5 x 7 TUESDAY, OR WHATEVER SIZE FITS YOUR DAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: 5 x 7 TUESDAY, OR WHATEVER SIZE FITS YOUR DAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:35 pm

My dryer is acting up. It was thumping so I went to adjust the load of towels, except they were fine and dry (not usual, they are normally still damp after that long.) I put one back in and it still thumped. Ran it empty. Still thumped. Then I noted the display had a lock on it. Turned the dryer off and then the display went crazy flashing random segments.

Got the book, the lock is for a feature I didn't know I had and didn't engage. Got my camera and shot video of the noise and the flashing display even when off. Will show that to the super.

Had lunch, washed up the dishes.

Next up, put out a new centrepiece on the dining room table. I have a summer beach themed one with shells and rocks from around the world.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Kathryn, I just asked about your cane in H and F! My point was sort of teasing whether you even knew where it was anymore, now that you are sometimes at 10,000 steps. (Oh, I see you answered!)

Dee, congrats on your bp successes. You really had a good day with that. Dr was happy about my mention of my big serving of morning oatmeal so that's a breakfast thought - for every 1 gram of sugars there's 5 grams of protein, so I get 10 grams protein in my big bowl - and such a s-l-o-w calm digestion because of the fiber. I absolutely do sweeten any morning cereal but with the drops of EZ-Sweetz stevia/monk fruit that don't do anything to blood sugar. So interesting what you learned about decaf, which I use half-and-half at least, or if it's late in the day. I have decided I like one I found in WMart called Pampa, grown in Mexico. No idea why I glanced at that but I was in the mood to try something new that day and it worked out.

BookSaver, I do miss you when you're not posting but know it's probably because of busy-ish-ness. Good job thinking through the delivery of the machine set. If you can make it a smooth transition for house, you and dh, you'll save on the nerves and that's worth a bundle. Hope you get some time freed up.

All the church bills for mid-month July are to the mailbox. Next up is reconciling checkbook. Then getting started on report. After report it's payroll. Somewhere in there, errand to bank, but all of this can't happen today.

Trash out to cans for pickup in the morning.

Have fun at the movies, Ramblin'! Bundle up!

Hold the speed down on that boat, blessed. You don't need to go too fast the first day! ;) (Remember Nancy used to talk about getting "Air" under a boat?)

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:35 pm

New thing to add to this week's ToDo list. The x just called. The neighbor that is looking after the dogs had a death in the family and he asked me to feed and give meds. I am ok with filling in during a crisis, but I sure am glad it's evening meds and not 2x a day! It will be for 5 days.

Like Ramblinrose, I live in the desert. I, too, am wearing a jacket for the AC at work and even ran my heater for about 30 minutes this morning.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:49 pm

KidN is here we set up the tee pee indoors and she has played with rocks, she is coloring now, I am working on putting away stuff on the table & desk making so e progress. I swept hard surface floors. Put some rock stuff outside. Got a cat nap in before KidN arrived. Got jewlery making stuff in the container I had for something else that did not work out hope it does for the jewlery stuff.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm

I understand the difference in hot temps and going into the theater or a restaurant. Carry a jacket with me all the time. Usually do here for Dr. visits and hospitals. Always too cold.

Dh called the dentist this afternoon to see if he could get in to shave off a rough spot on his plate that's been bothering him for some time. So I gathered my courage while we were there and talked to his wife about getting a tooth pulled. Had the back and around the side come off last night & yesterday morning. Was dreading having it pulled but I didn't think there was an option. She said, let us take a look and see if we can do something else. (She really thought the Dr. might tell me I couldn't have it pulled because of the Plavix and aspirin I'm on and with it only being a short time they probably would not want to stop it). So she looked at it and then Doc did too. He thinks he can smooth it out and coat it. But I couldn't get in for 2 weeks -both because he's having back trouble and my own (& dh's ) schedules. So it's hopeful. Do have to call my Dr. tomorrow and see about getting an antibiotic. If it was penicillin he could prescribe it, but I'm allergic to that and sulfa drugs. Think the Dr. had me on clindamycin before. Once she prescribes it he can do more prescriptions once he knows what they want me to take. Now where else could we go that they would just take the time to do those two things, etc. He's going to a neurologist for back pain this Friday so it's all a bit 'iffy'.

I didn't realize oatmeal had protein, Harriet. Thanks for that info.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Sigh. So much for my nice relaxing evening. One of the cats placed by the Deputy Troublemaker is coming back and I have to pick her up tonight. This one sounds semi-feral. DT did not do a good job of matching cats to homes, she just dumped them. She also claimed she would only get cute highly adoptable kittens. All were adults and two turned out to be so unsocialized that they were placed with a feral cat sanctuary.

So, instead of enjoying my evening, I get to run home, grab a cat crate, pick up a cat, set it up in the sewing room, run by the x's house, and feed and medicate a dog. Oh joy.

And my report only wants to display one row of data.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm struggling with ADD and disorganization. And a badly designed spreadsheet. Something that I've put off all day ended up taking over 70 minutes. That's why I was putting it off all day. It should have been a 10 minute task, or perhaps, with a really well designed spreadsheet, 1 minute. Then I discovered I'm missing all sorts of notes from meetings.

Then I discovered someone used my email to sign up for new car information. So I had to deal with that. This is a different person than the person who put in an order of homeopathic supplies yesterday. I'm in a pretty foul mood about this sort of behaviour. I've begged the retailers to put holds on the items being shipped because, as I pointed out if the email is fake how do you know the credit card is any good? The retailer yesterday had the nerve to suggest it might be a family member. In my first response I said, 1) it isn't me and 2) I don't live in your country. Still, I guess she thought I was capable of losing track of who I was or who my family members were and where they lived. In this case it was an order for a few hundred dollars. I really hope the credit card is stolen as well so the retailer is out the money.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:09 pm

i understand that feeling d kathryn! also I am sorry someone did that!

d elizabeth can you say no? I am so sorry that your evening isn't going to be relaxing

so sorry you are having trouble with a tooth and same with your dh d dee

yay on getting that paper work done d harriet
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 pm

lol dh harriet that is my biggest fear! also they have paddle boaters in the harbour - terrifies me that I will hurt someone.

went for a pedicure - if you would have told me 3 months ago I would get one I would say you don't know me lol - I enjoy them. only problem is that I can't keep the nail polish (another surprise - I have never used nail polish) on - by the time I got out to the car one was bad - then in the house and dogs stepped all over my feet - now to take the nail polish off - yes first world problems. ;)

dh paid for 2 new sump pumps and a battery - grateful that they didn't go out during the big storm the other day. They broke this am.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:31 pm

The boys are here for a while, no implant tech syuff today bc it is complicated the dad has not figured it out yet. My tablet says it is 100* outside h is home and quite wilted.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”