MONDAY MANEUVERING

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: MONDAY MANEUVERING

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:18 pm

oh my goodness d twins :o :shock:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 pm

d lucy thrilled for you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 pm

I'm a little bit off duty this evening. Normally I would be outside monitoring the kids playing but DS8 took a tumble off his bike earlier today resulting in his knees taking a beating. He is fine but asked for Tylenol to ease the ache from scraps & bruising. So DS8 is relaxing with a screen and I'm able to do something.

I washed the material I bought to make a quilt. I need to decide on a pattern. Several the ladies that were teaching me last Saturday are doing a weekly block that is provided by Pat Sloan. I don't know the lady and honestly, I am not inspired by her designs. The quilt that everyone is working on has 25 blocks and they get the pattern for one block each week. So if I do that project with them, I won't finish the quilt top until December. And she doesn't tell you what the end result will look like. I think I will take off on my own and do something different from them. Now that I've made that decision.....uhmmmm....what am I going to do? I have some things floating around in my thoughts but I need to find the right pattern to pull all my thought designs together.

I am enjoying setting up the new planner. Part of me says "You know you won't keep using it". But the other part of me insists I will use it. I used a planner for decades so am quite comfortable with the process. Since I am designing my own pages it is similar to BuJo. I hope I'm not wasting my time with this.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:43 pm

I got the kitchen weekly chores (haven't been done for 2 weeks) done. Dinner was fine. Walking was good with friend and then again with dh so I'm ending the day in the green.

I've also been keeping up with emails. Trying to set up a meeting for later this week.

Next up, looking over the wallet/planner that LM got. I love looking at this and if/when I get a new phone it will be too big for my small purse so I'll have to upgrade to something else.

Edited to add: too big for me. And I want something I can rig cross body strap. Actually, I think I have something in a closet somewhere about that size but with a body strap. Was going to get rid of it but dh was able to hack it to my specs so I kept it during the move even though I haven't used it in years.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:04 pm

LadyM, libraries usually have a bunch of quilt books. Also google free quilt pattern..lots of those online too.

Twins, how odd the "person" being buried wasn't there. I guess it doesn't really matter.....

More phone calls this afternoon. Also called the dr. to make appointment. Gal who schedules must not have been there. They're going to call back tomorrow. Remembering more and more times I had trouble hearing. When I took my folder over to CPA, standing in his hallway, face to face, really had trouble hearing what he was saying.

Quiet day, I guess, and managed to keep up with everything. I guess that's a good thing.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Kathryn...just saw beauty and the beast and loved it. It was adopted from the broadway play so I knew what to expect. Loved the visuals and the vocals were just amazing. And I loved the beast as well. However I also loved the tv show beauty and the beast with Ron Pearlman and Linda Hamilton. He played a wonderful beast.and Linda was her best as Sarah Conner in the Terminator.

Tomorrow I am going to the movies to see the Transformers with a friend... plan to see the new Planet of the Apes as well. I love summertime with all the "kid" movies. Sweetie doesn't always like to see them, but I have a girlfriend who loves the whole movie experience as much as I do. We plan to see at least one movie a week until summer is over.

We were teachers in the same department for many years and have been friend longer. We both sub as well. Here school starts Aug 9th but neither of us plan to start working till the later part of the month.

I've already told my working friends I will NOT be available for the first day of school. You'd be surprised how many requests and calls I get for that.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Wow... I can't imagine missing the very first day of school, Rose! I guess everybody's different.

Dmom didn't feel too well after the doctor appt so she sent me (and dgrands) to the grocery store. Then we took the groceries to her house and took her garbage to the road... then I took dgrands home, I came back home and cooked supper, and s/s kitchen. I've been watching tv ever since.

I have to admit I'm a little concerned about dmom... hoping she doesn't get TOO attached to the pain meds... but -- not much I can do about it at this point.

It has been awfully nice to have a pleasant day today, but now dh is complaining of low bp again... feeling weak, etc.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:49 am

praying for your d mom d lucy.

Return to “Post When You Can”