THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:57 pm

s2s x traded rocks. I have spiffed up the bedroom, worked on the counters in the kitchen. Vacuumec traffic area in living room. Feeling better. It is my Monday.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:02 pm

Happy Belated Anniversary wishes, LadyM & DH! I'm glad you had a nice day. Oh, those rotary cutters, I read on a quilt forum once that they are available at Northern Tool supply, but one did say those weren't as good, didn't last as long. I don't really know...

Well I still write snail letters. I send stuff to DGSs and DGD once in a while and enclose little things I come across I think they'll like. DGS oldest said it would be AWESOME if I would write to him when he moves off to college. My cousin in Arizona and I write each other quite regularly. She always has the nicest stationery.

It is raining again. Yesterday DH asked if I'd come up and help him attach bi-fold door tracks that he couldn't do with his arms and I knew if I went up there that'd be the end of the day for me. Right. I was there all afternoon, but we got everything installed nicely. Old house and nothing square, difficult to hang doors.

Was so annoyed in this house, single mom working full time... but I guess no time to pick up or clean. We had to work around bins and too-big furniture in doorways, closets full of stuff we had to remove to get in them... DH is used to this and said oh, this is what remodeling is. Like Lucylee said, not my circus... but I did tell DH he is extremely lucky I am a good housekeeper or we'd be living like that too.

Today, dailies, did a bunch of odds and ends like filling food containers, etc. Amazing how much easier that makes a house run. Finally got an appointment with ear dr. next week. I'm supposed to go pick up my records at audiologist. Called county office. I guess we're in good shape here.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi friends! I haven't been here for a while. Life is just pretty full. I'm popping in to see how you are.
Take care of yourself Dee.
That was very kind of you to agree to troubleshoot for MPB, LadyM. Sounds like you and dh had a wonderful day together!
I remember you talking about a small trailer camper, Elizabeth.
That's really humid, blessed.
How can I have been cooking and cleaning and not see much improvement around here? Sigh.
I resemble that statement too, Harriet, at least in theory. With the kid' home, nothing stays clean here for long. Currently, dd21 still has her messes on the front porch area, and dd19 has left the fried rice she made for lunch on the stove top. And art stuff is on the coffee table.
Nice you don't have to be out of the house today, Twins.
Sounds like you're off on a fun outing, Kathryn!
I send snail mail cards, Harmony.
I'm intrigued by traded rocks, Nancy.

It is hot here today. It's forecast to get up to 88*, but I think it might actually get into the 90s. Yesterday, it was 93*. That's really hot for us Michigan hot weather wimps. Of course, dh chose today to run the self-cleaning oven feature, so the kitchen is now nice and toasty. :roll: I'm running the ac.

Pepper had dental work + 2 teeth extractions on Tuesday. She seems to be recovering nicely and is still on softened dog food + some meds.

We had a plumber in our house this morning. He figured out why water was dripping out of an outlet in our main bathroom. Basically, our contractor guy hired a poor plumber when the bathroom was remodeled maybe 5? years ago. Contractor guy eventuallyl fired the plumber - but not until after he'd worked on our house. There was another error he made installing one of the toilets that had to be corrected. For the current problem, the water recirculation system was installed incorrectly and has been leaking behind the walls for a VERY LONG time. SO. . . now we need to rip out the dry wall in the bathroom and take care of some mildew growing back there. And then have it all re-drywalled. *sheesh* And I was REALLY looking forward to a year without a remodeling project. The plumber guy cut a hole high in the wall above the bathroom mirror to check out what was happening behind the outlet, so THAT is now a delightfully attractive fixture in our bathroom until we get the drywall and mildew taken care of. :roll: At least we'll have an effective reminder to do that every time we're in there.

Our Thursday crew has a special treat tonight! Dh is cooking seafood paella! He learned it at a cooking class last summer, and it's a recipe that is too complicated and time-consuming for me. He's made it once before. It's quite the involved recipe with somewhat different ingredients. He has a paella pan that is so large, he had to bend the edges to get it to fit in the oven. He had to order the spices since we can't get them at a standard groc. store. He will purchase more of the special rice the dish requires. I will gather the rest of the ingredients, including a trip to WF for fresh mussels, clams, and shrimp.

WW said I was down a little again today, just 0.2 lbs. But I was down 2.2 lbs. last week. I need to keep the downward trend if I'm serious about being able to run the half marathon in 3 months. In fact, I need to lose more than 0.2 lbs/week. I'm actually not sure if I'll end up running it or not; we'll see. I'm having trouble getting past 9.5 miles. I'll try again on Saturday -- or on Sunday if it is rainy Saturday a.m., which it currently looks like it will be.

Main Goals for today
x1. Jog sprints.
x2. WW meeting
x3. Rabbit care at dfriend's home; I'm watching her rabbits while she and her dd8 are in China for 2.5 weeks. I brought the 2 young rabbits here, but the adult one is staying at their house in a pen that is way too bulky to move here. (This dfriend is in our small group.)
4. Grocery runs to 2 groc. stores.
5. Payroll progress: make a test for tomorrow, make a grammar handout for tomorrow, plan class activities for tomorrow.
6. Gardening progress -- would be really good. But it's hot. I also have tomorrow afternoon open to work on this.
7. Thursday dinner crew - 7 people tonight, including tot J. Dh's colleague can't make it tonight and neither can S.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:04 pm

It was really hot here today, but then we got a terrific storm and the temp is down to upper 60's/low 70's -at least for a while. Dneighbor started the sump pump running out back -they have a fire hose running up and over the berm. We had several inches of water very quickly along the back yards.

Dneighbor brought back our sunscreen. If dd's available tomorrow they'll try to get it up for us. It's probably about 25' long.

Dh was going to try to go with me to Wmart in Geneseo in a while. (Planned to use a scooter there). With all the rain we've decided to go about 15 miles south of us to Avon to T ops store. It just "happens" to be across the road from our favorite hamburg spot. He's been craving T om W ahl's for a while now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:34 pm

The rocks are painted and left at the trading post traded by others that are left by previous visitors. I left onions and a nice tote bag today hung on the nail on the post there are trading benches set up too. This is temporary because they will build shelves to go on the end of the shed at some point.

H is home from work.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:03 pm

oh d helia - always so nice to see you!

hi everyone - just a quick post to say hi again

I did go to the gym this morning - glad I went even though I complained all the way there in my head.
I am having dinner w d mom, a cousin from far away and relative - it shall be interesting - I will be cordial even if I don't trust that there is an ulterior motive. "remember to be kind and a lady" ;) this will be a good - out of comfort zone - challenge for me. ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:25 pm

It is two minutes until I normally leave, but today's driver is in a meeting. We don't know exactly when he will get out. I don't know how complicated a task to work on right now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 pm

I made a high point side dish for dinner tonight. Pasta Salad used almost 1/2 of my WW points for the entire day. My breakfast & lunch were both low points so I had plenty to cover it. I still have 4 points left for the day to use for snacking later.

It is over 101 degrees outside so I'm not going do any outside activities until it cools off.

Next up -
** fill out paperwork they I have been procrastinating on. I'm not sure I know how to do it so I have been ignoring it. That's foolish. I'll just do the best I can and be done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi everyone!

Dee our weather was nasty earlier and then I heard that there "may" have been a tornado near you somewhere.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:02 pm

End of day.

I'm heading to bed. Another big day tomorrow and the next day and the next day and, jeepers it is crazy busy for the next 6 day. Some events will be super fun, but it will be busy.

Got off 5 minutes late, 10 once the car left the garage. Didn't stop for gas or the watermelon. Dd was completely ready for me when I arrived, with dgs in the car seat but not strapped in. I was told not to pick him up. She put the base in the car and then I loaded her things and she loaded dgs. We stopped for watermelon, the apartment to pick up dh (and pee and I had forgotten there was no water today) and then to ds's where I dropped off dh and finally we drove to the picnic spot. Arrived to the minute at the picnic table that had been selected. Dh was 5 minutes behind.

Dgs was very well behaved except for the big pout and tears each time dh guffawed with laughter. He was exhausted but napped for only a little bit in the car on the way home. Ds drove himself home and was the first to leave at 3. We left about 40 minutes later and gassed up the car on the way home.

We entered the city at 4:40 and immediately hit traffic due to a rubber-necker accident in our direction. I was home at 6:40 - dropped dh first at the apartment then dd at home 40 minutes later (she lives 20 minutes away but it was rush hour), then rush hour home but stopping to pick up pizza on the way. It was 'ready' when I arrived according to the screen but they made a mistake so I had to wait 10 minutes.

Had pizza, watched a show, went for a walk and then helped dh clear up the kitchen. I'm learning a new communication method for this refugee settlement. In the past we've been overwhelmed with emails so I'm hoping this will work better with threaded conversations. Dh's instructions weren't clear as we discovered while I was on the walk asking him questions about it.

Return to “Post When You Can”