SUNDAY SUCCESS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: SUNDAY SUCCESS

Postby Lilac » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Just a quick ci, dbdw is recovering at a slow and steady pace.

Before she needed surgery we had made reservations for 3 nights at the lake. It is to be 70s and 80s. We decided to go ahead and camp. We will go back in a few weeks to see her.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:41 pm

At dinner with ds. We overtook him a second time and he caught up with us.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Nice you and DS can 'meet up', Kathryn.

We've returned from the 2 graduation parties. One for dgks was outside. We had the same storms here that Cathy and Kathryn have encountered. Had to sit in our driveway waiting for the rain to calm and were rewarded with a gorgeous double rainbow. The first storm just about passed us by at DS's but it was quite windy and cool. Weather changed several times while we were there. Bonus was we got to see the wee twins again. Think it was the first time for dh. Our other dgd21 came by for a while with her boyfriend. First time we've seen her this summer.

DGS22 who was taken to the hospital Thursday night is still in ICU but at least they were going to try feeding him a little this afternoon.

DD just stopped by with my calendar from DS's -left it on a table.

Was thinking about our dgs4 who starts kindergarten this fall. Will we be up to attending HIS graduation in 13 years or possibly even both be around. So we're thinking about doing something for him over the next few years and put some away for him down the road.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Don't know which way you took to get home Kathryn, but my sister and her dh are also on the road east today. They left Toronto to go to Crow Head, Newfoundland. Her house is on the same street as the dinner theatre you went to there. They have moved the dinner theatre to a larger location. At least 2 of my cousins "perform" there, and they said the objective is to be "bad". I don't know if you noticed either Sharpe Lane or Sharpe Avenue, but they are both named for my family. My grandfather and his brothers all built houses in the same area along Main Street there, so the little street between Main Street and the ocean was named Sharpe's Lane.

Dh and I drove over to the drug store to get some ice cream to go on the leftover strawberries. The ice cream there was "too expensive" so we went to a premium chain store north of there and dh decided to get a sugar free variety. I didn't want to spend over $10 for 2 containers of ice cream, so guess who can't have ice cream and strawberries tonight because of an extreme sensitivity to artificial sweeteners?? I am NOT a happy woman tonight. I really wanted some and I was too cheap to get some. When dh finishes his container, he will get into mine and get another spike in his sugar and then fight to keep it down and feel better. ~sigh~
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:30 pm

I am happy to hear that she is healing (even if slowly) d lilac - saying my prayers for your db d wife.

hi d cathy sorry you weren't able to get the ice cream you wanted to go with your strawberries

hi d dee how lucky to see a double rainbow. tickled pink you can see the sweet twins again.

d kathryn so happy you are able to spend dinner with your ds

looking sparkly and pretty in your fun jewelry today d harriet! (((sorry your dd was not feeling so hot but is happy that she is feeling better now)))
glad you were able to visit with your d bil !
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:31 pm

good night!

did some more paperwork and listening to a book on the computer
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:07 pm

My Sunday has been successful. It was our normal Sunday - church, lunch with friends, nap. I did run the sound system at church which I'm not comfortable doing. Over the years our sound system has been modified so much that nothing is color coded or numbered right anymore. You just have to know the long cable with the yellow band goes with the mic with the red band. Etc. etc. etc. The OCD part of me wants the yellow cable to go with the yellow mic. Hum.....I just realized that I could buy some several rolls of color tape and replace the color bands on the mics and cables so they would match. That seems so easy.....why hasn't it been done? I'm just the substitute when the main sound person is gone so I am hesitant to make changes. Hum....I'll ask and see what kind of response I get.

Tomorrow starts the week of swimming lessons. I just searched my journal notes to see how many years I've taken DS8 to swim lessons. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. So this will be his 6th year of swim lessons. I considered not taking him anymore because he is confident in the water. But he wanted to take them this year so I'm going with it. Even if he doesn't learn anything, they are good exercise and social outing. DGD6 still wears floaties in our swim pool so the lessons this week should be very helpful for her.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:12 pm

We were happy to catch up with ds too. Turns out the way we caught up the first time was that he had pulled off to sleep. He realized his eyes were drifting so he pulled off at an exit that coincidentally had a municipal works yard with parking outside the fence so he parked there and slept for 38 minutes. He's having trouble with his phone going off when he sets an alarm. He says it say the equivalent of "Times Up" by ringing softly and waiting. If he doesn't dismiss the alarm, 8 minutes later it goes "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" He thinks it would be more useful if it did that at the time he said he want the alarm to go off!

So we did leave 40 minutes after him which is why he passed us earlyish in the drive. Then he pulled off for gas and so we did at the same stop. But we went to a different station than he did. He waited 5 extra minutes for us to catch up and then headed on his way. In the meantime, we would have driven past him twice and not noticed him at that station!

He caught back up to us on the highway and dh spotted him in the rearview mirror. His car is distinctive because it has a strange home-brew roof rack. We texted back and forth (I'm assured he uses hands-free texting) and arranged to meet at one of the highway stops for dinner. It meant no fish & chips at the Seaway but I was too stuffed for that anyway. Dh had a full chicken dinner, I had grilled cheese and ds had a steak & cheese sandwich so we each got what we wanted. And I gave him back his cherries which were in my cooler.

We didn't get hit hard by a storm after that although we could see them around. The plants on the balcony are completely waterlogged so it has been a wet weekend. At least I don't have to water them tomorrow.

I've put away the cooler food and the uncooled food. I'm having a cup of decaf tea and my chocolate (which is another item I forgot. )

I'm exhausted but possibly too wired to sleep.

I'll tackle my suitcase in a moment after checking email. At the very least my toothbrush needs to be plugged in. My tablet is charging and I'll do the phone when I finish this post.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 am

Hello. I guess today was a success because DH is happy. It is his birthday. Last evening very late after our whole day of work I ducked down to the store and got the card and stuff for him. Man. Nobody hardly in the store that time of the day (night)!

So today was church and my favorite minister was preaching. If he preached all the time I would never miss church.

Had a tire going flat so we fixed that, DH found a small screw in it. We went to the beach for a couple hours. The water was great, about 84°, but the sand was as hot as I've ever felt it on my feet walking down to the edge. I have a red nose and I'm feeling hot. A bit too much sun I guess.

We made a nice dinner on the grill and that was the day. I just finished fixing the last contract for that bank and printed it off. I will take it with me tomorrow and drop it off on the way home. I'm having breakfast with my 2 friends, 1st friend's birthday is tomorrow and we try to meet on our birthdays.

Dee, I know what you mean about the bank account when a bunch of holidays or birthdays / graduations hit all at once. Summer is tough for me, then right around Christmas, before and after. But we do have the benefit of having a lot of nice family to remember, right?!

Cathy, your strawberry & rhubarb jam sounds delicious!

I enjoyed reading today's posts, but I think it's time to go to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”