MONDAY MOTIVATION(S)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: MONDAY MOTIVATION(S)

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:20 pm

When does your dh have lab work done, LucyLee?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:38 pm

Tomorrow, Dee. Echocardiogram and lab work.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 pm

I vacuumed then had to clean the vacuum hose out again. Got the kit & dining room swept & vacuumed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:00 pm

The day fell apart.

Phone is restored to factory settings and then restored with all the apps I use. I have notifications back now so that solved the problem (a simple restart didn't.) Don't know how long it will last so am looking at a new phone but still a cheap one, just not quite so cheap. My plan is to replace in September so this one will have cost me $10 per month for the phone and another roughly $25 for data, minutes and texting.

We are still handling a problem that came up with our US credit card. The old one was cancelled but new ones had already arrived. Unfortunately, we are having problems getting the new ones to work (can't test them since they are US cards.) We keep getting bad advice from the bank help-line people.

I did my walking club. I'm running the dishwasher. I did no other housework or paperwork all day.

I did research hotels for the next wedding. The particular weekend of the wedding hotel rooms are $50 - $100 a night more expensive than usually. I've booked one that can be cancelled or used by dh and I. I have booked no others while I figure out who is coming. The baby is not invited to the reception so that means we must have a room in the hotel with the reception and we'll tag team. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun, one person will constantly be missing out and I'm not sure how it will work for the actual eating especially if it is a served meal and not a buffet.

The invitation says think of it as a weekend away to party. Well, our family doesn't party and if we are all there, then there's no-one to babysit dgs. He has no other family nearby and the dd and dsil know no-one in the city where the wedding is to be (and that city is 7 hours drive from our city.)

I'm wondering if just one of dh and I accepts and then we take turns sitting in the one seat. Or dsil and dd do that. Some one of us is going to miss the speeches which is the best part of a wedding. And we can't time who misses which part of the reception, that depends on dgs.

Oh, and the hotel rooms have only a fridge, no microwave so they won't be able to heat food for him.

Anyway, this mess has been consuming a lot of my thoughts today.

Tomorrow can only be a better day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:18 pm

One good thing: the rain let up long enough for me to WALK to the phone store! I now have voice mail again. Now I must do a LR cleanup followed by a me cleanup and dinner. I've also straightened out the church website issue (at least the part that relates to me). I sent my first text today. REALLY gotta get going.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:47 pm

(((Kathryn))) -- That IS a tough call, for the wedding weekend, re:dgs... believe me, I feel your pain. This business of having no other family close by is a lot of trouble.
Oh how I love that we ARE close by -- I don't think I could hardly stand it if they didn't live close by! BUT... for example, now my Thursday is filled b/c ds just found out he is leaving at 9:30 a.m. Thursday morning, and ddil is working. My Friday would be filled, but dh's appt at the heart clinic has already been made, so we aren't going to try to change that.
DDIL said she was going to call a local daycare and see if they take drop-ins under any circumstances. (I will be surprised if they do.) DS & DDIL really can't afford -- and don't NEED -- full-time daycare... but my goodness, when it rains it pours. But they have at least two ladies that they can call and they trust, so surely one or the other will be available Friday.

And what if dmom gets dismissed from the hospital... Well... they're just going to have to keep her till ddil gets home from work, I guess... :roll:

But anyway -- party was nice. Dbil & dnephew came, and dgs was sooo excited about EVERYTHING. Bouncing off the ceiling excited... but we were happy that he was happy. He and dgd are both just crazy about dnephew, which is kinda unusual since they only see him a few times a year, and he is 27 years old, I think. (DS & DDIL threatened to leave the kids with him on Friday, LOL!)

Kitchen is cleaned up... laundry for today is done except for hanging up to dry (I'll wash dh's clothes tomorrow)... and I'm about ready to relax for a while.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”