TABLETOP THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TABLETOP THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:13 am

TABLETOP: What does yours look like? Or maybe you have MORE than one. Mine is covered with my computer, office stuff and some of meds. That said, I have no other place to use my computer since we're in a park model RV. My printer sits on one chair and a chair on the opposite side holds my wallet, etc. Hopefully that will all change once we sell our sofa bed in here. It's not the most comfortable in the first place and we rarely use it. We've toyed with this idea for about 2 years now, but I would really like to free up the table for what it is intended. We're looking at a simple desk to put in here and then down the line a little we'd like to put a glider/rocker alongside the desk. We have 2 very comfortable recliners on the opposite side of the living room. Have one person quite interested in the sofa but I can't really show it today.

DD and I are going to Geneseo to W mart. Then back here and head to the gastro dr. for dh's endoscopy. Tonight we plan to go to a town about 20 miles away to their annual strawberry festival. Always so good. By then dh will be extremely hungry I think. Probably will have to leave shortly after we get home from dh's procedure.

My weight continues in a downward trend. Woohoo! In fact I think I hit another low today. Just want to keep going -finally. Think the Dr. was right in the additional med adding water weight & preventing weight loss.

Dneighbor just stopped over to see if we had power. I'm betting she tripped a breaker. Dh (our resident electrician) is going to pop down to check for her. She was going to wait for her dh to come back. I figured he was showering but I see the car is gone so it could be quite a while.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TABLETOP THURSDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:26 am

Dee: did you name the thread for me today?! If so, that's all well and good but only if tomorrow is Finding Floors Friday!

I will admit finding table tops was my goal for today long before Dee posted.

I'm up. I'm sore and my body is tired but my brain is operating at about 70% which is a high-water mark for me lately. I think I'm relieved to have the dessert party behind me. Now I'm panicking over the bbq for next month.

Dh can talk this morning which wasn't a given. He really pushed his voice too far while singing last night.

The bedroom is mostly tidied (his clean underwear to be put away and the load of dirty clothes started but I'm waiting for us to get dressed for the day first.)

The dishwasher is emptied. And that meant a few more things went away off the counters (i.e. I had taken down some juice jugs and only used 1 but waited until it was clean before climbing up to put them all back.)

I'm having my tea now.

In the back of my mind, I'm also starting the packing process. We will now leave some time tomorrow morning. Dd intends to take 6 hours to drive the 4 hour drive so we'll probably not drive with her the whole way. There's no good reason to get there early except to avoid weekend traffic. In theory we are going counter-flow and are staying at the north-east side of the area so shouldn't hit traffic but Toronto is big enough that there is no counter-flow. All Southern Ontario funnels through Toronto so it gets backed up all the way across town (40 miles) at rush hour.

Actually, I'm noting that with Ottawa now too. If I'm coming home from the west end at rush hour, in theory, since I live west of downtown, I shouldn't get caught in traffic but the traffic heading east of downtown backs up to the west quite often now. Thankfully, I seldom have to be out during rush hour and if I am, I'll often avoid the freeway since counter-flow logic still works on regular roads.

Hmmm, what next. I think I'll finish up my tea and s2s next. I will dress in an office worker's uniform for today so that I will think about doing paperwork rather than housework or just walking. I do have at least one walk planned, though.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:33 am

Not exactly, Kathryn -but if the shoe fits............. :D Know many of us often mention that hot spot table. It certainly does here most days. I will be very glad to have a desk to use. I'm hoping my printer will also fit but not sure. Have to measure.

Think 'finding floors' is also a very good title btw.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:35 am

Good Morning!

I'm up and going strong for the past 2 hours.

Sunny - That change in location sounds like a multi-step project. I am looking forward to how you break it down into manageable chunks. It sounds like a similar process that K&K went through when they decided to sell and move. It is huge but you can do this!

TABLETOP: What does yours look like?

At this very moment, they are all clean and cleared. They don't stay that way and require clearing/cleaning multiple times a day.

Today doings =
** Homeschool Day #9
** DGD6 here all day/night

Such a short list but it takes so much of my time, effort and focus. Raising kids is not an easy task!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:49 am

I am following you d lady on what you said yesterday.

I have been focusing on daily maintenance in all areas of my life. It is so easy to stay up with things if a little is done every day.

I saw that our d harriet mentioned that you took a master gardener course. I would love to hear about that!

d dee good morning - thank you for starting us - I was looking around, before I came to the computer, and realized that area tabletops are getting bad looking from not putting away. Tabletop thursday is perfect for me! I will be thinking of your dh for his test today! wishing you a good day too!
what are you doing in homeschool today?

TABLETOP: What does yours look like? Or maybe you have MORE than one.

d elizabeth I am sorry your foot is still hurting you.

dd kathryn ... knowing you . what ever you do will always be beautiful - the bbq will be lots of fun. enjoy your tea this morning.

hi saw d sunny, d twin, d harriet (yay on all your desk day work) s last night ~~~waving hi

d cathy happy birthday to your dh wayne

hi d nancy, d lucy, d helia, d mt (haven't seen you lately), d harmony, d norma, d lynn, d sadie, d lilac I hope I am not forgetting anyone

hi everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 am

yesterday was a lovely day -

we walked at a protected nature area and it was lovely. Not the same as door county where my d mom used to live...there were phlox, indian paintbrush, short iris's wild daisies, fields of forget me nots in the spring, etc. I miss those... here there are wild daises clover, cone flowers, compass flower, thistle but not much more for flowers except in the fall when the queen annes lace and golden rod. I do miss it her property bc it was on the lake in the middle of conservation land. But life changes so I have to find and enjoy the new walks and the new flowers and trees.

I am not sure where I am going to walk today as I really want to catch up outside before the storms come in.
I had to buy a new pump/new filter for the above ground pool. So they are delivering it tomorrow. I have to undo the old equipment and put it out of the garbage tomorrow.

today is supposed to be hot and very humid

so hoping:
d mom coming over to work on my photo hoard. 2 hours
work outside
walk somewhere that makes me happy or challenges me
dailies
french adjectives work. found out I can't do my lesson in the afternoon, next week, as we have an attorney date for our new will.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:21 am

Popping in to say "hi!" I don't think I've been here for a while, not since we returned from our trip.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Ontario, Canada. The 3 areas we went to were quite different, which was part of the fun -- Toronto, Niagara Falls, and Stratford. The play we saw in Stratford was OK, not the best we've seen. But one play is certainly not a large enough sample size to make any conclusions about the festival as a whole. Also, we went to the children's play, even though Tot J wasn't there after all, having left the previous day to join S on her work trip, and an adult play might be different. Plus, we're a bit spoiled by local performances here. The music, theater, and dance department at our big Univ. is among the top in the nation, and student performances are amazing! We get other performances of all sorts coming through, though Broadway shows don't come to our small city -- but do come to big cities not too far from us. Anyhow, I'd still like to go back to Stratford to see more plays. Plus, it's kind of a charming town. It's not that far from us.

On our drive home, we enjoyed visiting the stable where dd21's friend is working for the summer - and being trained with her horse in eventing. She's in a show just over the border here on Sunday. Dd21 and I might go see her.

Everywhere we went, even a diner in a small rural town, people were knowledgeable about celiac disease and had options for dd21. We were astounded!!

I've been trying to get caught up on some things around here, but there's enough stuff going on with day-to-day life, I don't have as much time as I think I do. I did get caught up on the weeding, but my flower gardens still don't look that nice, mainly b/c of their composition.

I'll be out of the house a lot today. Main goals:
1. Jog - just sprints today
2. Errands - library, groc. store, garden store
3. Meeting w/ Korean friend from church to work on her English
4. Meeting w/ volunteer org tonight to find out info.

Dh is out of town, returning late tonight. No Thursday dinner tonight b/c of the volunteer org meeting + dh's being out of town. We had R over for dinner on Tuesday and RB over for dinner last night.

I hope you all have a good day!! I can't be social right now, I'm sorry. Maybe later. . .

Last edited by helia on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:32 am

Hello everybody! Good title today. I did a massive cleanup around here on Sunday and some of my hot spot table / deck / counter tops are clear. I am working extra hard trying to keep them that way. I had the dining room table pretty good but then Monday our next big customer came by with more papers from his mortgage brokers and I had my papers from his file out... it is all over and I'm not sure I can do much about it until DH has a whole day to sit and work on those... there is a little I can do... hmmm do I want to?

Trying to get some information somewhere in the cyber world...may have to make a trip to job today also.

Thinking about Sunny's post yesterday about selling and moving. I've been wondering what DS2 has been doing when he's been coming. DH and I were talking about what to do with all this office furniture whenever we move / downsize. We have 1 room full of modular furniture, wall to wall, with a big drafting table along the other wall. And a bookcase. Thank goodness it will be a while.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:10 am

hi d helia! welcome home!!!

what did you see when you were in Stratford?

I agree about the university student performances... always wonderful.

hi d harmony!!! you did great work

well it's time for me to get going ... dogs woke me at 5:30 and I fed them etc. but went to bed again but didn't really sleep. lol dd younger woke me up as she headed to work (later - 7 am) dogs again woke me up so finally decided to get up at 7:30 which is late during the summer.

see you all later!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:28 am

I'm in on working to clear the table tops, and other surfaces in dire need of attn.

Return to “Post When You Can”