FRIDAY FINDING FLOORS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FRIDAY FINDING FLOORS

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 am

I remember someone talking about that a couple of weeks ago. How are your floors today? Maybe you have a pile in one corner, or some floors need a dust mop, broom, mop, vacuum? Or all the above?

I'm just sipping my coffee & finishing my breakfast. I've showered & have my shoes on. Need to get out my clothes, dress & do up the dishes. Have a little to PUPA but not bad. Have my cardiologist appointment at 10:30. Bit nervous. Dh had said he'd go with me but sure he forgot. Then DS-A texted him last night to be at his shop in our town at 11:15 for lunch at a nice restaurant. Have no clue what's up. Probably something for the fire department and DS is going as a chief and probably needs a companion. At any rate he told dh to wear something 'decent'. :lol: In other words don't come straight from work to go to McD's. Did ask dh how he planned to go. "Why? Do you have something going?" Uh, yeah -a Dr's appointment at 10:30. DD's bringing her car over for him to drive. Good solution.

I do have to follow my own advice when I get back and 'find some floors'. DD has my carpet sweeper but I do have a vac I can use. A good share of our flooring is vinyl but the edges (always in a RV) are carpeted. Our bedroom is total carpet. How many remember when the 'rage' was to carpet kitchen floors and bathrooms of course?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: FRIDAY FINDING FLOORS

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:50 am

G' morning Dee! I am hoping your cardiologist appt is just perfect today!

I have dcleaning lady coming today so she will get to swiff up the fluffy white dog hair from the floors. I did get a better brush for Muffin this week so hopefully that will help.

Also need to pick up dmom for her to hang out here today. I don't plan to "entertain" her - have things I need to get done also.

I've straightened up MBr and bath and have s2s-ed. I need to have breakfast, spiff up the kitchen and go pick up dmom.

BTW, it's raining again. Last year we were in a drought, this year we're well above average on rainfall.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:14 am

Yes, us too, Twins. Water level last fall was lower than it's ever been. Can't say that now. Although the last few days have been pretty much rain free. I can see the water level going down some. Doesn't take much in an old gravel pit.

G' morning Dee! I am hoping your cardiologist appt is just perfect today!
Me too, Twins, me too. I'm going to reward myself with a frozen coffee from DD afterwards -if everything is A-ok. :? Dh came in and asked, after he realized what appointment I had today, if I wanted him to go with me. Think it's much more important that he go to lunch with our son today. DS-A is always a 'last minute guy' but this is unprecedented, so I'm really glad he's going. As much as I'd like his support alongside me this morning, I can relinquish my time and hope for the best.

I've spiffed up throughout the RV and even got some extras done. Even did up the dishes. Maybe I'll empty the ice trays and by then it will be time to go. Will come back here after the Dr. to see if DD wants to go grocery shopping with me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:17 am

Laindry day here. Did get up early to bit the heatnhave fed hens, watered in back, walked the dog went to the rock exchange. I have had breakfast done my journaling and took out the teash. It is now time to change over the laundry. X Floors are good onward!

I walked the dog around the block so she could see the roofers were not fire works. She is still very skittish espectally at dusk.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:18 am

Twins: maybe you should put a canopy over your tomatoes to protect them from the rain!

Here, many fields have not been planted because it is too wet to get machinery on them. And things are stunted. We had a hail storm last week that ruined the strawberry crop for those hit. It had just begun (was late, normally starts mid-June) so a favourite local farmer of ours lost their whole crop. The corn is barely up at this point. Early corn should be ready last week of July in a really good year. Now I suspect, if it grows, we'll only get it at the end of August. That's a long wait.

It rained here last night and will again today but hopefully not the drenching rains we've been having. I haven't checked the balcony plants yet to see how they are doing or if they want watering. I will replant that tomato plant into a bigger container at some point today.

I think it was I that needed the finding floors day a few weeks ago. I'm pleased to say things are under control in that department and they are even vacuumed (at least they were on Monday!)

The table is back to being an issue but only because I had to lay out all the Stash-N-Dash™ papers from last Thursday (not yesterday - a week ago!) I had to lay them out, not because I wanted to do any paperwork but because the concert tickets were in the pile somewhere!

It was a wonderful evening. There was a children's choir (but they looked to be 12 - 18 years old, not little children) from Newfoundland and they started the concert with three pieces written specifically for a children's choir. One was commissioned by our National Orchestra (The National Arts Centre Orchestra, NACO) for Canada's 150th Anniversary and it was beautiful. Then a Brazillian Indigenous piece, sung without the orchestra. That was incredibly fun. Finally a piece based on Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream about fairies in the night and it was tremendous. The composers of the first and last piece were there so we could show our appreciation for their work with our applause.

After the intermission was Beethoven's Ninth. Ken complained it was too fast. We are still learning to appreciate music beyond "I like this" or "I don't like that" (I still don't like opera!) We have been attending open rehearsals of the NACO and learned that while a musician plays the instrument, the conductor plays the orchestra as if it was an instrument. So that is why the same piece of symphonic music can sound so different when played by the same orchestra but under two different conductors. We have a new conductor and I like him because he is very handsome. But Ken thinks he plays things too fast! The conductor who is considered the best Beethoven conductor (Karajan) also rushes through the music so I think this is a sign our new conductor is good. But when the music is so wonderful, it is easy to wish for him to slow down so you can enjoy the music longer.

For Beethoven's Ninth, the local Ottawa choir joined the children's choir so there were 140 voices and the choral bits brought tears to my eyes.

There is one little bit I don't like in the Ninth (when the 4 soloists each intertwine and go to the top of their ranges, just before the end) but I'm getting more tolerant of it. Again, because he rushed things, that bit (already under 2 minutes) was short. Because it is just before the end, I found a new reason to not like it, it signals the end of the amazing music. Beethoven really was a genius.

Even stopping for froyo on the way home, and both taking time for stretches, we were in bed by 11:15. So it wasn't a very late night. I was so tired on the way to dinner I warned dh that I might be closing my eyes while taking in the music but I was eyes wide open and sitting forward in my seat for most of the performance because I wanted to see everything. We had box seats so had a great view. I think this is the only concert in this year's subsctiption I have put us in a box, but it is worth the extra money for the occasional performance because you see so much better. On the other hand, I think the sound washes over you better when you are sitting on the main floor.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:09 am

Hi everyone!

Floors? Hmmm... Hall? Yes. Living room. Ok. Some cat fur. Kitchen. Ummm.... needs to be swept. Bathroom. Litter box area needs to be swept. Pantry ... only half okay. Library. Lots of books and it hasn't seen or heard the vacuum BUT the cat is sleeping in there right now. Bedroom. Okay except for the laundry basket, which is full of clean clothes.

My excuse is that I need to leave for work in less than an hour. I really want to get the bedroom cleared up. Therefore I will "try" to get it done after work. I might have to go for a swim if it's really too hot out.

Supper. If dh doesn't go fishing with some guys he knows, we will go for Vietnamese. He's craving some "spice". He can get as much heat from spice there as he can handle.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:24 am

Oh my goodness. Dmom was not ready when I got there to pick her up. In fact, she was in bed and was in a lot of pain and none of the aides knew anything about her going out today. Nurse on duty said she hadn't asked for pain meds (I don't think she knew she could?) so gave her pain meds. She had a lot of osteoarthritis although I'm going to ck to be sure she's still taking magnesium oxide - I remember it helps with muscle cramps too. The nurse there was to contact her Nurse practitioner about the pain I commented on how he went back to sit down in the DR. I feel quite witchy right now.

She is so confused and just doesn't remember anything either. Will be a long day here. Muffin was very happy to see her. We forgot to put her watch on and she's missing it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:27 am

Good morning everyone! My floors are beautiful, having been cleaned for the guests of last week. We still have not heard from them about Briggs & Stratton, so it looks like that is a no-go. The floor of my car needs help due to a spill of new cat litter. I have a little more than a week of normal DD15 schedule and then she goes to Canada. She had an exceptionally good night last night - payday => eat at expensive Chinese restaurant, I offered to take her to Social Distortion in September, weekend plan is local amusement park and volunteering at the youth group fundraiser. This weekend is my turn to cook for the youth group. While I normally enjoy this, last time was a fiasco, with the oven dying and having to scramble around frying chicken that was intended to be baked, and getting it on the table just in time. Apparently that was ok, because they want the same thing again! I will skip directly to frying rather than half-baking in a broken oven though. I think I am the only one who actually cooks for them as opposed to things like hamburgers, spaghetti, pizza, sloppy joes, and sandwiches.

Things I got done after she left: LOLs, extreme cat box clean. Tonight is Knitters' Night Out at a yarn shop. I will go and that will get my walk in. Parking is such a problem that I usually walk about a mile to and from. 43 days until my cruise!

<skippable rant>
On dropping off DD at the x's, I found the x and the other woman sitting in the dark watching tv. No surprise, that is where they usually are. I overheard a conversation between her and her son:
Son: I'm going upstairs.
TOW: Movie A is on.
S: I know.
TOW: We could watch Movie B. Don't you want to see Movie B?
S: Not really.
TOW: What about Movie C. Everyone likes C. You have to watch C.
S: I'd rather ...
TOW: Or D! What about D?
S: <Sigh> I'll watch C. Sits down in the dark with all the joy of a teen who has chosen to work on his term paper over studying for a history exam. He wasn't even able to do something fun while completing his obligation, because the lights were off.

Reminded me of a conversation I had with my mother over Christmas, which ended in her saying, "You can't watch nothing!", turning on the tv, and sitting down to make sure I stayed and watched. I would have rather done a term paper as well. Has the American Medical Association come out with guidelines for minimum daily tv requirement? Why is it that people who cannot function without tv think they need to push it on the rest of us?
</skippable rant>

lucylee: I didn't know the Mobile Yacht Club had been around THAT long. Dad has been a member about 25 years. I know the first female member. She chose MYC, because the other club wouldn't even talk to her. The MYC membership person told her there were no women members, but if her father or brother joined she could come whenever she wanted. She pointed out that they lived out of state. Membership guy said, "Oh", and signed her up.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Homeschool Day #13 is done. DS8 focused extremely well this morning so we stopped school earlier than normal.

DH and DS8 went fishing.

Tonight the Friday Night Gang meets at our home. I need to do some prep for it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:25 pm

d twins d mom ((())))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”