MONDAY THE 3RD - PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: MONDAY THE 3RD - PWYC

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Sunny, do you know why they did that electric work in back of you? I do hope it didn't have anything to do with our tree work. We did hit that line. DH said he had it figured correctly that the tree wouldn't hit it, but at the last minute when he was cutting it swiveled a bit and went that direction just enough to hit it. Are your TV's broken? I hope not.

Speaking of tree trimming, when he was trimming all our oaks in the side yard a couple weeks ago, evidently he fell 4 1/2 - 5 ft. when a ladder shifted. He said he hit the ground but not his head...and when he tried to get up he couldn't for a bit. I think it knocked the wind out of him. I did not know he was doing that work so I wasn't out helping him. I've told him neither of us should be out there doing ladder work without the other being there.

We had another storm come by. Rain every day in rainy season is normal, this much lightning is a bit extreme.

Got a new check and took it to the bank.

Dinner, dishes done. Gave DH a haircut. Hate that job. But I guess I do it ok.

I love the Beach Boys and the Temptations! ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:11 pm

What do you need from today?
More relaxation to make a long holiday weekend?
Catch up on things so the holiday tomorrow will run more smoothly?
Back to the routines?
Planning for the last half of the year?
Make of it what you need!

Well, apparently I needed more relaxation. I've slept all day, it seems. Went to sleep around 3:00 a.m. Woke up at 5:45 to ds's message that he was home, so I didn't have to get up early. Ha Ha. DH was already awake and b/c of him, I stayed awake another half hour or so. Woke up again at 9:00, went riding around in the forest w/dh, who just "had to get out of the house." Went to post office & bank. Paid two bills.
Back home, slept some more...
Just about ready to s2s... insurance company called. DH's new rx was denied... must appeal... they must contact doctor again... dh (who was trying to sleep) had to give them authorization to speak to me (twice).
Had to write letter... had to mail it TODAY (per dh's instructions)... rushed to post office (10 min past final pick up, but who knows, maybe the'll get it out today.)
Went to drug store for allergy shot syringes... back to bank, b/c renter had come by and paid us...
Back home, just about to s2s... dh wants to eat NOW, he felt sick, needed something on his stomach...
Cooked supper... cleaned up kitchen...
TA-DA -- S2S!!!!

While I was in the shower, lady who used to work for dmil came by. She and her niece visited for a while.

So I guess it hasn't been a totally wasted day, but I fear that would be the title of my life story: Wasted Days and Wasted Nights. * sigh *

I've told him neither of us should be out there doing ladder work without the other being there.

I should say so, Harmony! Glad he wasn't hurt worse! I think anyone on a ladder needs someone looking out for them. Remember when my duncle fell off the ladder (roof?) while cleaning my dmom's gutters.
(((HUGS))) for that frantic search for key yesterday! BTDT... sooo frustrating...
Also BTDT with not wanting to bother a busy grown-up child. ;) DH was feeling so bad b/c he "never talks to ds anymore..." and he wouldn't let ME call ds for him! Said ds knew where we were... * sigh *

But I finally DID call ds, to ask him a question for dh, and then they talked so I think dh feels better now. We're going to watch fireworks with them tomorrow.

I hope I feel better then. Right now, I still just want to SLEEP.

It's all because I started the day off badly. Got up with less than 6 hours' sleep, did NOT s2s, did NOT drink water or take vitamins, did NOT exercise, did NOT do Bible reading. My whole day has been an example of WHAT NOT TO DO. :roll: :oops:

I would love to see the Beach Boys and the Temptations also!

(((Twins)))

(((Elizabeth)))

Oh, Sunny -- sorry about your electrical problems & tv problems! Hope there's a quick solution!
Does your ds's refrigerator leak into the floor? Mine leaks inside -- water pools up under the vegetable bins at the bottom. That is why I am always having to "wipe out the refrigerator" on Sundays. I do it before we buy groceries, when there is less stuff in it. We probably need a new refrigerator also, but it does still keep things plenty cold enough, so we just continue to wipe...

Sending good wishes to Mr. Sadie, also. Earaches are terrible!

My mother used to make some coconut ball cookies. They had coconut in them, and she rolled them in red & green sugar (for Christmas.) I loved them! DH hates coconut, so I never make them now.

Waving to ALL!!!
Hope y'all have a happy fourth!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:28 pm

I forgot to say this is a funny in-between day here. If your place of work is usually closed on a Saturday, this is the day you get off in lieu of July 1 falling on a Saturday. If your place of business is usually open on Saturday, it most likely was closed so you had to work today. (And people who have to work all the time, like hospital workers get paid Stat Holiday pay. Ds made $40/hour for working on July 1. That pays over 1/3 of his rent for the month!

For some reason, buses are on Sunday service still so while the stores are open, the buses to the stores aren't running.

Tomorrow everything will be back to normal.

I didn't move much through the day but then did walking club after dinner (pizza) and then came back and walked with dh to the store for me to put a cheque in the ATM and him to pick up more milk.

Then I spent over an hour learning more about my new fitness tracker. It isn't as good as the fitbit but apparently it is more accurate in counting steps. I can't customize stride so distance is funny. I'm showing fewer steps than the fitbit but more distance. Oh well.

There is no silent timer, something I love about the fitbit. I have turned the timer off on that for now and warned dh it won't wake him up in the morning.

We are off to bed now. Or at least after I wash up the dishes. That will take less than 10 minutes.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:44 pm

waving from Tuesday to Cathy.

I need to move a little, or maybe a lot.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”