SIMPLE SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: SIMPLE SUNDAY

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Morning....

Well everything around here stays very simple when the temps it 117*

Had a horrendous migraine for two days Thur and fri so moved very slow yesterday. Will do the same today.

Twins I was going to sign up for the same workshop but decided to wait for the Historical
society of PA in the spring. All my personal research is concentrated in that area and I believe that one would be more helpful for me.

I am doing research for my sister-in-law and her father who is a sharp 85. I shared some information that confirmed stories he had heard growing up and his response to it was I had told him more about his family in 10!minutes than he had heard in his 85 years.

His grandfather was born in Vienna, Austria but I learned he had a strong PA side which he knew nothing about. In a strange twist of fate my son's 5th generation g-father and his cousin, who is the same age 5th generation g-father lived less than 20 miles from each other in the early 1700's. Two separate family trees so close to each other.

Lucylee.... if I remember correctly the college town condo is less than a mile from the stadium. And since I am familiar with the University, it's hotels and parking situation during a game day I believe staying there makes sense.

Two other thoughts... sounds like your dh needs to feel some control over his life and at this point it may be most important to him right now given his situation. I don't see it so much as giving in to his desires but rather making this point in his life a happy one. Who knows what tomorrow will being and if staying at the condo makes him happy... do it!!!

Also get a handicap parking decal from his doc. He more than qualifies for it and this way you May be able to drive to a special parking area that will get you even closer to the stadium than your condo. That would be a win:win situation for him. Also you might be able to purchase tickets for the handicap area in the stadium...think about it.

My mom is in assistant living at the moment and will be there for a month. This will give her more time to gain her strength before making a final decision about where she will live permanately. My brother and I believe she will never be able to go back to her condo and hope this coming month will help her understand this is where she belongs.

So I am keeping all dates open between now and Labor Day. The good news is both my brother and I are on the same page concerning the care of my mom. The question remains whether at 89.5 years old my mother chooses to fight for a better life or remain as she is.

I have come to terms with both, but it's been a processes. She's always been a fighter,but I also can see how mentally tired she is. She and I made a deal long ago when she was of wound mind that when her time in life came that I would tell her it was ok to let go of this world. She made this her personal request of me. Knowing my mom and seeing the quality of life she is living at the moment it might be time. I always thought that "time"
Would be at her near death, but when review our recent conversations I believe she's she's asking me if this is her time. I "get" what she wants from me, but am willing to give her more time for her to make that decision. She tired and likesnthe attention and care she is receiving at the moment and sees no need to change it. Accepting this will be the hard part for my brother. I've already been through this process three times with Sweeties parents so I find myself having to help my brother adjust to my mom's situation. So therefore I have become a caretaker to him in a sense as well.

Off to get my second cup of coffee... Sadie girls physical health is failing as well. She has lost much of her back legs ability to keep her upright and steady. They tend to fall out from under her and then she ends up sitting and unable to get up. Each day gets worse, but as strange as it seems she gets up every morning happy and smiling. She jumps yes jumps around like a two year pup who can't understand why her back legs won't perform like her front legs. She is in no pain and acts like her old self so we are not ready to end her life, but we know it's coming. Until that time we'll just keep lifting her up when she falls... or slides to a sit... and make her as happy as we always have.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:57 pm

Hello everyone

We're merged now, so posts in the Serene Sunday topic are over here with this one, in order by time. :)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Comments on RR:

Two separate family trees so close to each other.
Some of dmom's ancestors lived in areas close to ddad's ancestors several counties in NE TN and SE TN, following same migration patterns, apparently. They didn't meet until they were both in this city but I think at one time their families had lived in the same house in this city.

She has lost much of her back legs ability to keep her upright and steady.
This was our Macs in his later years. Because he seemed happy otherwise and still wanted to walk, he wore one of these harnesses:
http://helpemup.com/features/ Swimming is also excellent exercise for dogs with weak hindquarters.

DH got home, he also did a cost co run. (P & P called it "Cramco" as I remember. He brought home three more spray bottles of SPF 30 sunscreen. Note that I mostly use sunscreen, and I prefer a lotion sunscreen...)

I am going to nap now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:13 pm

that will be perfect for my dogs! I definitely be perfect for my old dogs
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:15 pm

hi d sunny

hi d rose

hi d harriet

hi d helia

hi d lucy

hi d everyone

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:16 pm

bw2, your dog needs harness also? Dmacs got used to it and would wait to step up with his front feet until I was ready to give the back end a little lift.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:57 pm

Twins... did the harness physically help Mac stay standing orndid you only use the harness when he was down??? I have no problems lifting Sadie to a standing position. She likes to swim sometimes but drinks tons of water when I am with her in the pool.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:35 pm

changed filter, repositioned cleaner scrubber, bleached (still not clear clear but close - putting new filter in is helping)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:06 pm

No idea what happened with me this morning. I looked and didn't see a Sunday post. Started one and went back to the PWYC page to make sure that no one posted while I was posting, then made a comment in my thread. Never saw Dee's post. Thought it was strange no one had posted but just went ahead. I guess my mind saw what it expected.

Thanks for the merger, Harriet.

Service is done and I am home. Still struggling with motivation and energy.

Will drag myself out for another walk. I am trying to get in my steps today by taking breaks. Except I haven't started back on paperwork since coming home. So it is a break after a break.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:07 pm

RR, no, sorry, didn't help keep him on his feet, except to the extent I was supporting him from above. There are also splints that support the lower leg, I don't know if they would help or not. Does he lose his footing on a hardwood floor, or is it weakness in the joint?

I took a mega nap, going now to see dmom for a few minutes.

Return to “Post When You Can”