on an outfit for the Sunday reception and have nixed it so will be trying on more outfits later today. Something casual but dressy. Actually, probably a red shirt with my white/black skirt, black sandals and my red hat will be fine. Red shirt is in the wash now.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:35 am

Good morning! Tabletops? Hmmm, need improvement. I have two kitchen tables, both cluttered right now. There is a coffee table completely buried under a sewing project. I will work on those tonight. The sewing room tables (and the sewing room in general) are practically beyond help. If time, I will try to do something there. Just working on the dog beds will remove some of the clutter. Speaking of clutter, I have a beautiful left hand closet. I got rid of several work day clothing items. I didn't need THAT many! Even cleaned the floor.

I measured the MBR and its furnishings so I can reconfigure it. I have an idea of how it would be better laid out. LOLs done and almost put away. Decent dinner eaten. After everything was done, I watched one of the videos I need to return. I started off liking the Father Brown series, but it is very serious, so I am not as happy with it now. Not sure if I will finish the season. We had health screenings at payroll today, so I did that and passed. More problems with the bane of my existence report. It is showing a distribution of 24000 cans of beef stew from a warehouse that has no beef stew! Needless to say the ending inventory of -24000 is not beef stew, but baloney.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:38 am

You don't need an alarm clock with your ddogs around, blessed!
Sunny is moving?
That is hard when you have to have papers spread out for work, Harmony.
I think our kids enjoyed Robert Munsch books, Kathryn! We heard lots about Canada's 150th anniversary while on our trip last week!
Have you gone on your Hawaii trip yet, Elizabeth? Did I miss it?

We saw Treasure Island in Stratford. I sounded a bit more critical than I meant earlier. The play was actually very well done! It had some modern jokes thrown in that were very funny, and it was extremely engaging for the children with some audience participation. They creatively worked in many women roles among the pirates. However, some of the acting was weak in spots, and it was hard to follow the story line in places. They also put it in a frame, which I thought didn't really work. I believe the book is not a frame story. It was a good thing Tot J wasn't there b/c it would have likely been too scary for her -- which was what I was trying to tell everyone when I was originally booking the tickets. I was trying to go for the HMS Pinafore, which I think Tot J would have loved (she's very musical), but everyone wanted to see this one instead, especially since it was billed for children and was an afternoon show vs an evening show. However, I do wonder how many of us had actually read the book and knew the dark parts? I know ds and I have. . . .

OK, you're all probably tired of hearing about plays now. LOL!

I did my jog. A shower and lunch are next.

Tabletops: our dining room table was cleared and wiped off last night. It's in good shape. However, our coffee table is piled with papers, magazines, notebooks, books, etc. It could use some help.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:55 am

I have been focusing on daily maintenance in all areas of my life. It is so easy to stay up with things if a little is done every day.

Yes, this is quite true! Some mornings I get to look around my house and realize that I left things in good shape the day before.

Tabletops. Well, may I add counter tops? I've been working on my Pro Gen homework - the first part was educational assessment and planning, and the second is cataloging books. I've been hauling books from the bookcases and from upstairs to enter. I'm using "A Library Thing" https://www.librarything.com/home

-----------------------------

And this post sat here awhile and I finished the library assignment, except for putting books away! Helpful assignment in that I have books all over the house and some I had forgotten about. Now just to finish the educational assessment and plan. :roll:

I'm still in jammies. Dd and I were going to go for pedicures (and a mani for me) this morning but she begged off and we'll go tomorrow a.m. The rain has started here; supposed to rain right on into the weekend from the Gulf storm.

I need to get busy with other things next. We're supposed to have the weekly "Mix and Mingle" tonight at the pool, but I'll skip considering the rain is coming down.

Ahhhhh! Just rec'd email that my recycle bin has been replaced at the street, I need to get the bin in, out of the rain and sort the garage out and get accumulated recycling into the new bin.

-figure out how to upload the library assignment so that's done
-s2s
-start a load of laundry
-make the bed
-take a load of books upstairs
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm

old pump/filter is at the front for trash day tomorrow - new pump should be here tomorrow
tossed things that should have been tossed awhile back
dh and I now have a list for outside work - we will talk about it later.

next change and head out for errands
maybe walk at gym

I need to do something out of my comfort zone - doesn't have to be big.
I am thinking of using the basket ball net out in front... it will give the kiddos in the neighbourhood a giggle

I think I am driving dh crazy - I was listening to Georg Philipp Telemann and I could see him wincing 8-) poor guy. :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:19 pm

d twins
neat site
have a great day

hi d helia so true about d dogs lol.
gosh no - I love plays - please please talk about them... so fun to hear!
Yay on jog

hi d elizabeth

hi d kathryn your dressing gown looks lovely!!!

hi d nancy happy table top cleaning

hi all. Heading out now. Have a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Aaaaand I need to peel my tushie off this seat. I added several more books.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Fingernails are to the point where I should be able to use them. Toe nails are on the "30 minutes for the top coat to dry" round. Then I will put on shoes.

I guess next up is to dry and style my hair. Dh has decided to go to the clinic because he's started coughing up strangely coloured phlegm He figures 36 hours on antibiotics will help get him back to full steam. We have a webinar this afternoon so we'll go over after that. No dinner is planned at this point so if the drop-in clinic has a long wait, we'll go out to eat.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:46 pm

you took a master gardener course. I would love to hear about that! 

The Master Gardening course spanned 2 years with weekly classes held during the winter. Each class focused on one aspect of gardening. They usually had guest speakers that was an expert in the subject of the week.

what are you doing in homeschool today? 

** Devotional for Boys
** Bible Study (using a combination of 3 curriculums)
** Math - Teaching Textbook curriculum
** Speech lesson from his weekly appt with therapist
** Reading book of choice (Max)
** Math is fun (online math drill)
** Reading (Pathway Readers)
** Math (Study Time curriculum)
** Math Flashcards
Then we were out of time and went to the public school for lunch with friends.

Homeschool was interrupted about a gazillion time today. We have DGS21 dog visiting us. It was chaos getting the 3 dogs settled down due to DS8 and DGD6 excitement to play with them. We alternated between lessons and playing until school time was over. Not our best school day but it is what it is.

After lunch, I took the kids rock hunting. Our little town has a very active FB group with people in town posting the rocks they are painting & decorating and hiding around the town. The local kids are enjoying finding the decorated rocks, taking a picture and posting on FB group and then hiding them again for someone else to find. The kids found 3 rocks today. I made them stop looking because it is so hot outside (>100 degrees). Dangerously hot to be out running.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Done again. I also did a letter to a DNA match.

-lunch
-bring recycle bin in from rain
-spend 15 min on garage
-respond to cousin's email from yesterday
-reboot laundry, fold lol from yesterday
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”