TUESDAY TOURS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: TUESDAY TOURS

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:33 pm

BoyM Goes up Wed. a travel day for implant hook up gets it Thurs. (I think) they are going to do before and after videos. I do not see him for 2 weeks however.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Dinner is done and dh even cleaned up for me. The dishwasher is running now.

I've watered plants inside and out. The setting sun will affect my desk in a few minutes so I need to get another round of reconciliation done.

Ds came over just as we were serving dinner but there was no food for him tonight! He picked up the multi-meter for a car project and let me know that the property was not suitable. It was quite hilly, plus the wetlands (some 45% of the land) made the bugs unbearable. I asked if they were able to hike to the river and he said that was another thing... the river is 30' below the "shoreline" so not usable. But yes, the views were nice!

So he's back to looking again. This one was about $1100 an acre which was as low as he can find. But useful acreage costs 3 to 4x as much. This was $190K but he had 2 other friends willing to consider buying it with him or bits off him. One is looking for a 60 acre wood lot. Ds is looking for woods to hike, run, train in, so they are compatible uses. The river frontage on this lot was just a bonus which turned out to look better on the satellite photo than in real life! It is an excellent year to look for acreage because everything is flooded. It is hard to imagine that land would be any worse in another year so if it will do this year, it will always do.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:11 pm

I'm finally home from the hospital. Dh's surgery went well. Dr. was able to inject cortisone deep into his shoulder as well. He was showing off (for as awake as he was) how he could lift his arm. Told him not to overdo it. They'll get him up and walk him at least a few steps tonight. Tomorrow I have cardiac rehab at 8:30 and then I'll go over to the hospital for a few hours. He has rehab at 9:15 & 12:15. He was only able to get a meatloaf Healthy Choice frozen dinner for supper as they couldn't call down for anything after 7pm. At least I got home before dark and I'm heading to bed in a moment. Have to be up and at 'em early tomorrow. Thanks for thoughts & prayers.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

helia

Postby helia » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Cathy S, you are not to blame! I just read your post more thoroughly. You're not forcing him to eat the food. You do have some good ideas!
So glad the surgery went well, Dee!

These tests are proving to be more of a bear to grade than I had originally expected. I'm giving partial credit on some items, and I'm trying to be consistent and fair with everyone. Some of the students didn't read directions carefully, even though I told them on Friday exactly the sorts of questions they'd be asked. And some of them are coming up with pretty creative answers that are throwing me off. . . Scores are generally good so far, so I'm relatively pleased. I think one student failed it. And one student got 102% with some extra credit. The majority so far are in the 80 - 95% range.

OK, I'm going to finish the last few. . .

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Glad I stayed up to see Dee's post!

I still have to brush my teeth and wash my face but aside from that I'm ready for bed.

Finished the credit card account reconciliation. Still have the bank accounts to do but that can wait for the morning.

Dh went to bed an hour ago. I'm hoping by staying up I'll be able to avoid a trip to the washroom in the middle of the night.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:51 pm

re milk in bags
There used to be milk sold in 1L bags ?some decades ago? here. My dks were young so maybe 30 years ago or so. Note - this is past tense.
too bad if you didn't have the jug designed for the bags, or it fell over, or the bag leaked.
I had a frozen bag of stock leak when I defrosted it so I've given up on that idea. Commiserations to Cathy.

Right now the discussion is how to reduce plastics that are hard to recycle,
Zero waste / rubbish / trash being the official target.

Prayers for a good recovery for Mr Dee, and successful rehab for Dee.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Late check-in today… it’s been a long day. DH & DS sang at nursing home… then we were home about an hour and ds brought both grands back for an hour and a half… which turned into THREE hours… which would have been fine, but after being out all day anyway, dh was just about at his breaking point and that made me edgy… and we were certainly glad to have the house back to ourselves after they left. * whew *

I have not fully cuop yet, but I am LOVING this!!!
LadyM:
I live in a state that has a strong passion for our 2 universities and both sides are a bit crazy (IMHO). However, I had no clue the depth that rival state university can be until I started working with a company based in Alabama.

And Elizabeth:
What? Not all places are as obsessed with football as we are in Alabama? Here are the first three questions a kid asks a new kid: what's your name, how old are you, and who are you for. The latter is expected to be answered Auburn (yeah!) or Alabama (boo!). We did not know what to make of Pam who said "University of Pennsylvania". War Eagle was probably my third or fourth word.

YES. YES.
That is how it is. Absolutely.
My dcousin’s 7 year old CRIED when her uncle got her baby sister to say “Roll Tide.”

There is a VERY slim possibility that ds will be able to make the game in question and I will be free to go to the wedding… but it is a VERY slim possibility. If it does not work out, I will just explain the situation to dcousins and daunt and hope for the best.

Tour around the house?
Nope, haven’t had time.
I guess it is my turn to rant? (Again.) :oops:
* sheesh * Took a tour around ds’s living room/kitchen area (plus carport/patio) and I just have to keep repeating to myself, “I could have worse problems, I could have worse problems…”
Rose said --
Since my home is usually "guest ready" I had no problem doing it. Thank goodness for my routines.
– and although my own floors aren’t always vacuumed and my furniture isn’t always dusted, at least I don’t have to cringe when someone comes to the door. Our house is generally neat and organized.
Why oh why can ds/ddil GTAT like this?
:!: And THEN ddil tells me tonight that she is planning to take a college course 2 nights a week when the fall semester starts PLUS yoga on Monday nights… shaking my head… and if she's working as much then as she is now during the days... well, ds will basically be a single parent all week, and then she will be all weekend. I just do NOT know how they are going to manage.
I told dh, after all that, when it’s time to for us to go to college town, she’s going to say, “Oh, I want (dgs) to stay home this weekend b/c I haven’t seen him all week,” and dh is going to just have a complete come apart b/c – as he just said – “The whole reason I’m insisting on keeping this condo open is so we can spend weekends there w/dgs!”
* sigh*
Not to even mention when they might clean house if she is gone 4 nights a week (counting church Wed) and ds is gone the other 3?
And not to mention where they might get the $$ for her to go back to school... (certainly not from us at this point).
* shaking my head * shaking my head * shaking my head like a bobble head dog on the dashboard...

Waving to LynleeHarmonyNancyHarrietCathy

So glad you are all cleared for cardiac rehab, Dee! I had hoped this would be what dh was going to be signed on for, but no, his “rehab clinic” is mostly just a check-up/pit stop sort of thing. They check his bp/heart rate, do lab work, and usually make some sort of change to his meds that gets him off balance again for the coming week or so.
Sooo glad surgery went well for Mr. Dee!

I have to go shopping for dd olders b day without money ;) I will have to put it on the charge card :x
Yep… I know the feeling, blessed

LadyM, I certainly know what you mean about these parties multiplying. And btw, the cousins I mentioned – I think most of my last few invitations to their house have been for parties. At least 3 out of the last 4 or 5. Here it is Thirty-One and Pink Zebra.

:!: And now… at approx 10:00 pm.. dmom has called to tell me she thinks she is okay, but she fell AGAIN, this time while HOLDING ON TO HER WALKER. How does this even happen??? She does not know. At least Life Alert did not go off, so it must not have been a hard or sudden fall. Good grief. Oh my goodness, how I need to get her moved out here closer to me. She doesn’t THINK I need to come out there, but maybe I should call her in an hour or so? She is calling now to say she bandaged her elbow and she thinks she is okay. Oh, and Life Alert DID go off, but she was able to speak to them and tell them she was okay. She may call family doctor tomorrow. And she will definitely tell PT tomorrow... And no, she had not had pain pill since about 4:00 pm.
Good grief…
I swear, y'all... I am not far from running away from home... If I don't take myself to the beach, I may be headed NE any day now...
;)

So hoping that Ken gets some relief soon with that tooth.

WTG, Harriet, on completing the class!

And WTG, Dee on the decluttering!

Planning for fun in the day.
Hmmm… THAT would certainly be a novel approach to things around here.

(((LadyM))) – I am so sorry things didn’t work out with this guy. I just can’t even imagine the stress you go through because of all this with your dd, and the worrying about her and your dgd. Again, as I have said so many times, I have to tell you how inspired I am by the way you handle all this, and the many many ways you are a blessing to these two children will be beyond words.

Hooray for finding the lost journal, Twins.

(((Helia))) for coming of “empty-nest syndrome.”
BTW, I have given tests like that – that when I started grading, I’d think, “hmmm… why did I give THIS kind of test?” b/c it was so hard to grade. My mentor/former teacher always said essay tests were EASIER to grade, but I’m not so sure. Too much room for over-thinking on my part. “Well, this IS kinda right… but they didn’t say ___... but they DID say…”

just start and the overwhelmed feeling will be diminishing by a sense of accomplishment.
Such wise words, LadyM, but I’m not sure how to apply them to the overwhelmed feeling I have b/c of dmom/dh/dgrands/ddil…
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:24 am

court news in j & c ...
I am watching the Tudors on net flicks.
Felt puny this evening seem better now.

Return to “Post When You Can”