THREE MINUTE TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THREE MINUTE TUESDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:44 am

What little task can you accomplish in 3 minutes? I gave myself 3 minutes in each room today so I could spiff each room before I leave for rehab. Boy I hated dragging out of bed. It's really chilly here this morning and I see we got even more rain during the night. I think it's supposed to be sunny today -hope so. For some reason I just couldn't get to sleep last night. Then about midnight I realized dh never took his meds last night. I came out to see if he was awake and he was -barely. So I gave him his nighttime meds and his t ylenol PM :P Bad as the hospital: "wake me up so I can take sleep meds".

Oh, better get a move on. Have to eat breakfast and leave here in about 20 minutes. Off I go>>>>>>>> Have a great day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: THREE MINUTE TUESDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:59 am

Speaking of monsoons (yesterday), it's still raining here. Hopefully it quits in next 10 minutes or at least lightens up. Hate driving in precipitation of any kind.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:02 am

Over the next 3 hours I'll be sitting here in this hearing room for the landlord's rent increase application.

And then home and out to Costco to pick up my new glasses and out to dinner with MF.

So nothing is 3 minutes today. Although if there's a bit of down time at home I'll do tidying.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:13 am

good morning!

I have been up since 6 but have not done much yet.
I am a little nervous but excited about my first RIB boat lesson. will I make a fool of myself - probably ;) but I am trying to look at this as a challenge rather than a fear. Would I rather never do this in my lifetime will it bother me - yes - I have always wanted to be on the water myself but have always had parents etc. who had the skill. I am nervous. So today is definitely an out of my comfort zone moment. I have to believe I can do this.

I have to leave at 1:30 and my lesson starts at 3:45 - you never know with city traffic. I figure It will take me 1-1/2 hours or maybe one hour but again one never knows.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:15 am

hi d dee - happy 3 minute tuesday to you too! d dee it made me laugh that you said you were as bad as the hospital to wake him up to give him his sleeping meds. Very cute.

d kathryn good luck at the meeting

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:00 am

done took a rock shelf photo.
journal some done
hens fed
dog fed
make h drink coffee

qt done
straighten bed x
last week I moved the dogs brd out to the deck to vacume the living room she loves it out there and it stayed on the deck.

Next up my breakfast
payroll half day w kidN.

Breakfast burittos for dinner one day this week.
Roast to cook in the crock pot out side on the deck.
Tuna salad one meal.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:21 am

I'm SO proud of you blessed for stepping out of your comfort zone!!! It sounds like this is something you do want to do, even though you're not sure about it right now. You'll have an instructor there to help you, right? Others might be worried about making fools of themselves too. Hopefully, you're not expecting yourself to do it perfectly right at the start. I know nothing about boats -- though dh knows a bit as any good Dutchman would -- but I'm thinking there are skills involved that will take some practice. I'm just so impressed you're doing this!! You can do it!! If your weather is like ours, it is a gorgeous day to go on the lake.
Well, we have clear sunny skies here, Dee. Maybe they'll move over to your part of the country.
The place where you live seems to require a lot of your time, Kathryn. I hope the meeting goes well and maybe doesn't take 3 hours. My goodness! I'm not a big fan of meetings, though I know they're necessary in many cases.
Is the shelf for painted rocks nancy? Are you collecting rocks? My ds is now living in your state, I believe! He says it's pretty much been sunny for the last 2 weeks where he is. Drizzle only one day.
Congratulations to your ddil, Harriet! I feel proud of her -- even though I don't even know her. :)

My jog this morning was at my fastest pace ever, except for my sprints, which are much shorter in length. Just 0.5 miles.

Main Goals:
x1. Jog 4.5 miles
2. Brunch with 2 friends at 11
3. Gardening progress
4. Call dentist to change appt. -- timewise, not a match for my other goals, but it's important so I'm going to give it its own spot.
5. Progress on deskwork stuff: a thank you card, Maia's city registration renewal, TX small group reunion email, figure out when BY and I can meet for a tutoring session tomorrow, etc.
6. Hot yoga class @ 5:30
7. Dinner: leftover seafood paella (YUM!), g-f dinner rolls, green salad
8. Payroll: prep activity for post-final exam time tomorrow
9. Garbage and recycling collected and to the curb.

Hmmm...... That's too many. I may not get to them all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:26 am

The shelf is for painted rocks here. It is black and I wanted to use it at the grange or out on the deck but shows the dust too much, I rescued it from going to the dump, kidN was using it for part of the pretend kitchen. on the deck is temp. not sure where the shelf will end up.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:29 am

HI d nancy!

hi d helia - have a good run! seafood paella is a yum!

dishes washing themselves
laundry washing itself
breakfast done

making my OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE CHALLENGE CARDS - I have been inspired by the young woman who faced her fears in 100 days = some of course I would never do IE begging for money (if I was desperate but not because I want to; I felt that isn't right to ask people for money if you have it), jumping out of plane - not going to happen at my age lol. etc.

so far I have written:

today's motor boat on lake michigan - terrifying but I have always want to learn - I never trusted myself to save someone else so I chose not to be responsible ever - I can do this without becoming an expert

walking the dogs "in the neighbourhood" on a regular basis when people are out

flying on a plane by myself

learning how to repair my walls properly - not being afraid to repair things

continue on following my scout adventures - doing it by myself but not being perfect to what a 18 year old could do. The purpose is to learn.

speaking french with my teacher and then moving on to trying it in public

fishing without feeling guilty

give up meat and eat only fish beans and grains

not eating bread that comes with dinner - not bringing home food bc I will eat it later - ask for less food and not worry what the waiter says.

going sailing with my youngest on a small boat that is not meant for the heavy set me but dd says it won't be a problem

learning about engines in boats

going downtown for a class at the field museum by myself

take a navigation class and work at being on the water to recognize the signs etc. first going down there and walk along the lake and look for boating signs - ask questions.

eventually take a boat out by myself terrifying.

go to a class reunion

take a wood working class at our community college

join a yoga class and stay in it for 2 months

things I have accomplished:
took training for archery (I want to do that again)
canoeing class (years ago when dd younger was young) left my phone in my pocket when I jumped in the water lol
french class
took a fear of flying class and flew to minnesota and back with my class in a couple hours. lots of fun once I got over the panic. looking forward to flying again.
took the test for motor boat safety and passed two years ago
went on a 5 k walk by myself downtown - joined online, got my number and did it. parking in the parking lot by myself, registered and walked along Lake Michigan - I don't remember what it was for - I want to do this more often but have to get myself there again. 5 k is not a lot for most people but for me it is a struggle because of my weight.

d helia I was just typing this list when you posted. thank you for your support - I am a chicken at heart lol but I do like to learn and I do like a challenge

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:21 am

Good morning! Well, not so good here. Why don't I ever learn? I NEED a proper dinner to avoid morning migraines. It is not so critical when my thyroid is ok, but apparently that is not the case now. (I have an appointment to get it checked). I did get a few things done last night: LR and kitchen partially cleaned up, FlyLady's sofa diving mission, and bought cat food. I can't do any online ordering until I hear about the school calendar and confirm that the x knows about the Monday event.

Girls' Night Out with DD15 starts up again tonight, she is back from Victoria, Canada. She really liked the botanical gardens there. We have to eat at home, because I am broke. Maybe she will eat Broken Stove Chicken. (A dish I had to invent to feed the youth group when the stove broke on my day to cook for them).

I really like blessedw2's list. I wrote up a smaller list a few days ago. Goals for the next 5-10 years: get and use small trailer camper, restore 1961 Comet, and Greek revival style dollhouse. All are outside my comfort zone. I've never towed a camper or set one up by myself. I have worked on a Comet restoration, but only with the x. They don't make dollhouses like I want, so I will have to modify an existing one or figure out how to DIY. I know a dollhouse expert, but she is the other woman, not asking her. Dad has made a replica of the train station in his hometown, can ask him. None of these things will be affordable until my car is paid off (5 years). Then DD will go to college and I don't know what will be doable. Goals within the year are: sprinkler repair, MBR revamp, get bed pedestal.

Return to “Post When You Can”