FLINGING FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: FLINGING FRIDAY

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:50 am

Don't think much flinging is going on around here today. I was hoping for a conga today, but that probably won't happen either.

DH was out with car and had a leak occur. So today is fix the car day. He's out getting a better flashlight so he can properly see down into the hood part. We don't know where the leak is coming from, there is a fairly new water pump, radiator fixed a few years ago, all new hoses... sigh...

Dumb car is so old we are fixing our fixes.

I did get the kitchen cleaned up and desk chores done.

Have a nice day!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:05 am

I have done one round of flinging in the dining room. More to do it is my focus room today. :mrgreen:

Went to do the rock trades and 2 yd sales... came home to no power had to call the power co. they have come & gone w power is restored now.

I had my morning routine inturrupted. What can U do w no power? Ans. drink a soda and paint a rock & feed hens & dump trash.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:05 pm

d nancy yay!

sorry about car d harmony!

hi d rose have fun!

hi d elizabeth! have fun at bunco

kitchen almost 2 hours worth of work - fling in refrigerator, chopped up and cleaned veg and fruit, dishes are washing themselves, counters are cleaned but it still has surface to be emptied in places, and needs vacuuming.

Medicine taken at 11:45 late

ordered Christmas carol tickets a bit late today - it opened at 10 and it was 10:30 when I realized I missed the time. wow the tickets went fast- I have to pay my credit card back on august 1. :shock:

i usually clean out my purse on sunday but did it today so I could write down my receipts
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:50 pm

I'm going to fling my bad attitude!

I'll download my preaching podcasts and then head out to the water's edge to work on paper. Won't come home until I have something to write.

Or 4:30. I have to leave here by 6:30 for my evening meeting. It would probably be a good idea to be prepared for that but I won't be.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:51 pm

i'll fling my bad attitude if you are d kathryn :D

I did 1/2 hour of boat reading for tuesday to remind myself the different parts of a boat. trying to get over my fear of going fast and me being in control of a boat - watched a video on boat maneuvers and I could feel that uncomfortable feeling rising up - I trust other people but not me) I will watch these daily so that I get comfortable with the visual. :shock: ;) learning to be uncomfortable is horribly hard for me but I am determined to show myself and my girls that it is ok to feel uncomfortable but still move forward. I have noticed dh trying to move out of his comfort zone more and more because I am and it is so cool to watch him.

timer on 1 hour of french (d nancy how are you enjoying your cursive? i love that you are doing that) I may or may not come back depending on my time - I still have to exercise/brush the dogs and shower before leaving at 4

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Time at the swimming hole and picnic was good. DH and I spent most of the time in a shady spot while DD opted work on her tan by staying in the bright HOT sunshine. DS8 wasn't sure he wanted to get into the water with ducks and fish (big catfish could be seen swimming around), but DGD6 didn't care and just jumped in. DS8 eventually got used to swimming with the critters and enjoyed it. We stopped on the way home at a Mom/Pop Bakery and got the kids some freshly made cinnamon rolls. I took a tiny bite and that was enough for me. Too sweet!

I have the kids down for a nap/rest so I'm off duty for a little bit.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Home. Enjoyed my time by the river. I'm going to have make myself an excellent sit-upon those because the rocks got hard on my bottom!

Just a half mile from the house is a lovely spot that feels secluded and shady right by the water. If I look on one direction I see nothing but water and trees. And the sound of the wind over the water and the wavelets lapping drown out the sounds of the city.

I've written out an outline. Might not follow it but it is written out. Went over the service as well and only have to change one thing.

I walked back via the beach which was really crowded today. I was looking for a bench to sit on in the shade. Not there. The only bench on my way back that was in the shade was also near the road and it is rush hour now so I passed it up. There's a good one in the other direction but then my walk would have been 1 mile instead of 2.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:12 pm

french is done for now
cloths are drying - we have to leave soon

d lady it sounds like so much fun!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:18 pm

I got a 3 Fancy Nancy books at the yard sale, they have french words h meaning in the story thought of U Blessed. :mrgreen: KidN is here now.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:34 pm

We worked on the car a while. Leak is in some pipe or hose or something way back behind the manifold and it is a complicated thing that DH isn't sure about. It's not the old-style manifolds he is used to working on/around. So he called our friend and asked if he'd fix it for us. Out the country we went with jugs of water in case we needed. We got all the way out there ok and had to put half a pitcher of water in at the end but it did not overheat.

We saw a couple blue herons sleeping with their tall legs all tucked up and their long necks coiled around a bit, but surprisingly they were right beside the very busy road. I've never seen them do this, and certainly never beside the road the way they were.

I got one LOL washed and hanging.

I hope I am not without my car a long while. I have 3 things I need to do and if it's a while I will have to do them in the dump truck. :roll:

Nancy, I hope the little boy does well with his implant. I read about them in the books I got about hearing loss. He will need some therapy and it will be a while before his brain will be able to interpret the sounds he hears. I read that they work better the more one works with the therapy, along with concentrating and listening to things. Hearing aids are better all the time, I just wish they weren't so expensive.

Return to “Post When You Can”