Seasonal Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Seasonal Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:47 am

Today is a perfect summer day and I have all the windows open wide to full the apartment with fresh air.

I'm hoping it is a good winter day for Lynlee as well, hence I said Seasonal instead of Summer in the title!

Make the most of the day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Seasonal Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 am

Moderators, please check out our thread, I have a question regarding a name for you.

Good morning! I'm an hour into my day and still have not started the sermon due to an email interruption.

Dd doesn't need me this morning which is good. She got her backpack yesterday so won't be shopping in my neighbourhood.

I will be busy all afternoon/evening so need to get the sermon done this morning.

So...

*poof*

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:32 am

My morning is off to a good start. My morning walk included finding/hiding 9 decorative rocks. Everyone is getting more inventive with the hiding. Not horribly difficult but it forces you to look and notice how each tree is formed. There are many trees (100?) at the park and each one has crevices or places to hide rocks that can be found by the littlest of rock hunters. I have learned to not just walk the trail but also across the grass to go around each of the trees because looking for a different angle will reveal hiding places.

Breakfast is made and enjoyed. My current breakfast of choice is Ole Tortilla(50 calories/1 WW point), 1/2 cup of pinto beans, 2 T of Salsa and 2 T of sauteed onions & bell peppers. The total cost is 168 calories/4 WW points and it has 11 grams of protein. I like this combination for breakfast because it is easy, quick, I am full the entire morning and have energy to spare. I made the kids sausage & scrambled eggs. DH isn't ready to eat yet so he will fix himself something later.

I haven't decided which of my choices I will choose today. Quilting with DFriends? Family hike at the wildlife refuge? Catching up at home and swimming in a clean pool (vs swimming with fish & ducks). It is another day of over 100 degrees so that is a factor in my decision. I don't want to be outside in the worst of the heat.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:28 am

your breakfast sounds wonderful d lady!
have fun with what ever you decide!

hi d kathryn so happy you can open up your windows and enjoy the summer breeze.
have a great day!

have a wonderful day everyone.

we had another amazing storm last night - I feel for the people in the flooding zones. I might take a drive by the river and see how high it is. We are blessed by having wet lands near us that absorbs a lot of the water (but also produces a lot of mosquitos ;) )

I didn't walk yesterday so that is on my list today.
also laundry put away - I think I might start keeping track on how long we keep things out before we put them away.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

helia

Postby helia » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:42 am

I'm gleeful today! This is the first day in many weeks I didn't have to be somewhere first thing in the morning. Usually, I have to head to payroll, the running path, or church first thing in the morning. As a result, I slept until almost 7 a.m., which is now late for me since my schedule has shifted earlier, partly b/c of payroll, partly b/c I need to run early before it gets hot, and I require a 1.25 hour - 2.5 hour block of time, which includes transport time to and from the path + time for basic stretches before and after. I am not running long this morning b/c the weather forecast was for rain from 6 - 11 a.m. However, the reality is that we've had 1/2 hour of gentle rain from 9:30 - 10:00. I could have run before 9:30. :roll: And that wasn't enough rain for us. Oh, well. Now, I plan to try to get in my long run tomorrow morning before church. It will be 5* cooler tomorrow a.m., so that's another advantage to moving the run. Dh moved his mainly for that reason. However, that means I'll need to be out the door around 5:30 a.m. to drop off water bottles and hopefully start running by 6 a.m. in order to finish, get home, and get ready for church in time.

The decorative rocks practice sounds really fun, LadyM! And those are the exact same tortilla wraps I use all the time instead of bread! I now order them b/c my groc. store doesn't seem to be able to keep them in stock regularly.
blessed, send some of that rain to us, please! We really need it! Our 30 minutes of sprinkles this morning wasn't enough. We're really dry; some of the flowers which I haven't transplanted yet have died b/c I wasn't keeping up with watering them. Well, that might teach me not to procrastinate so long on planting flowers. LOL!
Kathryn, I hope you get a nice block of uninterrupted time to work on the sermon.

I'm done with my a.m. routine.

My Main Goals for Today:
1. Laundry progress -- I have 1 lol folded and put away, 1 lol in dryer, 1 lol in washing machine, 1 lol waiting on deck.
2. Gardening progress - Should be a good time after a little rain. I'd like to weed the groundcover and plant viable flowers.
3. Errands - rabbit care at dfriend's home + WF for small group offering and odds and ends for us
4. Get delinquent grad cards in the mail to friends in other states.
5. Fun - progress on our book club book this month.
6. Small group - out 5 - ? We're not hosting, which is fabulous!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:58 am

I am so happy to see you happy d helia!!! sending you all rain while everyone is sleeping tonight - a nice soaking rain! Then tons of sunshine during the day about 82 degrees for tomorrow . have a great day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:59 am

I woke at 8 am :o :D and I haven't been off my franny since then - wow where did the time go?! it 10 am.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:17 pm

It's pretty gray here and I see there's rain headed this way. But I also think it looks like it just 'may' pass a little north of us -between us and the thruway which is only about a mile north as the crow flies. Today is "Christmas in July" here. One of our fellow RVers came over and decorated our front lawn. #1 we can't get back to our storage unit because of all the rain and #2 dh is not really up to it anyway. They also decorated a few spots to our south. They have lots and lots of decorations themselves. You should see their site! Yesterday the dcampowner announced there won't be 'judging' this year as it's just unfair to so many who would have water logged sites. Instead they're giving prizes to anyone who decorates.

Another friend asked dh to come up and play euchre for an hour or so. I hope that's all it really is as he's not able to sit for very long. And we're due to DS-R's for dinner around 5ish or so. Then we'll go around to see decorations that are up. I actually have to go to town to pick up salt potatoes. Promised I'd bring them tonight.

Had a rough night for some reason. Got up around midnight for a 'break' and realized I felt like low blood sugar. Took it and it was only 53. Have no idea why. Quickly ate a donut that was dh's and readily available. Then I kept having such great pain in my shoulders I had a hard time lying there. Got up at 5 to take t ylenol and was up & down for a little over an hour, then fell sound asleep. We didn't get up till 8:50! :shock: About them ddil-A called to invite us over for breakfast. They're camping here with their MH next to dd. Going over to DS-R's later today for dinner. We had many pieces of sliced pork tenderloin in the freezer so are taking that to cook.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Easy Saturday around here, except for DH who is doing yard work. We have a cookout at someone's house to go to 3-6 this afternoon. Taking sodas. I spent some time looking up directions. It used to be so easy to look at a map online. Now all the sites want us to download some program first and I refuse to do that. I guess I figured it out and we'll just take the gps too. It's not far.

Maybe rain soon. Cookout may be a soggy mess! I'm just going for the hamburger!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:00 pm

bw2, I'm with you. Sitting here on the computer researching.

I need to talk myself into 30 min researching and 30 min work, beginning with some work at the TOTH. I do have a list going of stuff to get done before I take off tomorrow, but haven't consulted it this morning, unfortunately.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”