5 x 7 TUESDAY, OR WHATEVER SIZE FITS YOUR DAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: 5 x 7 TUESDAY, OR WHATEVER SIZE FITS YOUR DAY

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi!

Checking in to see how LadyM's DS made it through the day worrying about his puppy.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Today has been an l-o-n-g day but it went as well as it could.

DS8 didn't cry but he did have tears in his eyes when we dropped off his puppy at the vet this morning. We went back to the vet office twice during the day (between other medical appointments) to check on his puppy. The puppy wasn't ready to come home until after 5pm. The puppy was still druggy and let-me-tell-ya.....picking up and carrying a 66 lb puppy that is passed out is a feat indeed!

The puppy is now wearing the "cone of shame" and is in his cage sleeping. DS8 has the dog cage next to his bed so he can keep an eye on the puppy. and reach through the wires to pet the puppy. I can hear DS8 talking to the puppy assuring it that everything is all okay :)

DS8 had a perfect report from the dentist. He is still maintaining his no cavity 8-year streak. He was able to do the fluoride treatment today with zero problems (before he was too anxious to have a mouth full of foam).

I have a tooth that needs filling. They said it wasn't a cavity but I forgot what they called it. I'll return to the dentist in a couple week to have that done. I made appointments in February 2018 for DS8, myself and DH next checkup.

DS8 speech appointment went well. He has moved up to a new level of difficulty.

I came home and got DH to help with the puppy loading. On the way back from the vet office we stopped and did our WW weigh-in. We took turns sitting in the car with DS8 and the puppy while the other one went in to weigh. I lost 2.2 lbs and DH lost 5.4 lbs! I am THRILLED with our success. I still think it is crazy how DH can lose so much more than I can. We ate the same foods except he has twice the portions size that I do. Plus he ate many other things that I didn't eat at all. This past week I watched him eat a whole Red Velvet cake with cream icing. And he also had a HUGE cheeseburger and a large order of fries while I ate a salad. And he ate multiple biscuits and gravy that I didn't eat. And he still lost twice as much as me!!! I'm happy and relieved to have finally broken free of the plateau I've been on.
What is a 5x7? A list of 5 items to complete by 7:00?

Elizabeth - I think you are right!

continue to lose weight -which was the lowest this morning that it's been in well over a decade, maybe 2

Dee - Congratulations!!! POTB!!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:13 pm

(((sweet puppy))) and wow a handful to carry :D great no cavities great
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Woo hoo for LadyM's DS8 for getting through the day AND the awesome dental appointment. I hate that mouthful of foam.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:27 pm

LadyM: if he lost that much weight, think about what he was eating before! And that's a great weight loss for you, WTGG!

The newsletters for those without email and some receipts are delivered to all three buildings. The posters are up in the mail rooms. More will go up on Friday or Saturday by elevators.

I never did fix the spreadsheet fully, I had to give up so we could get to the store to get the corn for dinner. I had pork tenderloin and it is an easy meal to make and quite quick. Took me 35 minutes from the time we walked in the door until it was out of the oven but there is a resting time as well. I was starving but only bought carrots extra at the store (I had gone only for corn.) Tomorrow I'll walk over for my larger grocery shop. Dh picked up his cholesterol pills and tried to get money from the bank machine but that wasn't working so I gave him some of the 'house' cash as an advance on his allowance.

The dishes are cleaned up and I'm vegging now. Will do some stretches and then I think I might go to bed as I'm exhausted. I'm way short steps today but don't have anything left in the tank to go out. The problem with the new tracker is it misses steps under 20 so when I was doing the newsletter delivery, if it was less than 20 steps from an elevator to a door and back, then nothing was counted for that floor. I walked between floors as much as possible and for some reason got a bit of credit for that which is weird because I was walking down (I know better than to start low and work my way up!) So between short counting (I earned basically nothing for over an hour of steady housework this afternoon), stairs down and the humidity, I feel like I've done more than I actually have.

Return to “Post When You Can”