TEAM THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TEAM THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:32 am

What a great 'team' we are! We huddle together & help each other meet goals, bolster one another, give hugs & high fives along the way. I'm sure you can think of many more ways we are a team.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: TEAM THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:53 am

Think I need to heed my quote and "Begun.....is half done". With that I need to "begun".

And as the weekend gets closer, more and more people are heading out of town completely.
And at least 4 of those are coming here to celebrate and play with us. :P Have to find out what M Smart's plans are for this fall. I'm sure he's going to college. Need to celebrate his graduation while they're here.

Have an appointment at noon for a perm (I hope) -will see what she says about my hair's condition. It had been thinning quite a bit since heart attack, etc. Seems to be getting better but I can't do anything with it. It used to have some body and I felt I could do without a perm. But now? I just can't seem to make it do anything.

Need to at least get the dishes done before I leave. Going to see hairdresser's Mom (my very good friend/boss from the antique coop.) Haven't seen her yet this year. It's nearly 20 miles in a direction I never seem to travel.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:11 am

If I had fully listened to my "Two-minute task" coach on Tuesday I would have avoided a late charge on my credit card. Sigh... But there were so many papers that starting to tackle them would be more than 2 minutes and so I didn't. Until this morning when I started the one piece of paper at a time and then remembered I had a bill due. It took 10 minutes to find it in the stack but was paid in 2. And I checked bank balances since I wrote all those cheques over the weekend (thanks for the reminder to keep an eye on that, Dee) and can let out a sigh of relief, there will be no issue with any of them.

I'm up, s2underwear, having tea. Gotta dash and have my breakfast now. I will be late out the door to dd's because I'm supposed to leave in 10 minutes.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:56 am

Glad to help with the two minute thing, Kathryn. Now if I was following it too, no telling what we could accomplish!

I have a little shadow - Muffin is following me about, moving whenever I move. She slept on the rug right next to the bed until I heard her moving about, and she moved over to the dog bed. So far, so good. We will see what the vet says at 5 p.m.

I was exhausted last night, between the dog and trying to cook and keep up with the AH foods and meal plan. I had registered for a webinar but at 7:30 decided that it wasn't in the cards. I loaded up the dishwasher and started it, but left a lot of the dinner prep and mess for today.

I have my own dr appt today at 1:30 and then Muffin's appt at five p.m. DD is going with me to Muffin's appt, and we will take her car since it's easier to get ddog in and out.

I need to get moving for the day:
-breakfast, prep for lunch?
-update bullet journal
-meds/vitamins
-empty dishwasher/kitchen clean up (eeek!)
-s2s
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:06 am

I'm trying to decide on paying a bill today or waiting for checking account to 'settle' a bit. It's not due for another week. BUT then......if I do it now and figure it out I won't chance it being late because I forgot. The 2nd half of our car insurance came due during the time I was in the hospital, etc. Never thought of it until the notice of cancellation came. :shock: Was on the phone pronto but there never was really a problem. Know I need to make a sheet with all that type of info on it -JIC (just in case). Dh would never have a clue otherwise.

Just finished doing up the dishes. Need to do laundry after I return this afternoon. Best to get it all done before the influx for this weekend. Then I won't have to wait in line over the holiday weekend. And since it's supposed to be rainy I expect there'll be lots of laundry. The nice thing about our laundry room is that it's SUPPOSED to be only for permanent campers on this side of the "pond". The laundry on the hill is used by both permanent and seasonal. That one can really become quite a mess from 'weekenders'.

Got my grocery list made out and plan to stop a W mart on the way home to pick up a few things. I expect it will be a zoo. Should ask dd if there's anything they need for the weekend. DD-R & family will be in Philly for a lacrosse tournament all weekend so it will just be DS-A and all his family and friends here for Saturday. Know dd plans to go to their house on Sunday. We have a graduation party that afternoon. Sadly the grandmother who has lived with them for as long as I can remember passed away yesterday morning. Actually about a mile & a half away a 2nd member of our small congregation also passed away yesterday morning. Not sure anyone realizes it yet. I've sent an email out to question if anyone has been consulted. We're in an interim situation so it may well be the interim pastor hasn't received word.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:16 am

I am up woke up at 5ish, got u 15 to 20 min. Later hens & dog are fed. Breakfast for me is next up. Knee is better just a bit stiff & sore. Watching Bob Ross painting. I need to take a pic of my new batch of walking sticks. Did not have kidN yesterday she has been ill. I need to do the 2 min. Thing in master bedroom and dig out that closet.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:50 am

d lady I know you need a break - its so so difficult when ones child has anxiety - actually the emotional roller coaster is awful - eldest dd is now older and is on ADD meds which has really helped her believe it or not - she has an anxiety med she can take when she feels it taking over - it doesn't cure it but in the moment it calms down the so the going over the cliff in a rollercoaster feeling is not so overpowering. Her teen years before meds was really difficult and depression meds were not the answer, for her, because they zoned her out. Its so hard for the parent of a child with anxiety. The emotional and physical strain is overwhelming because when they are in full anxiety mode there isn't a way to help them be calm because nothing you can say can make that moment better -

it is such a high level of anxiety and fear of the worst that all you can do is wait for the ride to pass. (it was the constant following me when she was at the highest point of her anxiety - I had some one tell me to think of it like a dog that has been abused and abandoned at a shelter - a dog can follow and HAS to be there because they are afraid to let you out of their sight thinking that they are only secure with that one person (sounds horrible but it made me understand Sometimes I lost it and finally yelled stop or I couldn't take it any more and cried. I am not a yeller and I got to the point a couple times and yelled stop or I can't - not not my proudest moments -

not often but the teen with anxiety reacts and is not able to go into a calm state when they are at the height of the anxiety melt down. I can't tell you how many times I had to say you need to go to your room and then when your calm we can talk - which usually ended up w an apology for saying things and loosing it and then talking it out why she was upset and what sent her into a spiral.

As the years have gone by she has come around the other side of the moon - her add meds have helped and she does take something if she starts feeling that overwhelming feeling. Her biggest fear is that her ADD meds will be taken away as it really helps her focus in on life and not go into different tangents of negative thinking or blowing things up.

I think thats why you wanted dd to take him to his activities bc you needed a break. trust me I KNOW! My family is dd olders trigger - over and over again - esp. my brother and his wife. We are still trying to help her before things happen - it still causes so much stress in our home with both girls but mostly dd older because her anxiety can not handle it. Normally her anxiety doesn't flair up except if there is something with my brother which is usually twice a year so things are better. for my dd it's about trust and she has reasons not to trust him. he holds all the purse strings and uses it to keep them in control in the kids minds but in his mind he is reminding them that everything could fall apart if they don't follow his rules and then it still can fall apart - there is no trust and no consistency.

I feel for you because I understand the clinginess, the emotions, the reactions etc. of anxiety. I hope you have another person that you can trust ds8 with - your dd, even though you love her, is a trigger for your ds8. She may be a different person now but he will not be able to do that until he is older. It does get better! I am praying for you and I hope you find a group of parents with children of anxiety or find someone you trust and he trusts to take the load off of you when you need a break; and you need breaks. It's hard and as one parent of an adult child who has the diagnosis of anxiety things do get better the more they trust and talk and the correct medicine that doesn't zone them out.

she 90% + of the time can read that her body/mind is going into full high anxiety mode and has learned many skills to help her before it goes out of control. She hates going into that mode but she says her brain seems to never sleep. She is one that is rule oriented and sees things in segments - actually this has been a benefit for her line of work as she sees things like different files but that also makes it difficult when things go off the beaten path. She has learned a lot to adjust to let things go when they don't work but she is definitely one that needs a plan. Her personality needs planned transitions, planned time off etc.. etc. Being impromptu gives her stress - she laughs about that now. It does get better ((((my love to you)))
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:59 am

dhelia hope your dh feels better

d lucy I am thinking and praying for your dh

hi d dee - what a fun huddle we would all have together - I wouldn't get anything done but I would have a blast with all of you.
beginning is my hardest thing :D 8-) once I get started I am a pro! My mom's hair thinned since her a fib surgery - I didn't know that could happen when the heart has had a trauma. I hope you can get in for that perm... let them spoil you!

d kathryn have fun at your dd's

hi d twins! hope you have a great day today with your own dr appointment and your d mom's dogs' appointment

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:21 am

heading out soon - having lunch w d mom and d aunt. 4:30 dd has to see her neurologist.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:33 am

bw2, glad dd is seeing neurologist today.

I made the chicken salad lunch and my kitchen is a mess again!

So:
-s2s
-kitchen clean up
-make the bed
-start a lol, fold accumulated laundry and put away
-make some notes for my dr appt
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”