FILING FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: FILING FRIDAY

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Well, PHOOEY! I thought the serger repair person was going to be in THIS Friday, turns out it is next Friday. I'm glad I called first. (No that was not one of my DPCs from the last post, there are still 4 to go). I am so disappointed, I really wanted to get that taken care of.

I'm hungry. I'm going to lunch. No I shouldn't budget-wise, but I am.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Sitting down for a break. While DS8 was doing Teaching Textbook (Math) this morning I made up a double batch of pizza dough. While he was doing science (video) I made out the dough into 8 pizzas and pre-baked them. I have the pizza topping ingredients ready and everyone will choose what toppings they want on their pizza. It shouldn't take long for the pizzas to finish baking because everything is pre-cooked. Basically just need to melt the cheese on top. There will be 7 here for lunch so 7 pizzas to finish baking in the oven. I hope I am not overly optimistic and this idea will work.

I am holding my tongue on DGS21 getting another dog. He lives in a very small apartment and works all day. He already has a cat but wants another dog too. His last two dogs chewed things up while he was at work and basically destroyed his furniture. Why does he think another dog will be different? A bored animal will find something to do. Okay. I said my opinion here so I have no need to say it to him....unless he asks. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:19 pm

d elizabeth sorry your serger won't be fixed for a week and that you had to pay the $1k - not cheap.

I did one hour of important paperwork - thank goodness I did as the insurance cards came in and he didn't open the envelopes -
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:26 pm

my french is falling behind - I haven't had class for 2 weeks and it shows that it. I haven't been working on it
my motor boat lesson is next week depending on weather. It out of my comfort zone as its a soft sided hard bottom RIB and lake michigan. I like a challenge - I have to remember that lol

using timer to keep focused. :shock: my focus looks like this :lol: :D

d lady enjoy your break! I think that will work out great! sounds delicious.totally agree re dogs and boredom - its hard to keep quiet when you can see that it may cause more problems for him and he can't see it. I have that here with pets - I love love love dogs but after having 7 animals bc we had three put on us that was it. I say no to anyone re: animals they want to give me or dd's want to bring home. 8-)

happy fling day d nancy

hi d twins! best wishes with your day d twins

hi d lynn

hi d kathryn

hi d dee

and anyone else I am missing this afternoon

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Sorry I took so long to check in today. I've been busy filing.

Not!

Got out of bed by 8, got moving right away because I knew we had to leave around 9:30 for a movie. Dd had emailed saying she was lousy at email so could we try a phone call or visit to make plans. So I texted that we'd be in her end of town after noon and could we drop by. Nope, she had strollercize.

Ate breakfast, refilled vitamins, realized we are out of C & D's, went to the movie also got the bedroom tidied. My hair was dry but not styles so it is a bit wild. I swear I used to have straight hair, now I have this frizzy mess a lot of the time.

Settled in to watch the movie. I've been listening to my preaching podcast, finished making notes and was reading them over trying to order them into a sermon to write tonight. Voice from the back of the theatre - "We're sorry, the projector is broken, there will be no movie. We are handing out passes for a free movie and, of course, you'll get your tickets refunded."

I text dd to say we are able to come over immediately, dh gets our passes (3 because the manager likes dh a lot) and money back. Plus the assurance we can come back later in the day and he'll let us into any movie we want for free. This happens to dh all the time. He pays attention to people who are there to serve him and treats them well, as human beings, learning their stories and they often return that attention with better customer service if something goes wrong. Of, in my case, the admonition "I'm glad to see you came with him to a movie today - he is sad when he has to come by himself!"

Dd got back to me. While the strollercize was at the mall we were at, she didn't want to meet up with me to make plans for her anniversary and will call me this afternoon.

So dh and I went to WM to get bras for me and then to Tim's for lunch and I dropped him at the theatre and he'll come home by bus. He's watching the Mummy which frees up next Tuesday so we can go together at any time in the day.

Friday afternoons are the best time for a movie for him since it is already end of business for NZ, Australia and Europe so his clients aren't as likely to be calling him. Mornings are the second best time because NZ and AU aren't awake until about 3.

I went to another WM looking for Vitamin C (both were sold out, you can tell lots of people have been sick with the crud this year) and then came home.

Power on my computer and see I should be filing!

A lot of the paperwork got done this week so there's a pile to be put away. That reminds me, I must start my scanning project soon. Maybe I'll scan a few years this afternoon so I can empty some of the files which are bulging.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:47 pm

I vacuumed living room, have tossed the stuff that the vacum picked up. So 2 rooms have been rescued.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Not filing here, either. :roll: Don't really have anything urgent that has to be filed -- dh takes care of all that, and he has some crazy system. We have excess kitchen cabinets, and he has stuff in particular cabinets and drawers. I have to look in every place if I need to find something, but he knows where everything is. That's one of those "choose my battle" things.

Kathryn, I know it must be frustrating when your dd is hard to pin down for a face-to-face talk. (((HUGS)))

Oh -- movies -- we went to to see The Beguiled last night. It is kinda weird... but we liked it. It's a remake (or re-telling, I've read) of a 1971 Clint Eastwood movie of the same name. Southern women take in injured Yankee deserter during Civil War. This one stars Nicole Kidman.

I'm right now texting w/ddil re: a gift for baby shower we both should go to Sunday. It's for one of dgs's Wed. night teachers at church -- well, for her ddil. And it is at my old church, where the inlaws go to church. I do not have "texting" enabled on my phone, but I can do "iMessages" w/other iPhone users. So it works good for ds & ddil.
Also had to call ds to see what time he was bringing dgrands this afternoon, so we could plan our day. (That was a real voice-call, but very quick.)
DH said he would ride with me and sit with dgrands in car while I run errands.

Now -- I've got a L*ST! :D
5x5? Hmmm... looks like a little more than that... :roll:
[ ] s2s, morning routine, exercise/walk away the pounds
[ ] dust? (DDIL bday party tonight -- I would hate for dbil or dniece to notice they could autograph the furniture in the dust...)
[ ] dgrands arrive 3:30-3:45
[ ] gift shop for baby gift
[ ] fill up car (dh said we needed to do it while we were out, for trip tomorrow w/ds)
[ ] drug store
[ ] bank
[ ] Wmart, pick up cake/etc for ddil's birthday tonight

Be safe on that water, blessed!
Hope all goes well with your dd, also!

Oh, (((Elizabeth)))... that is aggravating!
Hmmm... I haven't cleaned any closet floors. I haven't cleaned ANY floors, actually. :oops: But WTG to you for getting yours done!

Holding your tongue on the dog, LadyM... like I keep trying to hold my tongue on the clutter and disarray at ds's house.
I actually asked him if he was going to put the cardboard from the trampoline in a burn pile -- he's had those huge boxes piled behind his carport for over 2 weeks, they've been rained on, they're just a mess -- and he said: "No, I'm going to just put them in the trash when I get a chance." Hmmm... well, they've picked up trash at least twice since he emptied them... * sheesh *

WTG on your walking, also, LadyM!

I'm sure I could find a bunch of stuff to fling if I could take time, Nancy. WTG! I definitely need to join you with the vacuum, too.

Waving to ALL!!! I feel so badly when I'm unable to respond to everyone and I'm just grabbing a minute here and there at the computer -- but I know you ladies understand. You are ALL in my thoughts and I hope you ALL have a great Friday!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:43 pm

I needed to rest but didn't sleep - yay - I am working at it
my eating is bad and I have to get control again because when I eat bad I don't walk :? I have to start seeing this as a challenge - as i like challenges in learning

hi d kathryn and d lucy

another cousin from france wrote me - tickled pink - he is a cousin whom is a brother of a dear young cousin who lives in the west of france.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:19 pm

Must make this a quick post.

This AM early I helped DH load all those interior doors they painted yesterday into big truck and took him to job. He rode in the back in a beach chair so he could keep the doors from slamming around. We carried them all into her house.

Made a phone call to my friend to ask about her ear appointment. We were both going a day apart. She is getting a hearing aid. $1700. For one. Yikes.

Made another phone call to dr. office but they are closed Fridays. Called county office for something. Took paperwork to other county office and asked about fees there. None due. Happy 'bout that.

Got groceries on the way home.

Outa here. My tummy doesn't like having a nice big tossed salad every day. Pfffft for good diets. :cry:

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:01 pm

HA!!! Finished those DPCs and threw away the list!
DPC 08 - converted to an email instead and sent
DPC 09 - found out my xFIL is my 3rd party contact on my long term care policy. So long as he is able, he would do the right thing by calling my parents if he were contacted. However, I changed it to my parents why have a middle man? I thought I was calling to update my parents' address.
DPC 10 - called insurance to update my PCP. My old one retired. Turns out I don't need to have a registered PCP, so I left it blank so it is easier to see anyone.
DPC 11 - phone tag! She's it!

Got done lotsa payroll stuff too. After getting cat food and signing the x's document, I may look for a bathing suit and return to the never-ending quest to find brown pants. Then my usual Friday stuff, with FILING!

Return to “Post When You Can”