Saturday Smile and a Kiss

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday Smile and a Kiss

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:10 pm

((((((((((((Dee and family))))))))))))

As a friend.....stating the obvious. Yes, your family is in crisis. However, Dear Friend Dee....... remember to put your oxygen mask on first. Your body is recovering from life-threatening surgeries/events. You are under the care of multiple doctors as your body heals & adjust to multiple meds. Your DH is facing surgery and needs you okay so he can focus on getting better. You are the Matriarch of your family and they need you to continue to heal. Be the calm spot in the middle of the tornado. No pushing your body beyond its healing point. No set backs, please. Delegate. Delegate. Delegate. >>>>climbing down off my soap box<<<<<
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:20 pm

So sweet, LadyM. Thank you. I am trying very hard to not overdo and pace myself. I find I get tired easily yet and need to space any events. But events have hit hard and heavy today. In fact DD is doing all the driving today. Figured it would help some if I'm not behind the wheel. Now to manage to get dh into the bedroom to get ready in 11 minutes. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:21 pm

dearest dee!!! (((praying))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:24 pm

knock on wood the new pump is put in - oh my goodness the pump additions are so cheap. All cheap plastic - the pump looks well made.
no plumbing tape needed? interesting - hoping it does not leak.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:57 pm

H did ladder work pruned up limbs that were low hanging I picked up what was left on the ground while the kids played and had recess. Dishes are gping. Sorry bout my spelling fingers are sore and cracked three are taped it is hard to type. I had great luck at a yd sale this morning. Kiddos are napping lucked out the are down at the same time not staggered like yesterday. Last evening a friend called to walk but I could not was sort of glad I think she wanted to vent I really didn't want to hear about her neighbors cats spraying in her garage. :roll:

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi everyone!

A very productive day here. I went and got a flat of strawberries first thing this morning. We plan on making strawberry freezer jam tomorrow morning.

After I finished doing that, dh sent me out to buy more landscaping carpet for under the mulch. One of the gardens out front is finished. We will do the other one tomorrow. The gardens all look so much better than 2 years ago. We have planted a lilac bush, a forsythia, a yellow rose bush, 10 lavender bushes, 2 peonies, a foxglove, a yellow flower that looks like a daisy but the petals look serrated/jagged. a delphinium, and 10 or 20 bulbs of something that are all very tall with no flowers yet. Dh also plants some chicks and hens (?) in front of the large flat rock that I used to sit on which is in front of the fireplace chimney.

Previous owner had only 4 hostas left from whatever his ex wife had planted over the years.

I have no idea how my MIL refers to me. I am DIL #4, but dh said I was the first woman he ever proposed to, but that was back in the 70's and there was never any ring. ; )

No grandchildren in my future. Just dd and her SO.

Dh and I went for a swim at a local outside pool and when we came home I had a 3 hour nap.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:10 pm

LadyM, how about NSO (New significant other)? I wish them luck.

Today was something I would not want to repeat. If I even could. With great trepidation, I got up and showed DH the form we needed to redo for next customer's mortgage broker. It is a 3-page form and they gave us the bottom number with their bank fees (va loan - huge fees) added and we had to make this project fit those totals.

We had stacks of papers, copies, calculator tapes, a big computer program going. 8 hours later we had it all balanced. :evil: All because the first form we turned in (our own) had our figures and what the broker originally told us. Her numbers changed, and the way they are noted are different. I got that form printed out but I still have to redo the contract to reflect the new numbers. All this work and of course it doesn't mean any more $ for us. Less probably.

Sigh. My day's dishes are still soaking in the sink. Dinner was frozen pizza. My desk is piled up. DH Bday is tomorrow and I don't even think I have a card yet.

I am NOT going to miss this kind of work or days like this once we're retired. Not. One. Bit.

(Dee) Don't let your family push you to do more than you feel capable of.

DGSon called to chat. He had college orientation, got his schedule all worked out, found an apartment, signed a lease, got an OK by the fellow who will be his roommate (friend from his high school) so he's really all set. I am so happy for him.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:46 pm

Yes -- (((Dee))) -- do take care of yourself in the midst of all this.

And LadyM -- oh my... (((Big Hugs)))

LadyM, I have to admit, your life does serve to teach me to count my blessings. I have been sooo irritated at ddil... her attitude toward dh, toward my dbro, multiple issues that are really small things -- and today... their HOUSE. Part of the reason SHE was in such a bad mood was that SHE had to clean up the house by herself before ds returned with a houseguest Friday night.
Apparently no one EVER cleans or even does minor pupa at their house unless they are BOTH home and both in a rare mood to clean.
So she's ill at ME bc I don't pick up the kids early enough so she can clean..
and then today the entire house still looks like a tornado had been through it.
Dh spent his high school years delivering furniture and appliances for his dad, and he says he has never seen anything like it.
Just smh..
to my credit, I did not comment to ds/ddil.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”