Moving Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Moving Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:13 am

I am slow in getting moving this morning, at least in part because I have misplaced/lost my little bullet journal. I last had it Sat a.m. at the grocery store. From there I went to drugstore and home. I've checked the car and checked at home, and called the grocery store to see if I left it there. Today will retrace steps to inquire at grocery in person and stop at drugstore too.

Need to get moving....
-s2s
-make bed
-empty dishwasher
-clear kitchen counters
-make a list for the week, rest of month and for today
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:34 am

Morning...

I'm working on my second cup of coffee. See the camels peeking over the hill so I need to make sure they don't advance on me. Dust storms have begun.. oh for joy that will make Lawrence's camels even more egar to pay me a visit.

It's bed changing day and the sheets are dancing in the washer... I refer to it as a "washing machine while Sweetie refers to it as the clothes washer. That makes me laugh.

Temps will climb to 116* or so today... yesterday was 118* I managed to scoot to the grocery store while the clouds were gathering. Anyway I plan to make a trip down the rabbit hole today. It should be cooled down there :D

Dinner is done.. well it was done yesterday in my slow cooker. I am cleaning out my freezer by eating whatever is in there. Think it will take about two weeks to do this and I will need to become creative with my meals.

Will swim later this evening. If I took a bar of soap with me I could call it my evening bath. Willis swims every evening. It's the only way I can exercise him in this heat.

And as silly as it seems, if I wait till it is dark to swim and there is a strong summer wind blowing the water evaporates off of me so fast it makes me really cool. This is the way the Native American stayed cool in the summers years ago. They would water their blankets, wrap it around themselves and let nature work its magic.

Off to start my days... sheets are ready or their next dance in the dryer. Waving to y'all...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:54 am

Went to the Dr. with dh. Thought perhaps the Dr. had been looking at the wrong lab work but I just called to question and no, it was from his labs on July 3rd. I was puzzled by the potassium count which the hospital lab had called the Dr. about a couple of weeks before this lab. His count then was 3.1 and the one he had today (from last week) had only gone up to 3.2. Not very much for being on additional potassium for the last 3 weeks.

Cardiac rehab called me to set up my initial appointment. She thought perhaps this wouldn't be a good week since dh is having surgery tomorrow. Actually it'll save me an extra trip because now I'm going in at 8:30 Wednesday. It's literally less than 1/4 mile from the hospital. Did tell her I had an extraordinary fear of treadmills. Wallah! I don't have to get on one. They'll set me up with an exercise program that bypasses it. But I also asked about dh coming in to use the treadmills once he's well enough to walk. They're a Silver Sneakers facility and he can use his card and go while I'm doing my exercises. It'll cost me $15 each trip but he'll be free. 2 for 1!

I'm waiting for dh to put some old batteries in the car -he's going to take them in. Didn't want them sitting in the barn while he's out of commission. He had to use the golf cart to bring them down and I need it to go do the laundry.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi! I came back here to do June's spreadsheets, but of course had to come here first. Much more fun!

Did today's desk chores yesterday afternoon. So today's time was used looking up an old diet plan. Got that set up to use. It worked last time. :roll:

Caught up on a lot of stuff around here. I'm going to do some decluttering.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:05 pm

My bottom is stuck to this chair, undoubtedly.

-s2s
-make the bed
-start a lol
-figure out supper tonight
-out the door to inquire about my journal/planner.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Dee: the health stars look to be lining up for you in some areas! That's good news.

Dh is home from the dentist and very discouraged. He will need dental implants. So that means off to another dentist for an assessment and estimate. I don't think we'll be cruising in the near future, implants will likely wipe out the travel budget for a year or so. And it is already wiped out into the future since 2017's travel budget is being saved to add 2018's for dh's Antarctic trip and so that means 2019 will be used to pay for the implants. We had budgeted for a cruise every 2 years and the equivalent of 10 days on the ship for other travel every year. Thankfully our upcoming January travel will be almost 100% a business expense and is offset by earning on the trip.

I'm going to have to start working harder at the budgeting end of things instead of just tracking where the money went after the fact. Because of our low income last year, I note there's extra money in one of our bank accounts. We got low-income sales-tax rebate. It is only a few hundred but will pay for our eye appointments on Wednesday which are 'extras'. They say come every 2 years and we were there last summer but both of us have noted a major decrease in our ability to see in the past year. Unfortunately, that means new glasses and those will be another 'day on the ship.' (That's how I count large expenditures.)

I have remade the bed with clean sheets, folded up the two loads of laundry already done, started the dishwasher and started the washer with the sheets. I need to make myself some lunch now.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi everyone!!

I was invited to a Norwex party yesterday. Won a window cloth. I have been going around the house polishing things made of glass and a few windows. Has anyone used any of these products. What do you think?

Spent the morning at the library cross stitching with the Monday group of ladies. Most are ladies. They are all women, but one of them has to make dirty comments about everything. She also wears t shirts with nasty things on them. I try so hard to ignore her. She decided to get up into my face this morning. ~sigh~

I have just over 3 hours before I have to go to work.

Kitchen is clean!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Dh is spending the afternoon quite flustered. First he went to see how his 'helper' is doing dipping/measuring tanks. In 1 1/2 hours he had dipped 2 -TWO!! :shock: There's 190 sites here and other places that need measuring. Helper just 'doesn't get it' on the measuring. Sure dh is out doing some of that this afternoon. His second frustration was when he called the hospital to get his arrival/surgery time: 2:45 to arrive and 4:20 for surgery -tomorrow afternoon. And nothing to eat after midnight tonight. Yi!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Oh my, poor Mr. Dee! That "helper" is not much help, is he? I certainly don't envy him the 14+ hour fast, either. I NEED a 14 hour fast...

And of course, I didn't walk this morning, b/c dh had things to talk to me about and then I had errands to run, so I did start the day MOVING, just not moving in any way that might take any pounds off.

:arrow: DH wants to take dgs to see Cars 3 tonight. That involved calls to ds, waiting for him to talk to ddil, make sure she had no plans, etc etc...
:arrow: Then dh announced that he had washed and capped the container of strawberries, did I want to eat any with him? So yes, but since I added sugar to them, that sorta messed up my morning eating plan and I've spent the rest of the day trying to come out of the sugar ups/downs.
:arrow: S2S...
:arrow: went to
-- drug store, finally got dh's new med approved by insurance, picked that up, and now he thinks it's making him feel "crazy" (after only one pill -- I think he was expecting a miracle. Told him to give it a few days before he attributed any results, good or bad, to the pill.)
-- post office (paid a bill)
-- grocery store (for items Wmart didn't have last night)
-- local farm/fruit stand
:arrow: Duncle called... he is VERY concerned that dmom is "on that medicine again." Well... *(@#%)&*(* -- so am I, but what what you gonna do? DH says I should take it over again and start filling her dispensers again, but I think she is doing that correctly. It's just the pain medicine and doctor has prescribed it, so if I filled it, I'd have to leave her as much as he has prescribed. Doctor did not seem to think she should expect to be pain free at this point. So I told duncle (and dh) if she starts taking too much of it again, her rx will run out and then it will be between her and the doctor. * sigh *
Dmom TOLD duncle on the phone that she had just taken her pain pill, and she knew she wasn't making a lot of sense. * sigh *
:arrow: home -- doing laundry

Now dh feels terrible again -- after waking up feeling amazingly wonderful. It is so up and down around here...

And have not even called dmom... I just don't feel like dealing with it all today...

Cathy... wow... grown woman doing cross stitch, acting like that... who would have thought?
I have never heard of Norwex. Will have to google that.

(((Ken in Canada))) Oh no... I am so sorry about his dental situation. Besides the pain, the time and money involved in it. (((HUGS)))

Hope you've found your journal by now, Twins!

Harmony, what is the new-old diet plan?

Night time swim sounds so nice, Rose.

Waving to blessed! And ANYONE else I may have missed!

Must go flip flop laundry...
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:00 pm

I have been chillaxing today. H is off work now. Painted some rocks fed the hens collected eggs.

Return to “Post When You Can”