SMOKE AND MIRRORS MAGIC FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: SMOKE AND MIRRORS MAGIC FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:06 pm

And that being said, dh came in just as I finished writing. I had started the dishes. Warmed his dinner and scooped out some banana cream pie for him (given to us by our 'cooking' camper). This one he had bought for some reason. The topping wasn't all that good so I just tossed that out and gave him the pudding part. Told him to ask J not to buy any more desserts. I'm diabetic and dh is 'borderline'. His heart is in the right place but he's always bringing us something or having his dwife deliver it.

Made goulash for dinner and put the rest in the fridge. I may need to put some in the freezer with company doings this weekend.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:07 pm

Well, today was not quite as productive as yesterday, but still --
* heart clinic
* lunch @ Cracker Barrel
* called drugs store * STILL no "okay" from insurance company for dh's new rx :evil:
* stopped by dbil's office to get cable bill -- I am the account holder of the cable at college town condo; we want dbil to continue paying bills and let us give him our half, but he can't make changes to the service w/out my adding him to the account. This is strange b/c the bill has come to him at his house ever since dnephew started college ten years ago!
* called cable company
* called dbil to tell him he was now authorized
* called dmom -- will get groceries for her tomorrow
* NAP... LONG NAP
* talked to ddil, who called on her way home from work (dgrands were w/babysitter today)
* cooked supper
* walked one mile
* sat on patio for awhile and just enjoyed the quiet and the sound of the frogs and birds
* cleaned up kitchen

Talking about sitting on porches. I "had to have" a big front porch with a swing, like the Waltons'. Dmil said it was just a place to collect spider webs, and she was right, but I still love it, and we do use it fairly often. It's always in the shade, and usually cool enough to sit there (especially if you're swinging.) We have a swing and two rocking chairs on the porch. Yesterday, while we were waiting on dh to finish his shower, I told dgs, "Let's go sit on the porch." He said, "Yes, that is a good thought."
I remember sitting in the porch swing with my maternal grandmother when I was little.
Our patio is another issue. It gets the southwest sun, so it is ALWAYS too hot to sit out there, except early mornings. And y'all know I don't do early morning. ;)

Cow cam... neat.

So sorry to hear about your dsil's grandmother, Kathryn. (((HUGS))) and prayers for all the family.

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:30 pm

lucylee wrote:And y'all know I don't do early morning. ;)

You and me both, girl!

But you do late night better than me. I still haven't found my 'good' time of the day.

Back home from a wonderful time with the old neighbours. Didn't move much, though, so am way short steps for the day. But exhausted from all the standing around.

It was good to see the stars (both because we were away from the city lights AND because that means it wasn't raining!) and the fireworks were wonderful.

Return to “Post When You Can”