Smoothing Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Smoothing Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi everyone!

Got a great night's sleep last night.

Dh worked on the back gardens yesterday and today. I went and got the ATV and moved a small woodpile that we had in the area he was working near. Sure, it looked rustic and old, like it had been stacked there forever, but it was under a pine tree and dh wants to clear everything up. I think we have even agreed that the one pine tree is very skinny and crooked and doesn't look great, so we might take it down. That is one of two that might not make the final cut. The other one was pressed into a sideways bendy shape because the former owner put some fencing up against it for storage. It just looks wonky.

Yesterday dh planted 4 cedars and 2 junipers and the snowball hydrangea. Today there is just more clearing of weeds and laying ground carpet stuff and then putting mulch on top. I told dh that he might actually have the entire rest of the summer to relax if he finishes this weekend. We have a party to go to next Saturday.

I have been doing laundry. Sheets and towels are done, and some other stuff has gone through the wrinkle away cycle.

We had steak for supper last night and we are having it again tonight because some packages in the freezer were labeled incorrectly. "Steak" actually had 2 steaks in it. "2 steaks" looked like there was only one. Altogether 4 steaks. 2 BBQ nights in a row, plus dh BBQed hot dogs for lunch. Good thing, because my kitchen looks like a disaster.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Nap time!

Stopped in at Costco on the way home to pick up my glasses but I was number 14 and they just started serving #5. After 10 minutes they were up to #6. I'll go back on Tuesday when I'm out with the car anyway.

Had a nice chat after church about next week's lectionary readings. My church has volunteers filling in over the summer and this guy wanted to write his own sermon. He wasn't planning to preach on the Hebrew scripture readings of Jacob and his wives but he wanted to get my take on it. I circled it back to this week's reading, we are no-way able to do judgment.

I'm looking forward to next week.

Dh and I are going out to dinner tonight. Same place I'm going with MF on Tuesday but that's ok. I don't have to watch sodium and the aside from that this is healthy food.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:27 pm

I can not believe it is raining again here! I put chlorine in the pool this am thinking that it would be great to have a grill and a swim. ;)

I only did 1 hour housework today
1 hour french
1/2 hour paperwork
etc.
still need to exercise
brush the dogs
1/2 hour of boating book
put away laundry 1/2 an hour.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:19 pm

I never did get the nap because I got watching Youtube videos.

Dh loaded his photos from yesterday up and I added my photos as well and made a small album for Facebook for dd.

I've posted a couple over in my MO thread. You can see a bit of the cute smocked outfit he wore.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4958&p=154369#p154369

Now to head for dinner.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:45 pm

I've spent last 2 hours trying to get my computer to a restore point. I had been trying to push off the windows update & for some reason it took off on its own. Hoping it's back now. Lost all my favorites like here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:04 pm

hi d dee
hi d kathryn
Hi cathy
hi d kitty

I loved the picture d kathryn

I went to dinner with dd older - I didn't make dinner because d mom usually wants to go out. I can't afford that! :D I had barramundi fish grilled, vadallia onion roasted with asparagus, micro greens and a great light vinaigrette.

waiting for my dinner to settle and then I will walk.

I did my bills this am but now I have to do some other reading.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:44 pm

I don't remember if I mentioned that a few people have told me that I should enter my counted cross stitch panther into the local fair this September. (Designer name is Ross if you want to check google images.)

I looked up the entry info and prize info this afternoon.

$10. entry fee, whether you have 1 entry or 50. First prize for Counted Cross Stitch is $5, second place is $4 and a third place finish is $3.

What would "you" do? I will check back later. For the record, dh thinks I should enter at least one of my pieces.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:17 am

what does you heart say - I know that you will be out $10

1. will you feel you missed an opportunity or would you feel you spent $10
2. are you afraid that if you enter and don't win about how you would feel
3. how will this make your future cross stitch making - will it enhance it
4. would you find it a just for fun moment or would it be anxiety provoking

trust you gut - what I tell my girls.

I tend to just go for the fun of it but you know yourself better than anyone d cathy - you will choose the right thing for you.

Return to “Post When You Can”