SIMILAR SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SIMILAR SUNDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:35 am

Yesterday was "SATISFACTORY SATURDAY". Can we make today 'similar' to yesterday? For me that would mean moving a lot. Have to go to town this morning for birthday cards. Usually do that ahead ;)

I'm up, s2s, meds & breakfast done, bed made. Still have to do my hair. Was going to shampoo but think I'll wait till tomorrow for that.

Dh is doing a little better but of course probably overdid yesterday a tad. I slept fabulously. Think I only got up once & right back to sleep.

Dneighbors helped me move our grill (off the deck), the deck bin (to the back end of the deck), and took our sunscreen home to pressure wash it. (Actually they did all the moving & carrying). But I don't think we'll get the sunscreen back for a couple of weeks. I remember her saying last night that they'd put all their Christmas decorations (for Christmas in July which is next weekend) from the shed to under their bed and that they wouldn't be out next weekend. That's okay -we haven't had it on since we changed campers in 2011. Guess 2 more weeks won't make much difference.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: SIMILAR SUNDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:45 am

so happy you feel better and slept wonderfully d dee!!!!!!!!! have a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:20 am

I've had a good start to my day. I did my early morning walk and found 7 decorated rocks. Hunting and hiding the rocks makes the walking time seem like only a couple minutes. I totally enjoy the adventure of hunting for the hidden decorated rocks, taking pictures of them, posting to our local FB rock group and then hiding them for the next person to find. Who knew something so simple would bring such enjoyment?

DS8 slept walked again last night. I woke up around 2am when he got up and went the bathroom, turned the light on and closed the door. I needed to use the bathroom so went to a different bathroom. When I came back I found DS8 still in the bathroom with the light on. He didn't need to use the bathroom but had just gone there for ?? reason. He was just sitting there fully clothed. I put him in bed with us so I would be sure to wake up if DS8 slept walked again.

DH woke up with a fever so we are staying home from church today.

Since I have unexpected free time, I decided to do some bulk cooking. I am currently in the process of ....
** browning 8 lbs of hamburger meat. I will package them in meal size portions so i can pull meat out of the freezer and use it within a couple minutes.
** BBQ pork ribs (4.5 lbs)
** 4 lbs of pork sirloin steaks being grilled
** 4 lbs of chicken breasts being grilled with BBQ sauce
** 2 lbs of pinto beans are soaking and a ham hock thawing to cook with them.

Yesterday I had a wonderful, awesome, amazing 8 hours all to myself. I wasn't by myself but I had no responsibility to take care of anyone else. (DH kept DS8 and DGD6). I met with some friends to quilt. I am soooooooooo rusty with the whole sewing/quilting things that it took me most of the time to just get up to speed with the basics. We had an extremely experienced & talented seamstress & quilter that came to help and answer questions. It was like having a personal trainer! Although I was the beginner of the group and had very little to show for my time, I enjoyed myself immensely. They gave me many MANY tips and tricks of what to use, where to get it and how to start. I felt like a sponge just soaking their knowledge up. I used their recommendations and took myself to a JAnn store and bought material to make a quilt. They not only told me what to buy but also how to get % off. Using their knowledge I save over 60% on my material for a quilt. My 40 year old sewing machine is marginal but it doesn't take much more than a straight stitch to begin making a quilt. I have their recommendations of what I can do to make this sewing machine work smoother. They do not recommend getting a new machine until this one is "worn out". :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:34 am

I am concerned with my sewing machine as well. LM.
Smoke in our area today being outside is not so much fun breeze is helping to clear it out. I need to pay attn. to inside things will be a good thing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:16 pm

stay safe d nancy... hoping the smoke is a neighbour burning something and nothing dangerous

hi d lady great idea about prepping today and I hope your dh feels better

my 7/9 layer dip (bean dip/guacamole/sour cream dip/ mexican cheese/cilantro/jalapeño/tomato/green onions/black olives is done and in refrigerator 3/4 reg 7 layer mexican dip/other 1/4 added chorizo and poblano to that side - I was going to add roasted corn but I think I want to see if the chorizo goes over well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Posting from lunch. Need to find a place to kill time before our next service.

The day is going satisfactorily so far.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm stuck and can't remember what the name is for the folded piece of paper that contains small lists. Modjog? No, that's not it.....Mod something?

All the bulk cooking foods (except for the beans) are cooked, packaged into individual meals and frozen. The beans are still soaking so I will cook them in about an hour.

The lady that does the church sound system txt that she will be gone next week. I have done the sound system twice so I'm still a newbie but I think I can do it. However, she then txt and said she changed the pastor to a wireless lapel mic today (was using a wireless mic that he held in his hand). I will be holding my breath on doing that. Our pastor is constantly moving so I hope it stays put. I'm thinking baling wire, duct tape and glue gun might be needed. :)
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:43 pm

PocketMod!! I found the name and discussion.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Life is satisfactory here as well. I am considering today recovery from hosting a houseful of dh's Rotary people yesterday for a cookout. We provided some appetizers, fruit salad, burgers and dogs, and sides and dessert were brought. I ate and drank things I shouldn't but that was my expectation. I don't think I can cut out sugar, white wheat et al altogether at this point in my life. Had several brownies but only a taste of homemade ice cream and no chocolate cookies. Had a burger with a bun and a bit of baked beans that include sugar. Didn't partake of pasta salad or potato salad.

Walked w dfriend M after people left last night - she had been to a bd party so we discussed our "sins."

I skipped walking ddog around the block this morning. I didn't get up until 10 a.m., and had gone to bed around 10:30 last night. My back was hurting after all the prep and spiffing the house up yesterday. And it was already hot and muggy this morning.

Am doing some genealogy this afternoon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:15 pm

2 big fires in the area from dry lightening one 2,500 acres the other sparks from a power pole not quite half that size yet. Smoke blew out this morning seems to settle in overnite. sigh.

Back from a store run.
I got a dead tree branch down & out of the tree in back yard from neighbors tree that hangs over the fence. H is hetting ready to grill.

Return to “Post When You Can”