MONDAY MANEUVERING

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: MONDAY MANEUVERING

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 pm

I am coming back through here at home. The funeral was for the guy who died while in Russia, and he didn't get here in time for his own funeral. :o (Was stuck in ATL last night.) So we go back at 5 p.m. for the burial at the cemetery, followed by a meal and shiva at the temple. I went to P ublix and ordered a cheese tray - I thought dh had done it and they really want 24 hours notice but I am picking it up at six p.m., right after leaving the burial.

Kind of feels like I might as well just take the rest of the day off now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:55 pm

I have more laundry going now. Walked with rhe ddog, it helped me to get out of a mood, I filled the water bottles and made 2 dpc glad they are done. cleaned sinks & loaded the dishwasher.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Just got off the phone with traveling companion M. Traveling companion H will not be joining us, she feels lousy after just 15 minutes out of the house. Her daughter is looking after her, so medically, everything will go as well as it can. M talked to the cruise representative we have been dealing with. H will get all her money back and M and I won't owe anything else. M is not sure about the latter, she doesn't think the cruise company will like getting paid for two people in a three person cabin. If they want to move us, I am ok with that. It's an inside cabin with nothing fancy. The only "special" thing about it was that we were close to the elevator so H would not have to walk too far.

I've been working on an application for aid report. It's going ok, but slow. Now, I'm sad. I was hoping to visit M in summer of 2018, but (a) no guarantee the finances will work out and (b) H may not be around then.

31 days until I leave for Hawaii.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Hello!
I am maneuvering to get out of jury duty today -- (((Nancy))) -- have you heard any more from yours?
I first thought, no, there's no way I can get out of this, but I was on the phone with duncle when dh came in with the summons, and duncle said I should call and tell them I have dmom/dh/dgrands ALL needing me for doctor visits, plus babysitting and I am IT for everyone. Dh thinks they will say they have certainly heard THAT before, but I did call and leave a message, and they are supposed to call me back.

I am also maneuvering to get my s2s before dgrands arrive today, and then I will take them to meet dmom at grocery store.
She has a doctor's appt at 4:00. Then she wants to buy her own groceries, but she's not sure of her strength -- so we're going to join her and just see what she can do.

JOY -- Dh slept GREAT last night!!! Almost 8 unbroken hours!!!
He feels like a new man.
Since HE is having a "normal" day, I have started well:
-- s/s baths
-- stripped bed, sheets washed & in dryer
-- 2nd load of laundry in washer

Waiting to hear from ds re: dgs's reaction to swimming lessons...
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:50 pm

I guess I'm maneuvering well. I'm certainly going at high speed!

Up at 6:15. Nowhere near enough rest but I knew I wouldn't get good quality sleep so I gave up and got up.

Got my bullet journal started for the week, unloaded the dishwasher and dish rack (both fully loaded) and opened the mail from Friday. Still have to file a little bit of it.

Tidied my purse and prepped it for going out this morning.

Stripped and remade the bed, did the load of laundry (except fold and put away) and got dressed.

It was time to leave for the movie at that point. We saw Beauty and the Beast and it was a visually gorgeous film and of course great music an story but I'm not sure how I feel about CGI films being used to tell a story instead of animation. I feel it takes a bit of the suspension of believe and imagination from a child. It is also more scary/intense due to more reality (and several children in the theatre had to go to the bathroom many, many, times to break the tension.) The movie was really loud although the previews weren't. I'm glad friends of mine told me to always carry ear plugs in my purse. I've been using them more and more. I heard the whole movie at a wonderful volume and was not disturbed by the talking of the children in the theatre (which distracted dh.)

After the movie we had a quick visit with dgs and family. While there a request came from her godparents that we meet half way for a picnic lunch on Thursday. Dsil can't come (he's got driving lessons) but the rest of us are free and will go. It will be a bring your own lunch picnic so no food planning has to be done.

That means I have to work more efficiently the rest of the week. At least my to-do's are spelled in the bullet journal.

We're home now, I've had my lunch, dinner for dh is in the crock pot and mine is a frozen meal so needs no further planning.

I am on 15s at the moment in order to get some things done around here.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Hmmm... It appears that Day 1 of swimming lessons did NOT go well. Screaming and crying. Dgs does NOT want his head under water. (Personally, I don't blame him and that is why I am still very fearful and a poor swimmer myself.)
Ds says the teacher says she has seen this before. He says she had more patience than he (ds) would.
Sigh. 7 days to go...
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:56 pm

knock on wood - saw dd and she did great at work - no headache - she is using her helmet :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:04 pm

JOY -- for your DD, blessed

And --
JOY for me! I called courthouse and unknown to me, a friend works up there. She said she knew how my life was going right now and she could excuse me "this once." HALLELUJAH!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:09 pm

School went smoothly
Lunch was easy because of all the bulk cooking I did yesterday.

I am cautiously optimistic my wallet search is over! I have been looking forever for something to replace my much loved but falling apart wallet. I think I have found it. It isn't the same as my old wallet but it might be even better. I wasn't looking for a planner but noticed it because of the attached wristlet. This one has dual zippers with one zipper opening up to an organizer and the other zipper opening up to a 5 compartment area for money (bills). AND the wristlet is permanently attached (instead of using breakable clips). AND there is plenty of room to carry my large smartphone in it on the rare occasion that I am not wearing pockets (aka jeans). I took out the calculator and all the papers that came with the 6-ring planner side. I have replaced them items that I like and work well for how I track things. I now have several slots for my beloved 3x5" cards. I wish I could find this exact wallet/planner configuration in leather but hopefully, this one will wear well. Time will tell.

I've got reminder phone calls today about tomorrow medical appointments. The good news is they are all in the same town and we will get them done and over with. The bad news is we have FOUR medical appointments tomorrow.
8:00 am - DS8 puppy to vet for surgery (getting fixed)
10:15 am - DS8 and I both have dentist appointments for cleaning and check up
1:00 pm - DS8 to speech therapy
5:00ish - pick up the puppy from vet office.

DS8 has already had tears today about leaving his puppy tomorrow. His concern is the puppy will be scared when we leave him at the vet office. DS8 is also concerned because he won't be there for the puppy when it wakes up after surgery. Hopefully having multiple places to be will take DS8 mind off the puppy.....doubtful but maybe. I wonder if they will allow DS8 to visit his puppy between dentist & speech appointments? It is crazy how bonded DS8 is with his puppy. The puppy turned 8 months old yesterday and is already taller than my Great Pyrenees fully grown dog!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:28 pm

I am working today after all so it is not a kid free day after all.

I have one load of laundry left to do. Dishes have been ran through.

LL see j & c.

Return to “Post When You Can”