Canada Day! Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Canada Day! Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:52 am

To say it is a big day is an understatement. My goodness, what a celebration for Canada, commemorating Dominion Days of the past, too. Happy, happy, 150th anniversary of Confederation.

And what an eye-opener to see it's The Half-Way Point of the Year for 2017, ya'll :shock:

Are you ready for this? Ready to plan this second half and have some goals for end of year?

blessedw2

Re: Canada Day! Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:33 am

Happy sesquicentennial to everyone in Canada!!!

good morning sweet Harriet!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! How did this year go by so fast!!! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:37 am

today:

go with dd younger to see if she can drive
take mom to a dear friends house - about an hour away - proud of her: she agreed to go to a play with her df who will drive downtown. d mom does not drive at night so I will be dropping her off and picking her up when they get back to the friends house.

hope: get pool water checked - something is wrong with the water
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:37 am

It is a rainy rainy day. Just pouring down here. I am lying in bed listening to the drips on the window and the water draining from one balcony landing on the next one down.

If Accuweather is right the rain will stop for the afternoon, start again over the dinner hours and end at 9. So the jets are unlikely (at noon) but the fireworks will be a go.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:06 am

Happy Birthday to Canada!

I woke up to dh and dd arguing this morning. Dh felt she was not appropriately dressed to lead Torah study and services this morning. My guess is she probably wasn't, but she won't plan ahead and I bet she couldn'd find anything else. By the time I got up to the ruckus, she was wearing my top - a sleeveless red linen "swing" top that I just bought about a month ago. I suspect I should formally turn it over to her. (When we went for pedicures last week, I discovered I did not have a single pair of flip flops in my closet - she rooted out some from her room, but right after that I bought myself two cute pairs for when I want to wear flip flops.)

Oy. I am planning to go to services at temple at 11 so I need to be moving. Actually, I mentioned to dh several days ago that I might go because dd is leading services, and he announced it to dd last night as fact, so I guess I don't want to disappoint. :shock:

One reason I've felt so pressed and overwhelmed lately is that I'm trying the new way of eating, and it's very very cooking-centric. I realized yesterday that I had to eat lunch before picking up dbro and I made the easiest lunch on the plan: chickpea, mozzarella, tomato salad over salad greens with lemon tahini dressing - had to squeeze lemons, mix dressing etc. Then I ran late getting dbro. We spent about an hour with dmom, and after the travel time to get him and take him home I was out about 3.5 hours. Then got home and only had about 30 min before going down the street to have dinner w dfriend M, who was doing the AH eggplant parm for dinner. I ended up taking dMuffin to M's where she hung out quietly - she did tell R uby to "back off" tho because she didn't want to play.

-breakfast and meds
-kitchen clean up
-breakfast bar clean up
-s2s
-make the bed

There will be food at temple after the service. I need to stay away from the bread and have protein and fruit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:25 am

By the way, dh got home about 11 p.m. last night and seems good with the dog situation. He had agreed that "we" (meaning me) could adopt Muffin but I wasn't sure how he would react.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:27 am

Happy Canada Day to all our dear friends North of the Border! (US that is). What a busy day for everyone. It's raining here too, Kathryn. Supposed to stop for the fireworks later. DS-A and all his family & guests from Ottawa are coming later this afternoon. Hopefully it'll be cleared out by then. We're all gathering on DS-R's site -best spot in the campground for any gathering and to watch fireworks. But I'll be oh so glad when this weekend is over.

I already don't plan to go to church tomorrow. I know I will be dragging if I do. Have a graduation party in the afternoon plus we're supposed to go to DS-A's for a 'pork butt' roast made by our Canadian friends. And it's oh so good!!

get pool water checked - something is wrong with the water
Is it too wet? :lol:

Going down to pop our sheets in the laundry. Finally got around to stripping the bed this morning. Worked for a while on our vanity, sink and the medicine cabinet shelf.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:36 am

I lay in bed thinking of titles too this morning, Harriet. Was realizing that we now are halfway through 2017 as well. Goes too fast!

Dh just came in to take his meds -which he completely forgot this morning. I texted my birthday boy and reminded him that maybe it was time for him to take a break and get his meds in. :roll: He had taken his extra fluid pill (for which he has to wait 1/2 hour before others) and left at 6:12am. I know he'll be absolutely exhausted tonight. He'll keep going until nearly midnight, taking a short break for dinner with everyone. I should go buy a birthday cake??? I know he'll be stopped at least 100 times today by people wishing him a happy birthday.

Want to wish Mr. and Mrs. Nancy a wonderful anniversary!

Guess what song is steadily going through my head or my lips? Oh, yes! "Oh, Canada"! Of course we being so close to CA might know the song and lyrics more than our southern villagers. But, Kathryn & Cathy, you can rest assured you're on my mind and on my lips all day long. :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:37 am

Happy birthday to the true north strong and free!!

Hi everyone!!

Dh and I scooted out to Niagara Falls to a grocery store that was open. Dh wanted some fruit for next week. As we were driving home, the traffic going towards the falls was absolutely bumper to bumper! It is going to be wall to wall people there today.

So happy that we will be home and away from all crowds for the next 24 hours.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:49 am

Happy Anniversary to Nancy & H!!

Happy Canada Day!!

I was up before 6am and immediately got started on my day. I can stay busy and the hours pass in a blur. When I stop for a break, I sometimes wonder.....what did I do? Just the normal interaction/care of DS8 and DGD6 take up an immense amount of time without me realizing it as it happens.

Our storm last night resulted in lost of electric (electric poles down), baseball size hail & flooding in many places. I was outside watching the clouds as the storm approached. It had the typical lightning/thunder but it also had a weird continuous deep rumbling and the clouds over me were moving opposite directions and doing a large swirl. The weather people and weather alarms were going off so I took the kids to the cellar to "practice". All ended well with no damage for us. The good side to the storm is the fire danger is now almost nonexistent from fireworks this weekend.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”