Moving Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Moving Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Ok, got all my steps in today but little else done.

I made a wonderful dinner, though. Dh and I went for a walk for a milk bag opener. I want a special one so went to the fancy kitchen shop but it wasn't special enough so we went and got milk and a tomato for dinner. I had started to defrost a chicken and put the oven on delay start so it was heated up when we got home. I made 'beer can' chicken with cranberry gingerale, and a celery, tomato and onion salad (mimicking a German recipe we like but using the dressing from Danish Cucumber salad), garlic bread and corn on the cob. Ds showed up and he had to have frozen corn (I only had two cobs) but aside from that there was enough for him.

Ds and I did walking club. My new tracker failed to take my pulse which is OK but it also crashed and was stuck on pulse taking mode. It wouldn't shut off or reset. The battery was below 50% by the time I finally reset by plugging it in to charge. It works fine now but I feel I can't trust it. When we got home ds said we had walked much faster than he expected. He had to work to keep up because he was in flip-flops.

He is off tomorrow to look at another property, quite close to MF. So I emailed MF to see if he was around for coffee or lunch tomorrow. If so, I'll drive up and explore the property with ds and a friend. If not, I'll stay home and be responsible.

I am working on the service for Sunday now and looking ahead as well. I have the service done for the following week (will reuse the service from 3 years ago) but will have to write a new sermon.

I also have to look ahead to the two services I'm doing for MF. So I have lots of work to do on that plus I'm still struggling to get my paperwork started. I did get Quicken updated but I have a ton of reconciliations to do.

Harmony

Re: Moving Monday

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:31 am

Lucylee, old/new diet plan... not so very scientific. Master list of calories of the things I tend to eat over and over all on one page, and a chart of what to eat: veggies, fruit, grains, fats, protein... and spots for each... so its easy to keep track of calories in each box (per day). Supposed to be a high fiber diet if I follow it exactly.

I lost 12 pounds doing it last time.

Of course, the first day or two is always a challenge as I learn new things (each time I go on a diet I tend to learn again how to do it.) Know after today I need to save more calories for the evening. I can skimp during the day but not in the evening. Also need to make my low-calorie drink as I'm thirstier now without so much coffee...and going to the soda bottle is not diet worthy. Day 2 will be easier.

I just know that when I've tried to change my diet following some plan like low/no carb etc., that it's too drastically different and I won't stick to it. First off it's too time consuming to figure it out or too much time cooking or shopping... this one is easier, just my normal foods in smaller portions. Not unlike WW except I'm not counting points.

Got the mail in and did tomorrow's desk chores this evening. Bank statement to reconcile took a while. Helped DH out in the shop. Long trip out this afternoon, went to the library and it was raining so hard I had to sit in the car for a long while. I had an umbrella but there was a lot of lightning. Then stopped to put gas in the car and they'd had a power outage and the computers which operate the pumps were resetting and that took about 25 minutes. So a long time out for just 2 chores. Still, it was good to get away...DH was driving me crazy with phone calls and conversations about this job and that, making me super stressed / nervous. I snuck out the back door while he had a customer here.

Time for bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”