WEDNESDAY WISHES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: WEDNESDAY WISHES

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:34 pm

I had my body work and feel my back is pretty good again. We'll see what next week does to it. Also got groceries and picked up scripts for ddog's separation anxiety.

I gotta get going, must not sit here.

-make lunch
-eat lunch
-put groceries away
-start a lol
-make the bed

This will finish a.m. routine at least. At 3:30 today I need to go to a neighbor's house and let their ddog into the back yard and take food and water out. They have a showing - their house is for sale.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:45 pm

I have been to town picked up Rx, lunch and went go 2 little free libraries. Got a survival / fishing vest to use when I gather rocks I washed it and it is hanging up to dry on the deck now.

My ear is acting up today dang.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:18 pm

you are a tremendously good soul d elizabeth!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:29 pm

We are back online! Surprisingly, the daily loads loaded. I was expecting some fallout there. I have transcribed a meeting and a class and worked on another class transcription. We had a "staff meeting", because we could not do anything else. That translates to: our group got a conference room and ate lunch together. I have a new item on my list for tonight: figure out how much cancelled traveling companion should get back for her shore excursions. Not a difficult chore, but I don't have that info at payroll.

I was going to take tonight as a WTF, with the "worst" being write a letter. I think I will have to convert it to a list of 5. In no particular order:
  • Write letter
  • Feed and medicate DD's dog
  • Interact with new (hopefully temporary) cat
  • Find info for traveling companion
  • Reserved for that which inevitably comes up when I think I have an evening off!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:33 pm

hello finally! so far I went to the library then had french class - I love my tutor but am frustrated at my struggle with speaking the language even if I can understand much of what is said to me. She said I need to practice what I am thinking by translating things in my head and memorize the verbs.

d cousin from hawaii is in with her wonderful husband. They are staying at d mom's today.

rested :? 1 Hour and 45 minutes watching garbage tv - I want to work outside but it says it's 93 deg (phone says it's 87 but feels like 94 Deg) dd younger says the lake is 75 deg which is warm for lake michigan

I had to move my out of comfort zone class (motor boating) to next tuesday bc tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be lightening storms and 90 degrees at 4 when I am supposed to be there - not something I want to do)

I haven't walked yet - need to go to the gym

found my old old (4th time buying it- my original I borrowed out to a friend and God rest her soul she never returned ) sidetracked home executive book from the early 80s - lots of fun looking through it.

coming up soon money wise: christmas carol tickets go on sale the 21rst - mmm I have to put it on my card
hard to believe that has come up already.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Well, I WISH I could (a) get a full night's sleep -- which means really, I wish that DH could get a full night's sleep... and (b) that I could find some motivation.
I certainly did not get 5x7 completed yesterday, and I'm not making any progress today -- but that is b/c dh has had two terrible nights... unable to sleep, sick at his stomach, heart racing, bp so low he can barely put one foot in front of the other.

We did call the heart clinic, but did not mention the racing heart (which actually has been pretty much normal since yesterday morning), and nurse said to leave off Lasix tonight and in the morning and call back w/bp in the morning. So we're going to try that. He just is so adamant that he is NOT going back into the hospital, and he has an appt w/the clinic NP next Tuesday. She asked if he wanted to come in early, but he didn't. He isn't showing a lot of fluid weight gain -- it's mostly the bp and the nausea.

Anyway -- it's worse at night, so no one sleeps, and then I want to sleep all day long.

I did finish my very lengthy book last night and I'm going to return it to the library today. It was sooo good -- UNTIL the last two chapters. I'd like to tear them out and just end when the main character's wife finds out she is pregnant. The ending was just HORRIBLE. Kinda like Shakespeare, when you feel like he just got tired of everybody and decided to kill them all off. :roll:

I need so badly to vacuum -- bug lady comes Friday, and tomorrow I am accompanying ds & dgs to swimming lessons. (So I'll know where to go Monday, when I have to take dgs on my own.)

:D :D :D HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO LORD & LADYM!!! :D :D :D
-- and lots of good wishes to DS8 & PuppyM!

Blessed, I don't know if I have told you or not, but I am just so impressed & inspired by your activities -- how you are always learning something new -- French and boating. As you all know, I do not like to leave my comfort zone At All, so I am always in awe of people who do.

"staff meeting", because we could not do anything else. That translates to: our group got a conference room and ate lunch together.

My favorite kind of meeting, Elizabeth!
I am sorry your dfriend had to cancel the trip.

(((Nancy))) for earache.

Twins, you keep reminding me to encourage dmom to get back to her massage therapist. I know that would help her so much, if she is able to lie on her stomach now (Sunday will be six weeks since surgery).

(((Dee))) for toothache. Sounds like a fun day for dd & dgs!

I've missed something, Lynlee -- what is MH? (MH Planning course?)

I need to go to the grocery store and dh wants to ride up there with me -- just a couple of items to get. Maybe getting out of the house will help him.
Also need to start a load of laundry. I never washed his jeans/darks Monday when I was doing other laundry.
Also need to call dmom and see if she ever got the bread that she left off the list she sent me with Monday.

So -- that's the plan... ;)
* Call dmom
* Start laundry
* Library & grocery store
* Vacuum
(Any Barney Fife fans here? Yep... that's the plan... call Thelma Lou... get a bottle of pop... )
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Hang in there, Lucylee!

I haven't done much either but don't have your excellent excuse. No-one is dependent on me at the moment.

I did get a meeting set for Friday evening. So we'll meet in person and get going on gathering things for the refugees. I also wrote the father of the family and asked some questions, telling him he didn't have to answer any he found too personal but that answers would help us get him settled nearer community that he'd feel at home in and help the children settle (I asked about beds, and if the littlest one is still in with the parents.) We never imagined the 10 year old would still be in with the parents so didn't plan on that and it is crowded for the NFs (she's there because of terrors.)

The new motors are installed and very quiet compared to the old ones.

The power was off during that task so we walked to the store for groceries. Unfortunately, Flipp told me the sale items for tomorrow not today so I will have to go back in the morning. But for now I have enough for tomorrow's picnic if I don't make it back.

I've made up the meatloaf (a recipe I've made up myself based on tortierre) but the Oopsie Bread is cooking in the oven at the moment. I had extra leftover so made up a 'crepe' with that but didn't add enough sugar. Will have to think about how I'll serve that. The broken edges have tasted fine but aren't exceptions. Nutella may make it exceptional.

Corn is in the pot ready to start at the correct time.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:59 pm

(((d lucy))))!!! so hard - I think you may need to sleep in the day - dh had nights where he never slept and if he did I would be awake all night because I could hear him struggle. take a nap when ever you can! much love to you

also my time Knock on wood is basically my own again knock on wood - it makes a difference
you are too kind.
I am trying to go out of my comfort zone because I feel like I need to stretch myself. I can't say it doesn't frighten me - it does. You are sweet but trust me I am one of the biggest scaredy cats that there are. lol.

my one goal that I will do tomorrow (probably) is go into a bathing suit at the gym. it makes me uncomfortable bc I am a horrible swimmer and of course being in a bathing suit. ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:03 pm

happy anniversary to Lady M and Mr. Lady M. !

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 pm

hello dear everyone

left a message for aunt for lunch next week

contacted the company that put in our water heater bc our village wants more information - they were as confused as I was to what the village wanted

found out I was late on a bill - I looked through everything (as I have had it where they cashed one check and didn't realize it) - I did not pay the bill!
I found the bill folded in my bill calendar - I had thought I paid it as part of another invoice. It was 3 months ago and this is the first I heard that it was late. I feel so bad. Sending it out this afternoon

I am struggling with house work - I need my timer

Return to “Post When You Can”