WE BEGAN THIS VILLAGE IN 2014 WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

WE BEGAN THIS VILLAGE IN 2014 WEDNESDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 am

Wow! The years do fly. We began this little village on the web in 2014. Some of us have been around in one village or another for probably nearly 20 years. Now how is that possible? Anyway Happy Anniversary to US -worldwide.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Re: WE BEGAN THIS VILLAGE IN 2014 WEDNESDAY

Postby CathyS » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:53 am

Hi everyone. I first found a SHE board in January 2000. It was the one with the "red dresses" (?)

I still have problems getting clean laundry put away. :oops:

That being said, I did get some put away yesterday. I told my husband that the magical refillable underwear drawer has been refilled. That all those clean underwear on top of the dryer are now in the drawer. I don't think he got the hint. When I moved in with him he had 2 overflowing laundry baskets in front of 2 racks so crammed with clothes that both of them were bent in the middle.

As of last night, I have motivation to clean the house. My dd and her SO AKA "the kids" are coming at some point this weekend. Saturday is the holiday, but they don't know which day they are coming. The menu will include BBQed pork ribs and BBQed chicken.

How many of you know that this is Canada's 150th birthday? We know you are older than us, but we still get a nice party for this milestone.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:43 am

Yes, Happy Sesquicentennial and festivities coming up, Cathy.

Dee, thank you so much for reminding us. Back on WebForums was my first contact, too, Cathy, with the red dresses. Several of us go back further to Columbian. I lurked a good while and finally posted - but that was as much because of unfamiliarity with personal web associations as having to do with the site itself. Back then the web was all business in my life. I talked about dd turning "dd2" as I introduced myself, so since she's nearly 19, nearly 17 years I guess. Is that right? 16 1/2,
maybe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:52 am

good morning!!! My mind says it hasn't been that long; but, lol, my body does. Happy anniversary to all of us! thank you to the moderators and all for keeping us together!

HAPPY 150TH ANNIVERSARY TO CANADA!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:54 am

I did know it's Canada 150th birthday coming up Saturday. And how many of us know that Canada is the second largest country in the world after Russia? That little fact rather surprised me I guess.

Those days were long ago, Harriet, weren't they? I think I joined the first Columbian site somewhere around when DGS was about 2 maybe. He's now almost 24. Hmmmm....am I any more organized today than then? Well, yes I guess I am and I'm more able to keep up with my dailies thanks to inspiration here.

Dh and I have to leave in a little over 1 hour to see his orthopedist. I need to make sure all our ducks are in a row. I reminded him to get the disability papers from the secretary before we leave so the Dr. can make out his portion. Answer: "She's not in today." :? This will mean another trip in -at least a 50 mile round trip. Arrgghh! I've tried to find them online but am just not sure what forms to print out and can't seem to find the one for the Dr. anyway. If we're fortunate perhaps they have them at the Dr's office. :roll:

Have to stop on the way home to get gas. Have $.10 off per gallon through the 8th. But this particular grocery store also has any kind of beverage for "buy 2/get 4 more free". So will pick up ginger ale for dh and some other drinks for the summer. This could well send our cents off per gallon up another $.05 so will wait until after shopping to get gas in the same plaza.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:57 am

dd younger is sleeping - she is trying not to get depressed. Today my d mom will be around for dd younger as dh and I have an attorney appointment.

wishing you all a blessed day.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:01 am

Dh and I are doing our Canada150 song set this afternoon so we are well aware!

Ottawa traffic is a mess. They have shut streets downtown to start setting up for the party and with other streets shut due to light rail construction traffic is beyond tolerable. It is not a matter of taking the bus instead of driving. Last night it was taking buses 45 - 60 minutes to move one block. And the drivers were not letting people out. In frustration a group of teens broke the emergency exit glass and climbed out. It was a mess in the morning, worse in the afternoon and today even more streets are closed making it impossible to get from the Quebec side to downtown from the north except by our bridge or going south to the freeway, over 1 exit and then into downtown from the south.

At this point, if you can walk downtown in under 40 minutes, walk. Don't take a car, don't take a bus; walk. That includes us. Thankfully we have no reason to go downtown until Saturday. But in the meantime, the streets in my neighbourhood are clogged with people trying to get from Quebec to downtown.

Today we head south-east about 45 minutes to sing in one of the community halls in rural Ottawa. Tomorrow is 30 minutes south (and just 5 minutes from our village.) Friday it is the village and we are surprise guests at the party.

I'm up, bedroom tidied, s2s, having tea and chocolate. The balcony plants are watered and the dishwasher is emptied. So a reasonable start to the day. The apartment doesn't have to be perfect before we leave because my tea with a neighbour is tomorrow after singing, not today.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:10 am

Whenever you celebrate here's to everyone! Here at the campground we're to have the utmost fireworks display. People come from all over the region to line up on the 4 surrounding roads to watch. Dcampowner raises funds all year to pay for this one celebration. I'm usually pretty glad when it's all over. Moving around the campgrounds is almost impossible. Think the most I'll have to move is going around the back way to DS-R's and back here when the fireworks are over. (That is if we don't have rain.) Dh commented to dcampowner that it was awfully nice of him to have the fireworks display on his birthday and of course we can celebrate Canada's as well! We, in fact, expect our friends from Ottawa to join us so we'll be sure to make extra of the fact it's your 150th.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 am

I remember the "Red Dresses" too! I had lurked for a while, but I think I started posting regularly when dkids were in first grade. During that fall I volunteered at the school two mornings a week, and school didn't start until 8:45, I think, so I didn't get much done those mornings until I came home after having lunch. I'd start my a.m. routine then. Need to figure out what year that was! They had twelve years of school, then four of college and it's been two years since college graduation.

I'm trying the first Smoothie from the "Always Hungry?" book. Not bad so far; we'll see if it gets me through to lunch time.

I'm feeling not quite as driven since getting dmom moved, and having a resulting lag in my planning and what I'm getting done. I was up this morning at 5:15 - dh was already s2s-ed but his alarm was going off in the great room, so I went to shut it off. Since he was going out of town, I stayed up to see him off.

I have a list going for the day. The big pieces are groceries, visiting dmom, and hopefully bringing dmom's dog, Muffin here. Along the way there's a bunch of other stuff that I need to do. And it's almost nine a.m. and I've been up almost four hours and haven't done much along the way. :shock:

Right now:
-start lol
-finish up grocery list
-brush teeth, clean up, get dressed
-kitchen clean up
-make the bed

So glad dd is out the door. Whew.

bw2, hope your dd is okay from this...I hate that it happened, after all she's been through.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:25 am

this is Canada's 150th birthday

Happy Birthday to the Canadians!!

Last night....uhmm....we have had better.

DS8 tics took a spike yesterday. When we picked him up from DD his tics were strong. Even later when he was relaxed and having fun the tics continued. His head was snapping backward about every 30 seconds while he was playing video games with 2 friends at WW meeting (they were sitting in the back of the room). These are 2 of DS8 best friends so he was having a good time. But that dag gum violent head jerking tic was out of control.

DD texted at 6:30 pm saying she would pick DS8 up and take him to swim lesson tomorrow (today). I asked DS8 if he wanted that and he instantly said no. He said he wanted me to take him and watch him at swim lessons. Such a simple thing (get in a vehicle, drive 12 miles, swim 1 hour, drive 12 miles back home) to have such strong emotions tied to it. I text DD back saying I was going to watch DS8 tomorrow at swim lessons, did she want to drive together or meet there.

DS8 did bedtime routine when we got home and went to sleep with no problem. Around midnight DH woke up when DS8 got up to go to the bathroom. DH said he watched DS8 pull the shower curtain back and start running bath water. DS8 then walked back to bed, laid down and continued to sleep. **sigh*** DS8 was sleep walking and wasn't aware of what he had just done. If DH hadn't woke up and observed it then the bath water would have continued running and flooded the house. We put DS8 in bed with us so we could get some sleep & monitor him the rest of the night.

Soo....yesterday's trial of DD taking DS8 for a few hours had more negative consequences than I expected. I suspect the stress & anxiety cause his spike in tics and sleepwalking.

Today's happenings.....
** swim lessons
** help DH get started with WW app
** cook for church family (brisket and mashed potatoes)
** church service
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”