Monsoon Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monsoon Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Ran out to Staples and they returned the tracker absolutely no problem. I may actually make a profit since I had a $10 off coupon but the guy said there were other items on the order so the coupon will be accredited to them. I hope not, that would make me feel bad (the tracker allowed me to get the other items since it meant I made the minimum order for free shipping.)

Wiped down the car when I got in so no more bugs on it.

Heard on the radio that the five rain/snow free days we had last week was the longest stretch without precipitation we've gone since October 2016. It is currently 60 degrees outside so not overly warm at all. I'm in jeans and a blazer.

Rosie: We're only expected to get 2" of rain, I think, over the day. But some areas a bit further south will get 4". So nothing like you are getting, since that's over a 24 hour period, not 3 hours.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry about the obnoxious guy, Kathryn. It's disturbing to meet people who hold on strongly to negative views and stereotypes of people groups. Maybe he's never gotten to know a Muslim well. Not that all Muslims are wonderful people, but many of them are! Just like not all non-Muslims are wonderful people, but many are!

Well, I feel like we NEED rain! I know a lot of areas are getting a lot of rain, but we're not. We might get rain on Thursday. I should water my flowers today.

Done:
- rabbit care; showed dd21 the ropes
- mailbox
- pet store
- home; menu plan and groc. list made

It's late, but I'm off to the groc. store now. Just tacos for dinner. With gluten-free tortillas. We've decided to make our entire house gluten-free to help dd21. We'll even switch the animal food, except for Maia's b/c she throws up much less on this food. It's outrageously expensive but the only brand I found (I didn't try them all. . ) that would stay down consistently. We think she has an allergy to the other food/s.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:49 pm

'BBQ' is over. Cancelling was the right thing, it is below 60, the wind was whipping the rain across the breezeway and the plants in the garden were all bowed over. From time to time the rain would go by the window in sheets. So the bbq would have been a failure for the food truck guy.

We had lots of people drop by to renew and many gave me their proxies for tomorrow. We sold $44.40 of ice cream for the tuck shop.

Then dh and I headed off for McD's for dinner since I couldn't think of anything to cook (our meals are planned for a few days and tonight was to eat out.)

Home now. Exhausted. Apartment is a mess. I need to get the proxies in order and printed off so I can give the list to the clerk at the hearing tomorrow.

I leave here at 8 so must be awake and ready to go first thing in the morning. At least I don't have to worry about watering the plants tomorrow.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:09 pm

OMGoodness Kathryn. That guy would never be able to live in downtown Toronto! SOOO many ethnics. (NOT a bad thing) I think he should be in charge of the BBQ next year. Too bad there are still people like that in the world.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:09 am

Somehow we popped online... ... don't believe it will last, though, at least not according to AT and T. We might not have even realized except we were supposed to be on the lookout for ... ...

... ...we got an email ! a big one
telling us ddil has been accepted into the Masters program that will result in becoming a Nurse Practitioner. Ds is super proud of her at this moment, lol. She got her acceptance letter in the mail today and he photographed it for the email.

I don't know whether she will continue working at the hospital throughout this or take time off, or perhaps just reduce her hours. This will be hard work to add into her life, so I'm hoping she won't just wear herself out. Her hours at the hospital are 3 consecutive 12-hour days per week, which is considered full time. Most of that time is spent on her feet and she is a tiny woman so some of the lifting, etc is challenging.

I decided to post this before hitting the hay - we may not be online when I wake up.

Return to “Post When You Can”