FILING FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: FILING FRIDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Make your own pizzas was declared a success at lunch today. Although we did have a "weird" pizza IMHO. DGS21 fixed his pizza to be totally different. He bypassed the pizza sauce, 3 kinds of meat and multiple chopped vegetables....instead he went to the counter where I had the salad and fixings and got the bottle of Ranch Dressing. He took it over to the counter where the pizza toppers were and spread Ranch Dressing all over his pizza crust and then covered it with shredded mozzarella cheese. I like Ranch Dressing but that pizza just looked wrong! I said something like "Are you sure you want to do that?" and several agreed with him that "Ranch Dressing makes everything better" >>>>shrugging shoulders<<<<< apparently I don't have good taste. :)

After lunch DGS21 and I went to 2 dog pounds. THANKFULLY they didn't have anything for him. One of the pounds was totally empty and the other one only had big dogs.

After DS8 and DGD6 woke up from their naps, I took them swimming. They are now outside playing with water balloons. DD gave DS8 100 water ballons. *sigh* I don't mind the water balloons, but I do mind the 100+ pieces of busted balloons all over the yard. I'm sure the little darlings will pick every one of them up........ :roll:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:54 pm

My weekend has begun h is home kidN has left. It is too hot to eat do have time to come up with a meal plan for this evening.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:08 pm

lol re water balloons being picked up by the dear children :D d lady glad pizza time was fun

have a relaxing evening d nancy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Don't you hate it when somebody else in the household was right about something... ...

HRH was right ... sigh... when he said he wished I'd have gotten an appt with the man, instead of the woman who may or may not be retiring. She is just not someone with whom I do well. She is very opinionated and most opinions seem to be that patients listen to doctors and that's that. Harmony, have I found your dr?

I really see her good qualities and we had some moments of laughter. Both her adult daughters are vegetarians, so she could be someone I could talk to about that. But she makes a lot of decisions without listening. I really need her to listen. She never asked about recent concerns, even those on the screen of computer. Also I guess there was a time limit because she said she had to end the appt when I still had questions. I wanted to tell about my hip pain, but never got a chance - never dawned on me I wouldn't have gotten that discussed and on the record today. For what it's worth, the medical assistant who took my vitals didn't think it was a big deal. sigh. Vitals were all about the same.

Phlebotomist said the blood work results would be online this evening, but they're not so far. In fact, they did pop up but as " pending " for another 24 hours. A couple things that I was told were ordered aren't listed. sigh. Probably forgotten.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Harriet: sorry your appointment was less than satisfactory. I'll try not to use that as a reason to put off booking my appointment!

I don't think the filing is going well. Neither is the diet. I'm over again today and this time would have off-set most of it with exercise but never got a walk in. Dh proposed one after his movie but it was sort-of raining and while the rain was to go away, it never did and we ended up not going out.

Got startled by bad thunder this evening and I can hear it pouring down now so it didn't get better.

Vacuuming (except office) is done as is washing the kitchen floor (high, high, priority.)

Papers are getting lower but I'm having real trouble focusing.

Got a hold of dd and we booked 8 days from now for my babysitting gig. It will be here. She'll start in early coming before his afternoon nap and then leaving shortly after since he's usually good for 3 hours at that point. He'll sleep on the floor on our exercise mats in the spare bedroom. I had talked about child proofing at one point and she said it wouldn't be necessary for a long time since he'll never be left unsupervised. Now she has him sleeping on the floor. He is slightly mobile (not crawling yet but who knows in a week) and so the place I'll put him is blocked on three sides and I can safety proof that area. We should hear him if he starts moving around and can stop him before he gets around the bed and into trouble. Under the bed is crowded with boxes so he can't go under.

We discussed the wedding in September and she wants to go but realizes someone will miss out on dinner if we are trading off babysitting and it is expensive and so she's on the fence. My reservations can be cancelled so we can wait longer. She asked which days worked for going for a hair appointment and I gave her two dates. She called back to say her stylist is going on maternity leave next week but she can have an appointment for tomorrow. So I will meet her there and babysit while she has her appointment. Her hair hasn't been cut for 10 months now. We all go to the same salon so it will be fun to show off the baby and then I'll take him for a walk downtown.

My service and sermon are still undone. Dh came to say he was going to bed and I wasn't expecting that (he had asked if he could work late this evening.) So now I'm scrambling to finish the filing.

While I haven't tackled the original filing pile, I have worked hard to reduce the other piles. If I could focus, I think I'd be ready to go to bed in a hour assuming I don't want to try the service/sermon. Leaving that to tomorrow is tricky especially since my morning is now shot. Oh well. What will be, will be.

Edited to add: the original filing pile has been filed. The dining table now just has two current magazines and a note pad on it. My desk is almost clear, just some notes about the NFs phone account and my exercise chart.

So much progress taming paperwork. It isn't done but it is filed in a hanging folders with each to-do in separate folders. The goal is to pull out a folder at a time and do it. The folders have sticky notes instead of labels so as an item is done, the note will be pulled off, the empty folder put in the back ready to use for the next to-do item.

We'll see how this works as a method. I'm leaving the filing frame on the floor next to my desk. It can be tucked away if necessary in the music cabinet but I want to leave it in sight so I don't forget all I have to do.

Return to “Post When You Can”