CONGA AWAY FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: CONGA AWAY FRIDAY

Postby Lilac » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 pm

I will move my posts about dsisil to here. I have decided to modify using dsisil. To make it plainer I will use dhdsis and dbdw to make it easier for someone to know which one I am talking about. Today I woke up from a much needed nap and had a text from dhdsis. She had called my db to check on his dw and he handed the phone to her. She said her voice is rather squeaky due to having had the breathing tube. Dbdw told dhdsis that she knew she was going to die without the surgery but as bad as she felt and what they told her might happen with the surgery, she left her family thinking she was not going to make it. She said as she hugged, kissed and told her dh, 3 dsons, 3 ddils and 2 teenage dgds that she loved them, in her mind she was telling them goodbye. Dhdsis said by then both of them were in tears. I am just amazed that feeling that way, she was composed enough not to let on to her loved ones that she thought that was goodbye. Dbdw woke up on her own this morning when they thought they had her sedated and would bring her out of it in 24-36 hours. She said that when she woke up, she was thrilled but surprised to be alive. She has proven just how strong she really is.

I am tired and rambling so guess I will leave this as is and get ready for bed.
Last edited by Lilac on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Re: CONGA AWAY FRIDAY

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:31 pm

That is so amazing, Lilac! I'm just so happy for all of you!

You know, my dmom was probably more scared of her recent surgery than she has ever been. And her recovery seems to be going better than ever before.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”